AuthorMessage
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2010-02-06

I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 11:17 am

Ssjad, the band was the craze a dew years back but now surgeons are more openly offering the sleeve and selling the benefits of it so to speak. Everyones finally realised what a stupid, useless piece of shit the lapband actually is and for those of us who were unfortunate enough to have it came to our senses and had it removed.

If I had my time over I'd never do it again and I'd never recommend it to anyone..

Up the sleeve ! Roll on June !
Back to top Go down
http://sosamalicious.blogspot.com
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 10:03 am

Why are surgeons so reluctant to use sleeving as a first option? It sounds like people are having their bands removed at the rate of knots here!
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyThu 18 Mar 2010, 2:02 am

Hi,
Congratulations to those that have had or are about the get the band out YAY

Roll on the sleeve, you are sooooo gonna love it.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
jen-e
Sponsor
jen-e

Female
Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyWed 17 Mar 2010, 2:26 pm

How are you doing Karlin?
I'm having my band out in 6 days...same surgeon as you I believe. Have you got your date for your sleeve? I'm hoping my insides aren't too bad so will only have to wait 2 months. Just hope no weight goes on while waiting.
Yay! Bring on the sleeve! I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? 487524
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 11:06 am

SamiB wrote:
...or even BANDING the sleeve !! ...!

OMG! I feel faint just thinking about it.

Dark
Back to top Go down
TGirl
TGirl

Female
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 8:51 am

That's great news Sami.
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 7:03 am

I was the same Sami. Getting it out was the easiest part about it. Roll on June.

I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? 217555
Back to top Go down
Gail
Part of the furniture
Gail

Female
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 6:47 am

Hi Sami

Congrats on getting the band removed. I was the same regarding the pain relief when mine came out, didn't need any. And actually, I was pretty much off the pain meds within the first 24hrs after sleeving as well.

They'd put me on a Fentinol drip after the sleeve and all it did was make me sick and upchucking was the last thing I wanted to do with my new tummy, so I just stopped using it and didn't feel much pain at all. I think it helps that they used the same incision sites from the banding/debanding so the nerve endings were shot.

Bring on June!!!

Cheers
Gail
Back to top Go down
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 5:17 am

hi everyone !

well i had my band removed yesterday and wait for it..... i had NO pain relief whatsoever after the op. it was an absolute breeze. wish getting it in had been that easy ! spoke to my surgeon and sleeving will be done early june. bring on my new life. i seriously can't wait for it !!! i'm sick of feeling fat and uncomfortable and out of control but i'm sure we've all been in the same place.

how are you doin karlin after your band removal ?
hope everyone else is well !
cheers,
Sami Xx
Back to top Go down
karlin

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 10:50 pm

Hi Sami I too am getting my band taken out wed...tomorrow:) I am so excited about it finally coming out as well. Just means another step closer to getting the sleeve done. Wishing you all the best with your surgery tomorrow I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? 65317
Back to top Go down
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 10:41 pm

Well they had a cancellation on their surgery list so the nurse called me at 4.45 yesterday. I'm stoked ! Sooner this silly band is off the sooner I get my sleeve and get back on track !!!
Back to top Go down
tarnz
Part of the furniture
tarnz

Female
Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 11:50 am

Thats fantastic news Sami I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? 65317
Back to top Go down
soz_mcdoz13
Part of the furniture
soz_mcdoz13

Female
Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2009-12-29

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 11:47 am

That's great news Same!! How did you get in so soon??
Back to top Go down
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 11:28 am

Thanks ladies ! Your support has truly been heavensent. I don't know what I wouldve done hadn't I stumbled across this site !!! But today I have yet more news. My band is being removed Wednesday- that's right... Not tomorrow but the day after ! Which equals I'll be able to be sleeved sooner. It's pure gold- I'm thrilled !!! Now I have a decent chance of not looking like fat Albert for my birthday ! Lol
Back to top Go down
soz_mcdoz13
Part of the furniture
soz_mcdoz13

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptySun 07 Mar 2010, 3:41 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!! Bet you are over the moon! The day I had it set in stone that I was getting my band out was the best day I've had in ages!!!! Well done for being firm and sticking to what YOU want. It is your body and I totally know what it is like to have a dodgy band...yes I know that they do work well for some and I'm not bad mouthing them at all, it did help me lose 25kg, but I am more than looking forward to saying bye bye band.

You are going to be well on your way to your sleeve before you know it!!

I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? 542174 I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? 542174 I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? 542174 I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? 542174 I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? 542174
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptySun 07 Mar 2010, 3:29 am

Sami, congratulations on getting your surgeon to see sense, and getting such a quick date to boot I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? 446871
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptySun 07 Mar 2010, 3:19 am

Sam I am so glad that your visit went well and he has agreed to take the band out. And wonderful that you only have to wait a couple of weeks.

Back to top Go down
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptySun 07 Mar 2010, 1:39 am

hey soz !!
well.... i went in to see the surgeon on thurs and the receptionist said to me, be strong. and i said why doesn't he want to do it ? and she said well he's 50/50. that was until he looked at the result of my gastrograph. my band is in perfect position, however- it was showing my aesophagus was dilated and the band needs to be removed. so that made up his mind for him ! he said to me sleeve is the way to go and if that fails he went through the other options with me such as the BPD or the rouen y bypass or even BANDING the sleeve !! But after what i've read on here it's hard to fail when you go from band to sleeve so fingers crossed for me ! My surgeon was brilliant though- i really can't fault him. Band removal is scheduled for 31 march and then the nurse was talking about sleeving mid July. Dr Bovey said though it's minimum 6 wks so im going to try and get the sleeve done in mid/late June. The nurse was a bit pissy to be honest- she has the band and it's been effective for her but her brother is my surgeon so if she has any issues at all it's only a matter of speed dial. I'm just so pleased though that it's happening. I feel ordinary and i just want to get on with it !!!
Thanks for thinking about me !
Back to top Go down
soz_mcdoz13
Part of the furniture
soz_mcdoz13

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyFri 05 Mar 2010, 12:23 pm

How did you go with your surgeon Sam?
Back to top Go down
soz_mcdoz13
Part of the furniture
soz_mcdoz13

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 10:24 am

Good on you Sam...be firm with what you say to him. Best of luck :)
Back to top Go down
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 2:58 am

i'm seeing the surgeon on thursday and i've made up my mind. i''m going to tell him i've read about the risks and i am making an informed decision. hopefully he'll see i'm being reasonable. he made me have a gastrograph the other day- i thought i was having a barium swallow. i can deal with barium but that gastrograph stuff is awful !!!! i nearly vomited everwhere in xray... lol !!! bring on thursday i say- at least then i'll know where i'm at !
Back to top Go down
soz_mcdoz13
Part of the furniture
soz_mcdoz13

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 11:18 am

I agree Sam, get forceful, tell him you want it GONE!!! it's your body and your choice! I can't wait to have my band GONE!!!
Good Luck hun :)
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 7:29 am

What a pain SamiB,

You might have to get a bit forceful and tell him you want it GONE.

Back to top Go down
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 6:27 am

my surgeon is going to make it difficult for me- he wants me to have a swallow to assess where the band is and is basically saying my band is fine. so that's why i've had it 2 years and i'm still 120kg ? grrrrrrrrrr !!!!
Back to top Go down
charma
charma

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? EmptyWed 10 Feb 2010, 2:00 am

Hi there, I had my band removed in October 2008 and waited till November 2009 to have my sleeve surgery. I could have had it much earlier but it took me that long, weighing up the pros and cons. I guess i was a little sceptical becuase i everything that went wrong with the band... Now though, I wish I had the surgery 12 months ago LOL!!!!!!

I lost 20kgs with the band, however that was from continous reflux and vomiting. i ended up that i couldnt have anymore than 0.5ml in the band and i would start vomiting and not get anything down. Consequently when it came out, i put the weight back on and some more.

In terms of the sleeve surgery. The key holes are smaller and it seems to be less invasive for me. I held up ALOT quicker than the band and i think its purely because i didnt have a foreign body inside me LOL.. I just wish i considered the sleeve before the band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???   I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve??? Empty

Back to top Go down

I need some advice!!! Band to sleeve???
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next