5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lavea
Lavea

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-05-09

THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME   THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME EmptySat 09 Jun 2012, 11:33 am

Strawberrychick wrote:
Congratulations Lavea, I'm really happy for you :)

Thank you sooo much, to top it off, I went to work to let my boss know I need to put holidays in for the 27 July, she told she couldnt give it to me,
she asked if i can make it earlier, so on the phone i got, and now my Sleeve Date is the 16th.

Thank you to all of you for your prayers, Support and encouragement.
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME   THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME EmptyFri 08 Jun 2012, 10:53 am

Congratulations Lavea, I'm really happy for you :)
Back to top Go down
Lavea
Lavea

Female

PostSubject: APPROVED   THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME EmptyFri 08 Jun 2012, 10:14 am

Its been APPROVED!!!!!

They were nice enough (Department of Human Services), to call me this afternoon to inform me that my Application for Early Release of my Super Fund was Approved,
so now my Sleeve Date is...

16th of JULY 2012 OMG,

Im more relieved and than anything, so now all i need to wait for now is for my Superfund to say yes and send me my cheque or money
Back to top Go down
Lavea
Lavea

Female

PostSubject: THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME   THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME EmptySun 13 May 2012, 12:31 pm

Oh Wow Melinda38!!!

Im getting nervous everytime I read these stories, well ive gotten everything ready but what seems to be delaying me from sending everything in to them is my Surgeon has not sent my letter off to me,(2 weeks in the waiting now) i started getting worried because the Surgeon wont book a date for my Surgery, they much prefer to wait to see if i get approved THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME 716201 so im like thinking.... Is them telling me they dont think I will get approved, so Im thinking might look into another Surgeon even if it means driving further out to see him,

pls keep me posted how u go its whats giving me hope.

im sitting at 101.kg, and scared of them saying no, im so stressed im eating just to help me not freak out, so i try keep myself busy ,THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME 356871

Thank you for sharing your story Melinda38 hopeing to hear from you soon with excellent news lol
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME   THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME EmptySun 13 May 2012, 8:15 am

I sent off my application after trying another approach. You normal get a letter stating they've received the application and if there is any added stuff they want and it may take 10days to get through. I didn't even get that letter. So I rang them. Nearly shit myself when I didn't come up on the computer. Anyway he finally found me and said my ID certification was out of date??grr. I used my marriage certificate that was certified from aug! Anyway sent in more ID - luckily the JP was on that day. So now I want another 10days:-( god it's killing me!
Back to top Go down
Lavea
Lavea

Female

PostSubject: THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME   THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME EmptyFri 11 May 2012, 12:03 pm

Good Luck MissHel

Keep me posted on how you go, thanks again for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
MissHel
Part of the furniture
MissHel

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2012-04-17

PostSubject: Re: THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME   THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME EmptyFri 11 May 2012, 11:22 am

Aww thanks hun!

I had to send in lots a stuff - here is what I remember:

The app form - obviously!
My last superannuation statement.
Letter from my GP (saying the words they needed).
Letter from my surgeon with quote and also saying the right words.
A quote from the hospital and a quote from my anaesthetist - including the medicare rebates I'd get back.
A letter from my health insurer saying they won't contribute.
My mortgage statement.
My personal loan statement.
A letter about a car accident we had which cost us our savings.
A stat dec explaining that we can't get any more credit or loans and explaining my health and the reasons for the urgency and also saying that we don't have any assets that we could sell for the op.

I think that was all - I'm hoping for an answer in the next week or so.
It will be such a relief if I can get this.

take care!
Back to top Go down
Lavea
Lavea

Female

PostSubject: THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME   THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME EmptyFri 11 May 2012, 11:13 am

May I also ADD I havent gotten the guts to book my surgery yet, im waiting to see if there is a glimmer of a YES...

then i will book in to see my surgeon to set a date lol.. at least you have a date lol.
Back to top Go down
Lavea
Lavea

Female

PostSubject: THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME   THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME EmptyFri 11 May 2012, 11:11 am

Hi MissHel

What info did they ask for, im thinking of going to get a statutory declaration, im still waiting for my doctor(surgeon) to send out the letter then I can send all the things off, I agree with you, the best stuff is not easy, I believe in prayer so i will say a prayer for the two of us, keep me updated on how yours is going.

Thank you for sharing you make me feel better lol.
Back to top Go down
MissHel
Part of the furniture
MissHel

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2012-04-17

PostSubject: Re: THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME   THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME EmptyFri 11 May 2012, 11:02 am

Hi Lavea - I'm in the same boat as you. I sent off my application for super release early last week and got a call on Wed about needing a bit more info. I was just ecstatic it wasn't a 'no'. So I still have hope.

So now I have a bit more of a wait - my surgery is in less than a month so I'm stressing a bit too!
Bah - the best stuff is never easy!

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Lavea
Lavea

Female

PostSubject: THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME   THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME EmptyFri 11 May 2012, 4:12 am

Thank you Jessied and Strawberry Chick THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME 362526

Im so feeling somewhat relieved just reading some of the stories on here, its amazing how much this forum has made me feel Normal!!!

I cant wait to share my Journey when I finally get Sleeved, Thank You Ladies for your supportive comforting words.

Love Lavea
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME   THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME EmptyFri 11 May 2012, 3:53 am

Hi Lavea and welcome to the forum! I completely relate to what you say - all I want is to be free from food controlling me as well. Best of luck with your application :)
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME   THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME EmptyFri 11 May 2012, 2:26 am

Hi Lavea
Welcome to a great site for information and support. Ask any questions, there is always someone to help out with an answer or idea. Hope all goes well with your applications. Keep in touch with us and let us know how your journey is going.
Jessied THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME 217555
Back to top Go down
Lavea
Lavea

Female

PostSubject: THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME   THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME EmptyFri 11 May 2012, 1:04 am

THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME 490917 This picture Literaly sums up my emotions right now,

Iam a mother of 5 my heaviest weight is 113kg, been through all the diets, even did it the right way, i started to obsess over exerciseing to the point where i injured my anckle, was told to rest it for 3 weeks but out of fear of putting the weight back on i only rested it for 3 days, did so much damage to it i cannot walk let alone run like i used to, being an emotional eater iam now basically back to where i started, i wanted to share this as to help someone out there going through similar circumstance,

So heres where the journey then begins, I had a friend who did the surgery, so i had thought about it for a while then decided after much research in to the Sleeve,and not to mention sitting my Husband of 18 years and children down and convincing them that I needed this surgery for me, Thank God they were Ok with it in the end(still worried but ok), I went into the journey of finding a Surgeon then found out my life insurance is not covered for it so i then looked into Early Release Superfund, to fund my surgery,

ive syched myself up so much for this surgery, i think im going to pass out, im still waiting on my Surgeon to send out the Letter and quote i need to send to Human Services so They can begin the Application process, which God only knows how long that will be meanwhile, Back problems and Anckle problems are getting worse because of the weight, ive got to stope this emotional eating , I just want to be free from this Demon of Food controlling me I want to eat to live not live to eat,

So there you are, I will keep you posted if anything new or God Willing my prayers are anwsered and I get a yes.Thanks for Listening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME   THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME Empty

Back to top Go down

THE WAITING FOR A REPLY IS KILLING ME
Page 1 of 1