Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

How long back to work in aged care Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long back to work in aged care   How long back to work in aged care EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 11:29 am

Hi Barbie and welcome to the forum.

Just noted you are from the Riverina region.

If you are not working Monday there is a meet up of Riverina sleevers from the forum at the Storehouse cafe Wagga from 11.30 am.

You are most welcome to come along and meet other sleevers, some sleeved over a year, some newly sleeved, and some not yet sleeved.
Back to top Go down
barbie
Part of the furniture
barbie

Female
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2011-04-01

PostSubject: Re: How long back to work in aged care   How long back to work in aged care EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 11:16 am

Thanks Kylie,

I am an AIN, and do night shifts by myself. We are a 30 bed low care facility, although there are a couple of high care residents there in the dementia section. I usually have to shower one person who is high care and gets up early and the other high care is always getting out of be and has no idea how to get back into bed. The way these two are my main concern. Everyone else is fine and can do things themselves or sleep in for the next staff to arrive at 7am.

That time that my boss said, I thought was a bit long after talking to many other sleevers who are not nurses, they say they are ready in a couple of weeks. Maybe my boss is trying to get me to take off more holidays.

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
barbie
Part of the furniture
barbie

Female
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2011-04-01

PostSubject: How long back to work in aged care   How long back to work in aged care EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 12:57 am

Hi everyone,
I am just wondering if there are any aged care nurses out there who have had the gastric sleeve done. I would like to know as to how long you have taken off work. As some residents are hard work, I am trying to work out how much time I should take off. My boss's daughter had it done and she was told 4-6 weeks. I do not have a date yet for the op, but am getting prepared for when I do. I can't wait until it happens. My first appoint with the nurse was cancelled, so now I have to go on the 28 Apr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long back to work in aged care   How long back to work in aged care Empty

Back to top Go down

How long back to work in aged care
Page 1 of 1