lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! EmptyTue 15 May 2012, 1:04 pm

robbie, what brand is the baby bangers and mash?

it seems the sleeve makes everyone feel different
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! EmptyTue 15 May 2012, 12:21 pm

lota carbs in there Robbie so they are feuling the cravings and hunger... if you can switch them up a bit you will save yourself the pain. Other than that you look like your on track portion wise... so no your not gonna stretch your sleeve.

As Angel said hunger can be thirst .. it can also be reflux ( it can feel like hunger with out the acid wash) so if your on a PPI (relux med) like pariot or somac etc they are pretty antiquated and not overly efficient so you might need to change them to something that works better for you.If your not on any reflux meds you might actually need to get on one.
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! EmptyTue 15 May 2012, 12:12 pm

robbie

it goes through stages, when u move to heavier foods u wont feel so hungry

your doing good - hunger pangs could mean water/liquid pangs.. maintain ya clear fluids too..
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
ozrick33
Part of the furniture
ozrick33

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2012-03-12

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! EmptyTue 15 May 2012, 4:28 am

Congratulations Robbie.

I know you were nervous before hand, understandably, but you have gone to point of no return now.

I love the 6 meals a day system. Means I am never really over hungry. For morning and afternoon tea I will often have something small like a fruit tub or yoghurt. Sometimes I have chilli con carne. I am eating a ton of that. I love eating it and it is full of protein.

Don't rush back to work or doing physical things. I was surprised how tired I was weeks afterwards. Now though, major energy and feeling great.

Welcome to your new, improved life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sydneyinsurancebroker.com.au
Jazziegirl
Jazziegirl

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2012-03-07

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! EmptySun 13 May 2012, 11:30 pm

trishah wrote:
would you like someone to email you a dieticians guideline... I have one I can send you hon

Hey trishah could you email me it as well I couldn't get in to see my dietician for 5 weeks my email is jazziegirl1966@yahoo.com thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! EmptySun 13 May 2012, 10:01 pm

yah... he he heee... I believe the technical, medical term is "shart"
Back to top Go down
Jace68
Jace68

Female
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-09-26

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! EmptySun 13 May 2012, 9:38 pm

Sorry ...... but still laughing about the fart that went wrong!!!

Jace
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! EmptySun 13 May 2012, 1:38 pm

Hi Robbie, I sent you a couple of emails with dietician guidelines.
Back to top Go down
Trollbait
Trollbait

Female
Registration date : 2012-02-27

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! EmptySun 13 May 2012, 12:29 pm

robbie_rotten wrote:
Cheers Troll, how are you feeling mate?

So are you eating 6 times a day or just utilising the 1/2 cup of liquids every hour as enough of a meal?
[/quote]

I had my first day today on what I call 'solid' liquids, tea with milk instead of black and up & go etc and found 1/2 cup every hour pretty difficult. I intend to back it off to every couple of hours tomorrow and see if that helps. I guess I am pretty much going to go with what my tum is telling me.

I tried fairly liquid soup but couldn't get it down but I did manage a bit of drinking yogurt. I guess it is pretty much listen to what your body is telling you.

As I am still pretty new to it all I am feeling it out as I go so can't be much more help than that!
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! EmptySun 13 May 2012, 10:32 am

Val007 and XL2S were both sleeved by Greenslade and are in the March thread. If you send them a PM I know both would be happy to help you through these stages as both are the loveliest people I have met.
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! EmptySun 13 May 2012, 10:11 am

highly suggest u read april sleevers as most are just out

and even the previous months threads. Not all dieticians advise the same thing and usually is based on the patient and the general rule of thumb.

I dont have a dietician, this site helped me tremondously!
Back to top Go down
Trollbait
Trollbait

Female
Registration date : 2012-02-27

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! EmptySun 13 May 2012, 2:16 am

Hey Robbie, welcome to the world of tiny tums!

I was sleeved on 9 May and got out of hospital yesterday. According to pretty much everything I have read the rule of thumb is two weeks fluids (1/2 cup of liquid every hour or so - ie tea with milk, up & go, sustagen, juice (stay away from orange though, too acidic - you get the drift), followed by two weeks of soft foods and then start introducing more solids. Like being weaned all over again! Best advice I can give is sip, sip, sip!

There is a May group under the Sleevers Monthly folder if you want to drop in for a chat any time. There are several of us newly sleeved and sharing our progress.

You would be the only bloke there so far but we would love to have you.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! EmptySat 12 May 2012, 11:22 am

Congratulations Robbie! That's awesome, and it's really great to hear you feeling so positive.

I also have a dietician's guideline I can email you if you'd like to look at a few - just let me know.

Are you still in hospital? How are you feeling?
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! EmptySat 12 May 2012, 9:50 am

would you like someone to email you a dieticians guideline... I have one I can send you hon
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! EmptySat 12 May 2012, 9:47 am

Congratulations Robbie I was not allowed puree till the 2nd week then it was a 1/4 cup serve at a time but found that was way too much for me to get in and realistically it was more like an 1/8 of a cup.. but do what ever your doc says your limit is... stop before you get full! Teach yourself to feel when you have had enough to be satisfied and not enough to be full... now is the easiest and best time to learn your signals.

If you eat slowly and taste each mouthful and concentrate on your stomach its fairly easy to pick up "enough"
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! EmptySat 12 May 2012, 9:44 am

Congratulations on being sleeved.

Follow your dieticians guidelines.

I'm Sleeved!!!! 446871 I'm Sleeved!!!! 217555
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Sleeved!!!!   I'm Sleeved!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm Sleeved!!!!
Page 1 of 1