AuthorMessage
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

How often do you weigh yourself? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How often do you weigh yourself?   How often do you weigh yourself? EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 4:40 am

I used to be once a week or fortnight.. I enjoyed seeing the 5-6kg at a time going.

But now it's like I've become obsessed with weighing myself, even though I don't really care about the number I do it every morning.

Need to remove the batteries.

Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: How often do you weigh yourself?   How often do you weigh yourself? EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 4:28 am

Girlfriend ... ..I weigh myself everymorning ........i sometimes put on a few grames but than it goes away the next day .........

Love my Sleeve ..... looking forward to reaching the 80's mark ...........
Back to top Go down
Luissa
Luissa

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: How often do you weigh yourself?   How often do you weigh yourself? EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 5:39 am

Bellshell wrote:
I check my weight everyday. I like seeing the numbers go down. If I put on a couple of hundred grams I just try and learn from the day before so I know what to do differently next time. I cant wait till the scale lights up with my goal figure, but I knewthis journey would be a marathon not a sprint.

Hi I'm new to this forum, hope I'm posting right.

I try not to check my weight more than once a week just to make sure I'm still on track.

Although in the last few weeks I have been checking more often. I was sleeved in March this year and am still on puree foods in very small amounts so the weight has been coming off so I've been getting on the scale every few days as it's exciting to see the scale going down.
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: How often do you weigh yourself?   How often do you weigh yourself? EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 5:27 am

I check my weight everyday. I like seeing the numbers go down. If I put on a couple of hundred grams I just try and learn from the day before so I know what to do differently next time. I cant wait till the scale lights up with my goal figure, but I knewthis journey would be a marathon not a sprint.
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: How often do you weigh yourself?   How often do you weigh yourself? EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 9:32 am

I still hop on the scales every morning while the shower is warming up. I'm not too fussy about the number on a day to day basis though, cos I have stopped losing weight now so I just keep an eye on the bounce and make sure it doesn't go up beyond 79. Every once in a while I see a number lower than I have ever seen and get happy (the latest was 77.9) but it doesn't stick around for long.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: How often do you weigh yourself?   How often do you weigh yourself? EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 6:39 am

Once every 2 weeks, then a week later.

Sounds a bit strange, buti work away & do a 2 & 1 roster... So I weigh myself when I got home after 2 weeks away, then I weigh myself a week later just before I go back to work.
Back to top Go down
ozrick33
Part of the furniture
ozrick33

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: How often do you weigh yourself?   How often do you weigh yourself? EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 5:17 am

At the moment I am checking everyday, which I know is silly, but jsut a bit anxious in these early days to stay on top of it all. Hopefully I will relax soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sydneyinsurancebroker.com.au
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2012-01-08

PostSubject: Re: How often do you weigh yourself?   How often do you weigh yourself? EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 2:51 pm

I started only having my dietician or Surgeon way me so one a month now every 2 weeks I do it myself.
Back to top Go down
Myselforsomeonelikeme
Myselforsomeonelikeme

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-03-29

PostSubject: Re: How often do you weigh yourself?   How often do you weigh yourself? EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 4:23 am

I think its different for everyone and what works for them.

There is no ill side effect for weighing daily if it is what works for you.

I think so long as you realise how your body works, and that the number on the scale is not made up just of fat it is quite ok to do it more regularly.

If however you stress about putting on, or not losing every day and see it as a personal reflection fo what you have done, then probably weighing every day isnt such a good thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BiscuitBupkis
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: How often do you weigh yourself?   How often do you weigh yourself? EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 4:16 am

You should only weigh yourself once a week, but for some of us, it very hard to stay away from the scales!!
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2012-02-14

PostSubject: Re: How often do you weigh yourself?   How often do you weigh yourself? EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 3:42 am

Yay! We'll be in it together :)
Back to top Go down
Myselforsomeonelikeme
Myselforsomeonelikeme

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-03-29

PostSubject: Re: How often do you weigh yourself?   How often do you weigh yourself? EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 3:00 am

every day when i jump on the wii fit :) I always make sure to look at my BMI and actual weight too. And also go into the weight charting graph to see the 'general trend' and last time i was this weight :)

PS. We both have the same surgery date!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BiscuitBupkis
Nessa
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2012-02-14

PostSubject: How often do you weigh yourself?   How often do you weigh yourself? EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 2:33 am

As per topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How often do you weigh yourself?   How often do you weigh yourself? Empty

Back to top Go down

How often do you weigh yourself?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: