AuthorMessage
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

New from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Sydney   New from Sydney EmptyWed 21 Mar 2012, 11:34 pm

Hi Mummaof6 and welcome to the forum. Its a great site. I had my sleeve done on the 2nd Feb and haven't looked back. I am also learning a lot about my eating habits too. For once I feel in control! Best wishes on your journey.

Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

New from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Sydney   New from Sydney EmptyWed 21 Mar 2012, 1:35 pm

Ozrick I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It's never easy and it doesn't matter what anyone says it won't make you feel any better. My hubby and I have always been very honest, direct and up front with each other as well. No one knows your wife better than you do and if both of you are comfortable with your surgery going ahead as planned then go for it. It's not like she can't see you or talk to you while you are in hospital. Good luck with everything, you are in my thoughts.

Kate
Back to top Go down

New from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Sydney   New from Sydney EmptyTue 20 Mar 2012, 10:01 pm

I guess different people different ideas.

I am very forthright .. very honest and lay it out like it is and when my husband asked if he should go I said yes go...it wasnt till he left I felt desolate... I cant explain but it was all consuming.

Anyway I have never felt so abandoned in the 28 years of marriage and I regret thinking I was stronger than I was at the time.. because now for some unknown reason I resent that he was so selfish about work and didnt fight me on the decision and stay with me... I simply felt white cold with greif....and suddenly alone.

But that was me.. I wish you good luck and send you many blessings and sympathies for the passing of your father in law...from one child to another on the loss of a parent I wish your wife an easy passage of her greiving process..

All the best Trish
Back to top Go down
ozrick33
Part of the furniture
ozrick33

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2012-03-12

New from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Sydney   New from Sydney EmptyTue 20 Mar 2012, 9:54 pm

Unfortunately I cannot reschedule for a number of reasons. I talked with my wife extensively about it and offered to postpone but she wants to stick with the plan. I think she sees it as a bit of a welcome distraction from the hard period of waiting for the funeral. If it was not possible for me to attend the funeral then it would be a cancellation for sure. I know often people don't say what they are really thinking or feeling but my wife is quite different in that regard. Over the 26years of marriage we have always been open and up front with each other. It is just very sad timing indeed.

trishah wrote:
can you not post pone for two weeks so you can support your wife through this period.. it will be hitting her hard even if she isnt saying so and dealing with that plus you going into hospital prior to the funeral would be very difficult for her emotionally...I speak from experience and have never quite forgiven my husband for leaving for 3 days prior to my mothers funeral for work.. he left me when I was broken.

Personally two more weeks wouldnt be to hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.sydneyinsurancebroker.com.au

New from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Sydney   New from Sydney EmptyTue 20 Mar 2012, 9:48 pm

can you not post pone for two weeks so you can support your wife through this period.. it will be hitting her hard even if she isnt saying so and dealing with that plus you going into hospital prior to the funeral would be very difficult for her emotionally...I speak from experience and have never quite forgiven my husband for leaving for 3 days prior to my mothers funeral for work even though he made it back in time to stand beside me in the church to see her buried.. he left me when I was broken and needed him the most.

Personally two more weeks wouldnt be to hard

Last edited by trishah on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ozrick33
Part of the furniture
ozrick33

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2012-03-12

New from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Sydney   New from Sydney EmptyTue 20 Mar 2012, 9:31 pm

Three days till the surgery. Yesterday my Father-in-law collapsed and despite the best effort of four paramedics he did not survive. This raises the issue of whether I cancel my surgery. Becuase there will be so many people coming to his funeral and many of these will be from interstate and overseas we have held the funeral back until Monday. Dr Taylor has graciously said I can get discharged a day earlier than normal so I can attend the funeral. The main reason I am going ahead with it is my Father-in-law saying, on many occasions, how proud he was of me for getting the surgery. I feel like I will be honouring him by staying on track. Heavy days!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sydneyinsurancebroker.com.au
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

New from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Sydney   New from Sydney EmptySat 17 Mar 2012, 10:22 am

Hi Mummaof6 and welcome to the site. There is loads of info here that I'm sure will help you make the right decision for you. For me personally, I love my sleeve and don't regret for one millisecond ever having it done. Everyone has their own experiences and opinions, that's what makes this site so great. Maybe read some diaries to get an idea of different views and I'm pretty sure there's a few threads on bypass surgery as well. If you can't find what you are looking for just ask and someone will be able to answer your questions. Good luck.

Kate
Back to top Go down

New from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Sydney   New from Sydney EmptySat 17 Mar 2012, 2:43 am

Welcome to this awesom site.. you will find a ton of support and make some great friends.
Back to top Go down
Mummaof6
Mummaof6

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-03-17

New from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: New from Sydney   New from Sydney EmptySat 17 Mar 2012, 2:36 am

Hi, Ive just come across this site from a post on facebook. Im still pre-op waiting for health fund to kick on over and save for the out of pocket expenses. I started my journey hoping for a gastric bypass, and over the past few days am more leaning towards the gastric sleeve.

Ive had one appt with Dr Michael Talbots office and have another scheduled in a few weeks...

Hoping to learn more about this procedure before taking the leap and jumping in...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Sydney   New from Sydney Empty

Back to top Go down

New from Sydney
Page 1 of 1