AuthorMessage
nimue
Part of the furniture
nimue

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-10-13

clavicular arthritis Empty
PostSubject: Re: clavicular arthritis   clavicular arthritis EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 6:19 am

Thanks for the support AliKat,

it took awhile for them to work it out, I have pain that goes from my shoulder up my neck to the base of my ear, radiating around to the front of my chest (collarbone) and the back shoulder blade, add to that the shoulder bursitis..........

Anyway I ve just come back from GP who has given a referal to Mr Kieth Holt, who apparently has been around along time and has done many sports (i.e. football) injuries, highly experienced so I am going to get a second opinion. The first is reluctant to do a resection on my Sternoclavicular (the worst spot), all my research has told me it is a reasonalby easy, laproscopic procedure and highly successful.

So we will so what the verdict is on my second opinion. Terri-fic
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: clavicular arthritis   clavicular arthritis EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 6:11 am

I can't help but offer support. After months and months of daily migraines and popping pain killers like they are tic-tacs my GP finally referred me for a scan, it showed arthritis in my neck ... although I am getting most pain and tingling in my shoulder, she was so vague with "what to do". I am seeing another doctor on the weekend to ask for scans of the entire area (bottom of the shoulder blades to the top of the noggin).

I can feel some of your pain and yes, the typing can be a chore. I sincerely hope you get the surgery and pain relief that you need.

Hugs ...
Back to top Go down
nimue
Part of the furniture
nimue

Female

PostSubject: Re: clavicular arthritis   clavicular arthritis EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 3:53 am

Hi Emily,

I started noticing it about 18 months ago but has got serious since my op last june, I have had three nasty falls (in hospital for 1), each time falling on my right arm/knee first. I believe this is what started it.

I would call it chronic now as even typing on the forum today is agrivating it. It is constantly sore, there, noticable, but becomes so painful if I do anything repeatative, the only thing that will help the pain is prescribed digesics.

Terri-fic
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: clavicular arthritis   clavicular arthritis EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 3:38 am

Is this a new development post-sleeve or a chronic problem, if you don't mind me asking?
Back to top Go down
nimue
Part of the furniture
nimue

Female

PostSubject: clavicular arthritis   clavicular arthritis EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 2:10 am

Hi folks,

I'm back, have just lost 3 months, because of travelling, no computer and moving house. Im back in Perth now permanently.

During this period I have not been able to do my felting (devastated) among other mundain things, like sweep floors, rake the garden, type, write, excetera, because of clavicular arthritis.

I as usual, have to do things well, I couldnt just get sternoclavicular arthritis, I had to also get acrmio and bursitis as well...to cut a long story short, I desperately need a surgeon who is will to do a resection on my collorbone at both ends.

Is their anyone out there who knows of a Perth shoulder surgeon who knows his business. Your feedback would really be appreciated.

Terri-fic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: clavicular arthritis   clavicular arthritis Empty

Back to top Go down

clavicular arthritis
Page 1 of 1