Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jelly

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Low Blood sugar post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Blood sugar post op   Low Blood sugar post op EmptyThu 06 Jun 2013, 4:47 am

Hi Kell

If you want to get an accurate BGL reading i suggest you go and have fasting bloods done otherwise borrow your friends glucometer and take another test two hours(not five hours) after eating/drinking for a more accurate result.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Jasmellea

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Low Blood sugar post op   Low Blood sugar post op EmptyWed 05 Jun 2013, 1:38 pm

lin1970 wrote:
There is a sleeved lady on youtube who has reactive hypoglycaemia.I can send the link if you are interested

Yes please Lin.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Low Blood sugar post op   Low Blood sugar post op EmptyWed 05 Jun 2013, 4:52 am

There is a sleeved lady on youtube who has reactive hypoglycaemia.I can send the link if you are interested
Back to top Go down
Jasmellea

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Low Blood sugar post op   Low Blood sugar post op EmptyTue 04 Jun 2013, 2:24 pm

This is a concern for me also. If I skip meals or not eat enough then I start to feel irritable, dizzy, and generally unwell. I will feel like this maybe once a month. I have on occasions tested by blood sugar at these times and it has been low. I even managed a twin pregnancy being overweight and passed the glucose tolerance test with flying colours (surprising the doctors). I tried asking the dietician about this and she couldn't give me any answers. I am concerned when I have the sleeve with the reduced calorie intake I will experience more of these episodes.

I have yet to see the surgeon so haven't been able to ask him.

I am hoping currently my problem is with my body having to produce too much insulin used to too much food and when I don't eat that amount it has issues and lets me know. I hope that when my body gets more used to only having small amounts it will produce less insulin and I will have less problems.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Kell

Female
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2011-09-22

PostSubject: Low Blood sugar post op   Low Blood sugar post op EmptyTue 04 Jun 2013, 8:53 am

I have a diabetic friend and when he recently tested his BSL I asked to do mine for fun (!) and it turned out it was 2.2 which is VERY low. It had been 5 hours since I ate, and I had had a drink of alcohol, but still seems low to me. I read that bypass surgery can cause reactive hypoglycaemia and wondered if the sleeve might be the same? I called my surgeons office who said they hadn't heard of it there, but they were not surprised it might come form post surgery dietary restrictions etc and to see my GP for how to monitor and treat it which I am doing tomorrow. In the meantime I wanted to ask if it just me or if anyone else has experienced this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Low Blood sugar post op   Low Blood sugar post op Empty

Back to top Go down

Low Blood sugar post op
Page 1 of 1