AuthorMessage
snowbunny
Part of the furniture
snowbunny

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Did your surgeon ever weigh you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did your surgeon ever weigh you?   Did your surgeon ever weigh you? EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 2:06 pm

I get weighed at the Surgeon Appointments and by my Dietician. If they do not ask, I offer to jump on the scales. It is nice to see the numbers come down.
Back to top Go down
mammabear25
Part of the furniture
mammabear25

Female
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Did your surgeon ever weigh you?   Did your surgeon ever weigh you? EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 1:57 pm

I was weighed at my first appointment, then again at my dieticans appointment, then again day of surgery, and Ive been weighed every 3 months since my operation. He has taken my start weight the day of my first appointment but I have taken the day of surgery as my starting weight.

And he has not once told me what he expects me to lose, which is a relief cause even if i got to my BMI healthy range I would have to be 63kg-68kg and I dont think I would like to be that skinny, my goal is 70kg and thats 5kg to go.....
Back to top Go down
mackie
mackie

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Did your surgeon ever weigh you?   Did your surgeon ever weigh you? EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 12:53 am

Yes i was weighed by surgeon at initial consult and by the hospital on day of admission and the dietitian.
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Did your surgeon ever weigh you?   Did your surgeon ever weigh you? EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012, 11:50 pm

The surgeons receptionist weighs everyone before there appointments and passes the post it to the doctor. She enters the weight into a data base of some sort too and the track the weight loss.
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Did your surgeon ever weigh you?   Did your surgeon ever weigh you? EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012, 12:12 pm

surgeon weighed me on the first meet - not the second meet that was to book the surgery

never got weighed at hospital cos their scales didnt go that high - what a stupid thing - my home scales manage just fine!

and first appt after surgery surgeon weighed me and prob will on thursday too

how else they gonna see how things are going

no measurements though - shame bout that
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Did your surgeon ever weigh you?   Did your surgeon ever weigh you? EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012, 9:11 am

Every vist to the oclinic i get weighed before i see Dr Taylor,they have the scales at the front desk,no one gets seeing your weight.
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Did your surgeon ever weigh you?   Did your surgeon ever weigh you? EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012, 8:41 am

I got weighed at every appt before surgery (plus measured) and then at the first post op check... then I had to ask to be weighed in afterwards to prove what a clever-goodie-goodie-sleever I was. It is reassuring because sometimes I think I am tricking myself at home with my scales and that I haven't really lost 30-odd kgs!

Just pipe up and ask, no question is a stupid question where the sleeve is concerned. I agree with J - you have to be honest with yourself first and foremost (c: Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Did your surgeon ever weigh you?   Did your surgeon ever weigh you? EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012, 1:55 am

Hi Nessa
I was weighed at every appointment and on the day of surgery - I guess that's to do with anaesthetic to body weight ratio?
I continue to be wieghed at each post operative appointment both by the surgeon and the dietician.
:) Pippa
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Did your surgeon ever weigh you?   Did your surgeon ever weigh you? EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012, 12:50 am

I was weighed at all my pre-op consults with my surgeon. The only one I wasn't was the physician check up. I also wasn't weighed on the day of my surgery they just asked me, you're only cheating yourself if you aren't honest with them.

Plus I'd had to tell them the wrong weight and then be given a different dose of anesthesia.. :/

But I agree with you.. it is strange.

Back to top Go down
Ginka
Part of the furniture
Ginka

Female
Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Did your surgeon ever weigh you?   Did your surgeon ever weigh you? EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012, 12:43 am

Hi Nessa

My surgeon weighed me at my intitial consult that happended to be 9 days before my surgery (he had a cancellation), and I went on Opti for those 9 days. I did get weighed in hospital but I think that was for the anaesthesiologist. I asked for a Pre-op and do not remember seeing the Surgeon until I was in surgery.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2012-02-14

PostSubject: Did your surgeon ever weigh you?   Did your surgeon ever weigh you? EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012, 12:32 am

I found it strange that the surgeon has never weighed me during the consults, only asking me what I weighed.

I have seen the dietician and nurse co-ordinator, so maybe he might go by their weights?

As for pre surgery weights etc, they'll just have to take my word for it. If I were to be dishonest, I could say I did the 2 weeks of Optifast and yet not.

Do you get weighed on the day of surgery?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did your surgeon ever weigh you?   Did your surgeon ever weigh you? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did your surgeon ever weigh you?
Page 1 of 1