Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

Plantar Fasciitis - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Plantar Fasciitis   Plantar Fasciitis - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011, 3:40 am

First topic message reminder :

I suffer from this, and it can be quite painful at times, and really limits the physical activity I can do.

My question is, has anyone else suffered from plantar fasciitis before being sleeved, and found it improved as you lost weight?

Im really hoping that weight loss will help with the condition...

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
charliereallyisagirl

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Plantar Fasciitis   Plantar Fasciitis - Page 3 EmptySun 01 May 2011, 1:22 pm

Caused some severe plantar fasciitis trying to be healthy and walking to the train station and around work at lunchtime in flat shoes. It was agony! Fixed it by never walking around the house in bare feet again, bought a pair of FitFlops to wear around the house. Used a plantar fasciitis stretch first thing in the morning before putting my feet anywhere near the floor (or in my fitflops) see video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvW4kKBPq2Q&NR=1 and used the stretch and massage any time I could during the day. Strapped it up when I needed to do exercise with any impact (see video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z2XlqsuQSY&feature=relmfu). My osteo said to avoid flat shoes, always have arch support from inserts (can buy from althletic shop) for sneakers/exercise shoes, and make sure any of your normal shoes have a heel of 2-5cm. Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
soulcatcher
Part of the furniture
soulcatcher

Female
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Plantar Fasciitis   Plantar Fasciitis - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011, 6:49 am

Hi,

I had PF once, and get scared whenever I get achey feet. I notice great relief doing an alternative Achilles tendon stretch (stand close to wall, put foot on wall, heel on ground, gradually put pressure on foot) and I'm also a fan of my new sketcher shape-ups shoes. Can bounce around work all day on my feet, no pain, walk the dog then gym.

Haven't lost enough yet to definitively say PF is going to be a distant memory . . . But as weight gain is one of the major contributing factors, it stands to reason weight loss will help lessen the condition.

Check out heel spur.com - it might have some tips.

K :-)
Back to top Go down
kiwichick

Female
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Plantar Fasciitis   Plantar Fasciitis - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011, 6:01 am

Hi Kazz

I had PF a number of years ago and I had the injections which only worked for a short period of time and then the surgeon suggested putting me into a cast for 8 weeks (this is a really old treatment) and it worked - don't ask me how or why - all I know is it did

A nurse that my mother works with got PF a couple of years ago and mum told her about my treatment and her Dr was like - well that isn't a treatment we use but we will give it a go - and it worked for her too

Sorry this isn't really an answer to your question about losing weight curing PF but just a suggestion

Plantar Fasciitis - Page 3 65317
Back to top Go down
Suzie

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Plantar Fasciitis   Plantar Fasciitis - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011, 4:47 am

Hi Kazz,
I had a very mild case of plantar fasclitis and my physio suggested to freeze a small coke bottle and then roll the bottom of my feet on the ground for about 3 minutes. It helped me but it sounds like your case is a lot more severe!
Hope this helps.
Suzie
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Plantar Fasciitis   Plantar Fasciitis - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011, 3:43 am

I did/do! The only thing I found that helped mine was injections of cortisone into my foot - hurt like hell but fixed things up for a month or so. Because it hurt so much, I asked my sleeve surgeon to inject my feet while I was under the anaesthetic, which he very kindly did. It worked for about 5 weeks but I can feel my feet getting a bit sorer again. I think that moving is a good thing, after you've been on your feet a while the pain goes away. It will eventually be gone from our feet but it does unfortunately take its time to disappear.
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Plantar Fasciitis   Plantar Fasciitis - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011, 3:40 am

I suffer from this, and it can be quite painful at times, and really limits the physical activity I can do.

My question is, has anyone else suffered from plantar fasciitis before being sleeved, and found it improved as you lost weight?

Im really hoping that weight loss will help with the condition...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plantar Fasciitis   Plantar Fasciitis - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plantar Fasciitis
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Other Health Issues-
Jump to: