3 posters
AuthorMessage
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

Hiccups ... Frequent and painful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiccups ... Frequent and painful   Hiccups ... Frequent and painful EmptySun 02 Jun 2013, 1:31 pm

Hi water can be a contributing factor hiccups,many cant tolerate water after the op for several reasons and water is one of them.i avoid it as I just can't handle the taste or lack of any more,I have a good quality juice which I dilute down and my stomach is so much better for it.may be substitute that water for something else,it won't matter what as long as you keep up your fluid intake so you don't de hydrate.
Back to top Go down
Bailey1275

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2013-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Hiccups ... Frequent and painful   Hiccups ... Frequent and painful EmptySun 02 Jun 2013, 12:36 pm

I am having them all the time - before, after, during meals ... even when I am sleeping. I am still having just liquids only - mainly optifast (and protein powder), soups and water. I am sipping water constantly just to get through about 600ml of water a day.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Hiccups ... Frequent and painful   Hiccups ... Frequent and painful EmptySun 02 Jun 2013, 12:14 pm

Bailey,

When are you getting them ?
After eating ?
After drinking?

Cheers,
Tara
Back to top Go down
Bailey1275

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2013-02-22

PostSubject: Hiccups ... Frequent and painful   Hiccups ... Frequent and painful EmptySun 02 Jun 2013, 11:54 am

Since surgery on the 13th of May ... I have been getting hiccups. Basically it hurts my new tummy ... and ideas on how to stop them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiccups ... Frequent and painful   Hiccups ... Frequent and painful Empty

Back to top Go down

Hiccups ... Frequent and painful
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: