Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Self Funding in Brisbane? Does anyone know a Doctor?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Icandothis!

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2015-07-08

Self Funding in Brisbane?  Does anyone know a Doctor? Empty
PostSubject: Self Funding in Brisbane? Does anyone know a Doctor?   Self Funding in Brisbane?  Does anyone know a Doctor? EmptyThu 07 Jan 2016, 5:05 am

I was with Bupa who changed their cover and had to cancel my December date for my sleeve.  I do not want to have to wait another year my weight is climbing :(    

It has been 9 months now since I had my lapband removed.  Love love love my doctor but he will not do my surgery with me self funding. Self Funding in Brisbane?  Does anyone know a Doctor? 487524
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Self Funding in Brisbane? Does anyone know a Doctor?   Self Funding in Brisbane?  Does anyone know a Doctor? EmptyThu 07 Jan 2016, 10:10 am

If BUPA Just changed there policy on your cover, can you change to another fund and finish the time there?
Will they give you a letter saying they did cover it and its just changed?
Back to top Go down
Carissa5984
Carissa5984

Female
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2015-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Self Funding in Brisbane? Does anyone know a Doctor?   Self Funding in Brisbane?  Does anyone know a Doctor? EmptyThu 07 Jan 2016, 8:06 pm

Icandothis! wrote:
I was with Bupa who changed their cover and had to cancel my December date for my sleeve.  I do not want to have to wait another year my weight is climbing :(    

It has been 9 months now since I had my lapband removed.  Love love love my doctor but he will not do my surgery with me self funding. Self Funding in Brisbane?  Does anyone know a Doctor? 487524
Hi,

I live in Brisbane and am self funding my surgery next month. The clinic I am going through operates from Varsity Lakes on the Gold Coast, but Dr Adib is doing my surgery at The Wesley.

That could be an option for you. I only had to travel down to the clinic one day to do the surgicial, nursing, dietitian and psychologist appts.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Icandothis!

Female
Registration date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Tried changing funds.   Self Funding in Brisbane?  Does anyone know a Doctor? EmptyMon 11 Jan 2016, 2:58 am

Yes i thought it would be an option to change funds and still be covered from 18th november when my bupa would have been in effect. BUT noooooooooo you cant do that apparently even went through the ombodsman as medibank told me it was definately and option and i had it confirmed in writing before i changed to them.  Only to be told after prepaying for the year i had to wait another 12 months with them.  Obodsman said it was a 'human error' and apologised but there was nothing they could do about it. 

I love dr adib he is also my doctor :)  As my surgery is revisional i cannot self fund with him :(
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Self Funding in Brisbane? Does anyone know a Doctor?   Self Funding in Brisbane?  Does anyone know a Doctor? EmptyMon 11 Jan 2016, 11:33 am

Human error!!!
& they gave it to you in writing!!

Ahhhh!!!
Thats terrible, you poor thing.
They at least could of cut down your waiting times by 6 months or something!!

So when does your new cover kick in?
Back to top Go down
kalaney
kalaney

Female
Registration date : 2015-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Self Funding in Brisbane? Does anyone know a Doctor?   Self Funding in Brisbane?  Does anyone know a Doctor? EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016, 1:24 am

Dr Copp works out of St Andrews Private at Ipswich and also Greenslopes (I think) and he is doing me.  I used my super, he is confident after performing many sleeves that all will be ok.  Says if I have any issues after I check out he will see me at the public hospital although so far he hasnt had any issues with any self funded patients. Good luck hope that helps :-)
Back to top Go down
38notlate

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Self Funding in Brisbane? Does anyone know a Doctor?   Self Funding in Brisbane?  Does anyone know a Doctor? EmptyMon 01 Feb 2016, 12:25 pm

Hi, I am looking at having mine done using my super without PHI. 
Can I ask how much you have been quoted Carissa and Kalaney?Thank you 😊
Back to top Go down
Carissa5984
Carissa5984

Female
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2015-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Self Funding in Brisbane? Does anyone know a Doctor?   Self Funding in Brisbane?  Does anyone know a Doctor? EmptyTue 02 Feb 2016, 8:35 am

38notlate wrote:
Hi, I am looking at having mine done using my super without PHI. 
Can I ask how much you have been quoted Carissa and Kalaney?Thank you 😊

Quoting clinic costs (12 months unlimited psychologist and dietitian support), surgeons costs, hospital costs, Isagenix/optifast costs and anesthesiologist - total was $26,500.
Back to top Go down
38notlate

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Self Funding in Brisbane? Does anyone know a Doctor?   Self Funding in Brisbane?  Does anyone know a Doctor? EmptyTue 02 Feb 2016, 11:43 am

Thanks Carissa, that's such a lot but to be honest if I had enough in my super I'd do it. I think I'm going to wait and go as an intermediate patient in Oct/Nov
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self Funding in Brisbane? Does anyone know a Doctor?   Self Funding in Brisbane?  Does anyone know a Doctor? Empty

Back to top Go down

Self Funding in Brisbane? Does anyone know a Doctor?
Page 1 of 1