10 posters
AuthorMessage
feathers
feathers

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-01-11

Eating is painful. Still. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating is painful. Still.   Eating is painful. Still. EmptySat 26 Jan 2013, 4:13 am

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum, my doctor directed me here as my band has failed and I'm going to get it out in a couple of weeks.

I must say that I'm finding this the scariest discussion of all. It pretty much describes life with my band. Without warning I will suddenly realise that I have eaten too much (and it may only have been 2 spoonfuls, or I might get this feeling half an hour later). Then I get the salivation and I know she's all going to come back up again. This particularly happens after fish and vegetables (my absolute favourite) or chicken and veggies. I have become afraid to eat veggies.

Sometimes I feel as if I have eaten razor blades and I take pain killers but still lie in bed awake and squirming for half the night.

Now, the band is going to come out and I'll have a sleeve in a few months, but if it's just going to mean more of the same, then I don't want this.

Did any of you have bands, and have these symptoms with bands?

Has this pain and discomfort gone away now?

What have your doctors said?
Back to top Go down
Wendi2410

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Eating is painful. Still.   Eating is painful. Still. EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 9:24 am

Eating is painful. Still. 369315 Hi all fellow sleevers having trouble eating,

Firstly just want to thank all of you...

I had my sleeve on 24/10/11 and its been life changing for me..

but the pain I still get after 7 plus months is crazy. I experience all and above what you have all listed, its helps me to know am not alone and some sleevers are travelling the same path as me..

Thank you all again and we will just keep doning what we are doing

Kind Regards

wendi2410
Back to top Go down
not as tubbie39
not as tubbie39

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Eating is painful. Still.   Eating is painful. Still. EmptyTue 05 Jun 2012, 12:29 am

Hi, i am almost at 2 years out, and my surgeon told me that after 12months, the sleeve'relaxes' a bit and that should stop. For me, its never relaxed, and yes bread and stuff still gets stuck, causes horrible pain and saliva build ups, and vomiting. I cant eat quicker than a snail, cant eat one extra teaspoon of food and definitely meats need to be cut small, or they get stuck. Hopefully for you, it will relax, but i never attempted bread for a long time. My first dinner after soft food was fish in white sauce. It got stuck and I was soo loooking forward to eating normal food i was devastated. I actually wrote on here 'what have i done'. I cant say i love food anymore, and honestly dread having the main meal wondering if today s one of those days it wont go down and stay down.

My surgeon is considering a bypass for Good luck, and for your sake, i hope ur restriction relaxes a little in time.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Eating is painful. Still.   Eating is painful. Still. EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 10:12 am

I am the exact same as Kate - everything she has written below, describes me down to a T.

Don't eat any of those things either as they make me ill and give me horrendous pain. Every now & again I get pain eating, more so from over eating, or eating too fast.

As everyone else has said - call your surgeon or schedule an appt with him & get it checked to be on the safe side.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Eating is painful. Still.   Eating is painful. Still. EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 9:56 am

I am over 7 months out and sometimes still get pain when I eat. I can't eat anything oily it makes my tummy feel yuck and I just don't eat bread, pasta, potato and very very rarely have some rice. It may be something that you are eating rather than the quantity or speed you are eating at. I would definitely call your surgeon and/or dietician and have a chat. Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Kate
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Eating is painful. Still.   Eating is painful. Still. EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 9:21 am

Yeah I agree. Cant be any harm in calling and just getting things checked out.

Best wishes xoxo
Back to top Go down
Suzie

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Eating is painful. Still.   Eating is painful. Still. EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 8:38 am

Hi,
I am with the others and suggest you ring your doctor. Could it be reflux???? I had terrible reflux for the first year. It was not so much my tummy that hurt but my back and chest hurt a lot.
Good luck with investigations.
Suzie
Back to top Go down
BFSCOTT
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Eating is painful. Still.   Eating is painful. Still. EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 8:20 am

G'day Kell,

I'm with Cherryripe on this, give the Doc a call and just let him know about it and see what he has to say.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
CherryRipe
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2012-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Eating is painful. Still.   Eating is painful. Still. EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 7:59 am

Call your surgeon. It is probably completely normal and may be something you just need to tweak a little. My surgeon's off-sider told me bread was out for twelve months - and I LOVE bread. I'm only a few days out, but I would ring your doc just to be sure!
C
Back to top Go down
Kell
Kell

Female
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2011-09-22

PostSubject: Eating is painful. Still.   Eating is painful. Still. EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 7:47 am

I am 4 months post op. I am still having trouble eating. I don't THINK it's all eating too fast/too much... that was an issue but it's more than that. It hurts to eat. Sometimes even liquids hurt my poor tum. I wondered if things need stretching but its not an every time occurrence. Someone else told me it's relatively normal - even 4m out - and will settle in time. I vomit I'd say a couple times a week. Sometimes from overeating, sometimes just... because?

I get that cringe worthy discomfort pain - I can't really eat anything too heavy (breads) or too sharp (pita crisps). I'm not sure what to do. I don't know if it's just me not getting eating right or something else :(

I am getting to a point where I dread eating because I am so anxious about the pain that is likely to result. IS it normal? Should I be calling my surgeon? Will it settle? Anyone experienced anything similar?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eating is painful. Still.   Eating is painful. Still. Empty

Back to top Go down

Eating is painful. Still.
Page 1 of 1