5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackchook
Blackchook

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER   Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER EmptyMon 24 Sep 2012, 3:00 pm

Hey Mislis

My surgeon was Gordon Padovan - he was terrific.

I was scared, nervous and often questioned if I was making the right decision. But it definitely was the right decision. I found I had no willpower to lose the weight on my own and to keep it off and now I feel back in control.

I have so much more confidence and just feel happier.

Good luck on your journey!
Back to top Go down
Mislis
Mislis

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER   Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER EmptyMon 24 Sep 2012, 1:43 pm

Hey Blackchook, I'm getting sleeved on 1st of November, I'm so nervous hoping I've made the right decision. Reading your positive experience makes me excited :-) good luck with your journey...
Who was your surgeon?
Back to top Go down
Blackchook
Blackchook

Female

PostSubject: Re: Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER   Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER EmptyMon 24 Sep 2012, 1:16 pm

Tracylee, I felt very nervous and it took me a long time to actually come to the decision to be sleeved.

After visiting 1 surgeon I was not very positive about it and I went to another surgeon who was terrific, and made me feel really good in the consultation. Having a surgeon that you can connect with is very important as well.

I hope you feel more positive after your appointment.

Brooke
Back to top Go down
Tracylee

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER   Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER EmptySun 23 Sep 2012, 4:33 am

Brooke, it was great to read your positive approach. Well done on your success so far.

I have an appointment with my surgeon on Tuesday. Ever since I made this appointment I have started having negative feelings towards being sleeved.

I think this site is a fantastic tool for those looking into being sleeved. Thanks again for your positive post.
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER   Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER EmptySun 23 Sep 2012, 3:35 am

Brooke that is so good, I love to hear how positive peoples outlooks are post sleeve, it really does give you a new lease on life!

For me the sleeve is the holy grail of weight control, I can pretty much eat what I want (which is not much, that is the best feeling!) and stay under my goal weight. After 20 years of being overweight I will never ever take being slim for granted.

Enjoy knocking off those last 25kgs!
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER   Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER EmptyThu 20 Sep 2012, 12:42 pm

Well done Brooke doing awesome! Yes I totally agree, 43 kg lighter, from a size 20 to a 10, happier & healthiest I've ever been, best decision I ever made! Love my sleeve!!
Back to top Go down
Blackchook
Blackchook

Female

PostSubject: Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER   Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER EmptyThu 20 Sep 2012, 11:27 am

I just wanted to share my happiness at going through with the sleeve.

For anyone considering the sleeve, this has certainly been the best decision I have ever made and an investment in my life.

I am only 13 weeks out and I have lost 21kg. People are constantly telling me how healthy I look and I feel terrific. And I still have another 25kg to go. I have been shopping like mad and fitting into so many more clothes, makes me feel so good.

Any issues I have had whilst recovering have been minor and I have learned how to adjust to be prepared with my eating. I no longer have cravings for junk food and I always go for the healthy option because my body wants it.

Before having the sleeve I was very nervous and I think I held onto my fat as a way of protecting myself, but I am now ready to face the world!

Brooke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER   Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER Empty

Back to top Go down

Going ahead with the sleeve was my best decision EVER
Page 1 of 1