AuthorMessage
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

special occasions Empty
PostSubject: Re: special occasions   special occasions EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 6:10 am

Special occaisions are special occaisions, so I allow myself to have a few of the naughty foods. I have taken the stance that nothing is 'off limits', but the ground rule is that it has to be a small amount or in portion. And as you are participating in a special occaision, what you are eating is not an every day occurance! Not only that I find that the sleeve doesn't allow me to make a guts of myself as I used to and I find one or two small pieces of the 'naughty' stuff is more than enough to satisfy me.

As for the social eating without obviously eating much, it depends what is on offer. My last social encounter was a bbq on NYE. I had a few of the nibbles on offer, eating slowly and spacing it out so I didn't fill up too quick. When the main bbq and salad was served I just had a small piece of meat and a small bit of salad and ate very slowly. No one seemed to notice the amount I was eating nor did they comment on it (I am one of those 'quiet sleevers' where only the very nearest and dearest know).

Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

special occasions Empty
PostSubject: special occasions   special occasions EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 9:42 am

I was wondering how you deal with special occassions where they is lots of food around especially "naughty foods"

IRL 1-1 I could chew your ear off. but in a group I am very shy.

my saviour is to sit and eat can't talk eating etc

but that has to change.

How do you social eat with out sounding rude and not eating much
etc
Back to top Go down

special occasions
Page 1 of 1