Optifast/Isogenix

Go down 
+2
Clarebear
Carissa5984
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptyWed 18 Nov 2015, 10:00 pm

Just checked - it's on now, the shakes are 35 % off, the other stuff is slightly reduced, but you can use that promo code WOW to get an EXTRA 15% off - once only, I tried, but it said I'd already used it before...grrr...!!!
Back to top Go down

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptyWed 18 Nov 2015, 2:30 am

No, it starts tomorrow. :-)
Back to top Go down
Clarebear
Clarebear

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2015-10-17

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptyWed 18 Nov 2015, 2:17 am

That's great I need some more, just looked on line and the price is not down, did you see it only in the hard catalogue ?
Back to top Go down

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptyWed 18 Nov 2015, 12:28 am

FYI for those who need to buy Optifast, I just got an Amcal Catalogue, and they have Optifast shakes on sale from tomorrow for $35 (35% off) - not sure if it's just the shakes, or the range on sale , in store & online . If you use the code WOW it gives you an extra 15% off (was still working today) plus, if you have a store near you, you can click & collect so you don't have to pay postage ! I love a bargain......
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015, 9:36 pm

Note - the soups were still disgusting, even when smooth, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015, 9:31 pm

I blended the soups in a bullet with cold water, then heated them in the microwave - but don't boil, the protein stuff in it will go yuck.  

For shakes - I always (even now) add about 300 mls of water, plus ice, and often add some sugar free syrup (gloria jeans has caramel and vanilla, or look for torani sugar free online, or try Queens sugar free maple flavoured syrup).  Blending that in a bullet seems to give it a much nicer texture.  I really enjoy them.  

You can also add essences to them.  Plenty to choose from to vary up the taste.
Back to top Go down

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015, 8:43 pm

I always had lumps in the chicken soup , too - I thought it was pretty gross ! I was given a sample of the tomato soup, & I thought that one was ok ( no lumps!) I also found the mixed vege soup better ( less bad ???!!!) than the chicken, but I guess everything depends on personal taste. I liked the choc, strawberry, caramel and coffee shakes. I'm not a fan of normal banana shakes, so I was never going to try the Opti version ! I don't normally like iced coffee, but I really liked the coffee shakes - with that one I found I needed to add a little extra water. And, as others have said, you need to make them with really cold water & add crushed ice. I liked the berry crunch bars, & i felt like I was not having a 'diet meal replacement' when I ate those - plus, they're quick & easy for lunch if you're out !!! Choc pudding is nice - I read somewhere that someone froze it into little 'milky icy poles', so I might try that ( I'm in post op liquid phase now, so Optifast is still on the menu !!) I got really thirsty, so, as everyone else said, drink plenty of water !!!
Back to top Go down
Carissa5984
Carissa5984

Female
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2015-10-31

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015, 9:12 am

RacyTracy - those dreaded headaches are indeed your body going into withdrawl from the Coke - or more so the caffine and sugar in them. It will take a few days, but this too will pass :) Keep hydrated with H2O and before you know it, your body won't know what you are missing.

I'm not too sure i will enjoy the soups so much, so when it comes my time, I think I am going to go for the Chocolate or Strawberry shakes, making it icy cold and perhaps a little chocolate pudding every couple of days...
Back to top Go down
whispers

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-10-11

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015, 8:50 am

With the soups I found that mixing the powder in tepid water before adding hot/boiling water helped to get rid of the lumps - it definitely doesn't like boiling water first up!

All the best.
Back to top Go down
RacyTracy
RacyTracy

Female
Number of posts : 96

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015, 8:01 am

Thanks for the tips lmw, I will definetly try the blender with the soups and even the shakes. I'll be glad if it turns me off the fizzy drinks, that would be great.

This forum is great, every little question we newbie's have gets answered by someone that has already been through what we are going through or someone that is going through it at the same time, thanks guys. It is appreciated beyond words.
Optifast/Isogenix 618285
Back to top Go down
Lmw93579
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2015-03-10

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015, 7:18 am

Know it's not the case for all but after surgery I've had a sip or two of fizzy drink and it definitely didn't agree with me. Cured me of the craving pretty quick
Back to top Go down
Lmw93579
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2015-03-10

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015, 7:12 am

I'd go the optifast it's much more simple. I'm with Froody, it's a pyramid scheme, they try to sell it as a lifestyle change but only if you buy the products.

RacyTracey - headaches are to be expected and Yep they can start early. Drink plenty of water, take some panadol, hang in there and in a few days you'll feel much better😊

As for the lumpy soups, I bought a NutriNinja in preparation for purée stage and found that mixing with that makes the smoothest shakes. No more lumps👍 Any kind of counter top blender would probably help.

Hate to say it but this is where you have to start committing, the changes won't stop after two weeks but it's well worth it
Back to top Go down
RacyTracy
RacyTracy

Female

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015, 6:39 am

Thanks for that Clarebear, so there is light at the end of the tunnel lol, I thought I'd give up fizzy drinks altogether, might as well now and get it over and done with. Thanks for the advise 😀 One day at a time!
Back to top Go down
Clarebear
Clarebear

Female

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015, 6:23 am

IWelcome to Optifast 😀 I haven't tried the soups so I can't comment on those but I have all the others

Strawberry shake - yum
Banana shake - yum
Chocolate shake - yum
Lemon Creme dessert - yum
Chocolate desert - yum

I don't like the coffee and vanilla ones 

Chocolate and berry crunch bars are ok, especially as your mind thinks it's eating solid foods 😀

Remember you should be able to eat any of them so it doesn't matter if you have 3 shakes or 3 desserts as long as the Optifast replaces the meals.

I'm on week two now and had terrible headaches for the first couple days and really hungry but now I'm find and find I just drink water if the munchies set in 

Optifast does says you have diet soda but you would have to check with the the dietician and considering after surgery you can have none it's probably better to withdraw now 

Good luck
Back to top Go down
RacyTracy
RacyTracy

Female

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015, 5:45 am

Oh god, this may not relate but need to get it off my chest lol

First day of Opti-fast and my god the Chicken Soup was discusting!!! Please tell me there is a better way of preparing it or to make it taste better. Mine has lumps galore in it and I have a whole box to get through.

Also the Chocolate Bars while not too bad, I'm not sure I can get past the smell of them lol

The Choc shake was good, I have also brought the Vanilla one so hopefully that will be good too. Also has anyone tried the pudding, is that nice?

It's only day 1 and I have had the biggest headache this afternoon. Did anyone go through withdrawels so early on. Please tell me it passes pretty please, it doesnt help that I am a coke drinker and now I also need to give that up as well. Geez I hope I only have to do this for 2 weeks!!
Back to top Go down

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptySun 15 Nov 2015, 8:12 pm

Yes, that's the one I'm thinking of, Froody. I looked it up ages ago b/c a Facebook friend of mine was raving about it (and, yep, turns out she's selling it!)

Optifast works fine ! :-)
Back to top Go down

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptySun 15 Nov 2015, 7:15 pm

Isagenix, from what I've seen from a friend who sells it on Facebook, is the Amway of the shake world. Overly expensive and a pyramid scheme.
Back to top Go down
Carissa5984
Carissa5984

Female

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptySun 15 Nov 2015, 10:23 am

Thank-you both!!

Isogenix I think is American based, but available in Australia too. The company I am going through for my surgery stock it and I have friends on facebook who sell Isogenix also... its very good from what I hear, but very expensive - at least $10 per shake on ebay!
Back to top Go down
Clarebear
Clarebear

Female

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptySun 15 Nov 2015, 9:51 am

IPharmacy on line seems to have the lowest prices for Optifast , however I have seen a few specials on the Amcal site at the moment .
I got about 6 boxes of Optifast products last week from my local good price pharmacy and the shakes where on a really good special , $32 a box for the 12 pack and $49 for the 21 pack . They also matched the price on the bars and dessert , same as online pharmacy prices .
It would be work asking your local chemist to price match , I saved around $45
Back to top Go down

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptySun 15 Nov 2015, 5:28 am

I think Priceline Pharmacy has Optifast on sale at the minute. I think the chemists tend to have it on special at various times. I got mine from Amcal when they had a deal going. Never heard of Isogenix, sorry - or is that an American weigh loss program thing ??
Back to top Go down
Carissa5984
Carissa5984

Female

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix EmptySat 14 Nov 2015, 6:48 am

Hi,

I'm getting organised super early, but does anyone know where the best place to get Optifast or Isogenix from at a good price? The clinic I am going through uses Isogenix Pro Lean as their preferred shake.

Thanks! x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Optifast/Isogenix Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast/Isogenix   Optifast/Isogenix Empty

Back to top Go down

Optifast/Isogenix
Page 1 of 1