AuthorMessage
cocosnuts
Part of the furniture
cocosnuts

Female
Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2011-08-10

Cost of Gastric Sleeve in Adelaide no PHI  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cost of Gastric Sleeve in Adelaide no PHI    Cost of Gastric Sleeve in Adelaide no PHI  EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013, 9:22 am

Hi!
I had a gastric bypass private patient public hospital with dr justin bessell who is amazing. Bed side manner is fabulous! Once I decided this was the route for me (after 2 years on the public waitin list with dr game) it was july and I was in for surgery october so was less than 3 months wait. It cost me $2250 surveons fee, $300 anaethatist fee and $4000 hospital fees because I had complications its usually about half that.
Back to top Go down
http://chloereed.blogspot.com/
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Gastric Sleeve in Adelaide no PHI    Cost of Gastric Sleeve in Adelaide no PHI  EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 12:03 pm

I rng about this and was told just for the surgery 15k+, then needed to add hospital stay (would need to ring hospital for this). Also, if there are complications and you need to stay in hospital longer it could end up costing a hell of alot more. remembering that the surgery is done in a private hospital so you'd be lucky to get any medicare coverage (not sure of this).

I decided best to up my insurance and wait the 12mths. this allowed me time to do more research, talk to sleevers etc. also is helping me with my mindset and I have started to try and lose weight prior to surgery (managed 8.7 kg since mid-dec, might not sound like alot but I am not gaining so thats good). I personally want to teach myself portion control, what triggers my eating, what stops me exercising etc. (at the moment the shit is hitting the fan and making one hell of a mess, thats another story).
Back to top Go down
Ginka
Part of the furniture
Ginka

Female
Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Gastric Sleeve in Adelaide no PHI    Cost of Gastric Sleeve in Adelaide no PHI  EmptySat 31 Mar 2012, 11:42 am

Hi CyberGurl

I had PHI and it cost me $2000 for the surgeon and around $80 for his first visit after medicare rebate. Because I was done on a Friday, the anaesth. did not cost me anything (no gap payment). I went with Mr D'Onofrio who has been fab and has had really fantastic referals.

Other threads I have seen here on this site quote between $10,000 - $15,000 total fees. I would ring the surgeon's office to get an estimate of costs without PHI.

BTW - I grew up in Parafield Gardens. We have a Adelaide Sleeve Get together on the 14th April which you are welcome to come to, both pre and post sleevers will be coming along. Further info is here, just rsvp within it's thread. http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t8555-an-adelaide-meet-up#206929
Back to top Go down
Myselforsomeonelikeme
Myselforsomeonelikeme

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Gastric Sleeve in Adelaide no PHI    Cost of Gastric Sleeve in Adelaide no PHI  EmptyThu 29 Mar 2012, 3:18 pm

I couldnt find anyone in adelaide who would do it without PHI. So i took it out and waited the year and will now get it done for under $2500. So... even with the PHI costs, it isn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BiscuitBupkis
cyber.gurl

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-03-17

PostSubject: Cost of Gastric Sleeve in Adelaide no PHI    Cost of Gastric Sleeve in Adelaide no PHI  EmptySat 17 Mar 2012, 11:03 am

Just wondering if anyone knows how much it costs for GS in Adelaide, i dont have PHI, im thinking about accessing my super, we are in the process of selling our home and may use the funds from that to fund the surgery.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Gastric Sleeve in Adelaide no PHI    Cost of Gastric Sleeve in Adelaide no PHI  Empty

Back to top Go down

Cost of Gastric Sleeve in Adelaide no PHI
Page 1 of 1