chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

killing pain in my belly Empty
PostSubject: Re: killing pain in my belly   killing pain in my belly EmptyWed 06 Jul 2011, 8:30 am

Haven't heard that one, killerbabe, so thanks for the info.
But nacnic, I agree with Janette - CALL YOUR DOC.
Back to top Go down
killerbabe82
killerbabe82

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: killing pain in my belly   killing pain in my belly EmptyWed 06 Jul 2011, 6:05 am

hi there i had a auful pain in my left side which started about 5 days post op and lasted about 6 days, i saw my surgon who told me that it wasnt just the gas pain that when they cut off the stomach there are 2 blood vessels that attach to the spleen, one small one up top and one big one in middle, he said when they sew up the new tummy they attached the big blood vessel but dont attach the small one and some people have pain from that, its something to do with the spleen and that blood vessel dying off or something and usually lasts less than a week. however if you develp a temp then it could be a pin head leak so make sure you keep a eye on it:) hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: killing pain in my belly   killing pain in my belly EmptyWed 06 Jul 2011, 6:03 am

Yes I would contact your surgeon immediately.

killing pain in my belly 217555
Back to top Go down
nacnic
nacnic

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: killing pain in my belly   killing pain in my belly EmptyWed 06 Jul 2011, 5:23 am

Hi everyone,
I've survived from op. The first two days I felt a lot of gas in my tummy and it was very bad. But I tried to be patient and walked around to help the gas release. Now I can drink easily .Take my medicines, but the major problem is that after 4 days whenever I stand up or move or try to walk I have a killing pain in my left side, in my stomach. It seems like when I stand up my stomach is dangling from a hook and there is nothing to support it. I should hold my belly with my hand and make a support for my stomach to ease the pain. So moving is horrible for me.As long as I'm sitting down or lying everything is OK.The killing pain starts the very moment I try to move.Any advice please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: killing pain in my belly   killing pain in my belly Empty

Back to top Go down

killing pain in my belly
Page 1 of 1