Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 12:10 am

wow what was the retreat like, what kinda foods etc were u allowed to have?

did that incorp exercise, yoga, meditation etc? how the heck did u find 6 weeks out of your life - you lucky thing!!.

but as peeps have said to me, your mind set is in the right place. so i think urs is also so there is no reason we both wont achieve.

so what height are u babe?
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 1:11 pm

I think it's perfectly fair that you keep whatever pic you want. Do what makes you happy :)

I've only lost that much because I just spent 6 weeks at the weight loss retreat - but I feel really good that I am so much fitter as well as a bit lighter before I go into surgery - I'm scared silly at the thought of the surgery really.

Re the shakes, I'm just having one or two Tony Ferguson shakes a day as well as one or two light meals, so I don't really mind it. It's only for 8 days after all!

How's your recovery going?
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 12:56 pm

strawb - i love a weight loss buddy~~!!

but u have lost as much before ur sleeve as i have done after it.. but its all great. Its always good to have people that are on the same wavelength mentally as well as bodily lol

i must go update my diary i guess... and my dear friend tinyteddy keeps telling me i should change my profile pic - lol i want just that and the final one - think that be fair lol?

well other half took a pic or two at the park yesterday so maybe i can use that one as my 20kg mark...

hows ur opti goin?
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 11:06 am

I'll be in on that long term shopping plan!

And Angel, I just noticed that you and I have practically identical amounts of weight to lose! Wanna be my weight loss buddy? :)
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 8:51 am

Gretchen

ur doing so great, i cant WAIT till i have a size 18 dress (still in 26 but at least they fit nicely now not tearing at the seems)

Strawb - wow would have loved to have gone to a retreat for a few days and started that way - glad i didnt do it after - its nice to learn what i can and cant have on my own.

Lana is gonna suss out a place we can all go to once we are at our goals! and party down and shop and well get spoiled - long term plan but a good one!! i am a determined sole lol
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 8:31 am

Lol, couldn't agree with you more on the name Optiarse. I've had a few Tony Ferguson shakes and other than that just trying to stay low cal. Lost a fair bit of weight in the last 6 weeks at a weight loss retreat instead of doing the Optiarse so feel relatively well prepared for surgery, physically speaking...I think! I hope so anyway. I'll probably stick mostly to shakes in the next week or so, out of fear that the surgeon won't be able to reach past a big fat liver! God now I've scared myself with the thought that I'll be sent home from hospital sleeve-less...

Fingers crossed for me and a nice svelte liver!
Back to top Go down
curvylana
Part of the furniture
curvylana

Female
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 1:33 am

Thanks Doll, I have my own diary now called Curvy lana and her random brain farts, feel free to have a read.

Nervous, No. I have done soo much research and read sooo many peoples stories that I'm just very excited and kinda bored waiting for my new life to start.. :D

Congrats on your date and time, its only 8 days away, hows the optiarse treating you?

:D

and xx Lana

Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 1:38 pm

Hah curvylana you have such a way with words, your posts make me cackle.

Best of luck with your surgery - any nerves? I'm a newbie too and my op is on April 16th - eek!!

All the best :)
Back to top Go down
Gretchen
Part of the furniture
Gretchen

Female
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012, 8:03 am

@Angelmystique - you're exactly right!! haha it is a bit of an inbetween size which makes it a bit frustrating =[ I am rather limited on clothes at the moment because the only clothes i reall want are either too small or too big.. who would have ever thought I'd be complaining about clothes being too big??? hahaha

I'll be 19 in June (a young one haha) It's super exciting when the date gets closer and closer!! know exactly how you feel ^__~ So jealous though!! wish i could head off to Thailand and get some new clothes =]
I had a surgeon in Toowoomba (if you want his name i can PM you ^^)
I fit into size 16 pants from a 20 and a size 18 (in the small range, not the 18 in large yay!) top from a 22. it also depends though on what it is im trying on.. I tried on a really nice dress today and it was a size 16 (fit perfectly) and i do have a few size 16 tops but also some pants i still have to get size 18 but if that's the case i don't buy them hahaha i refuse to buy size 18 in pants now :P
I'm so excited for you!! getting new clothes is one of the most exciting parts!! especially when you can throw away all the old baggy stuff =]
Gretchen.
Back to top Go down
curvylana
Part of the furniture
curvylana

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 11:43 pm

mammabear, my sleeve date is the 16th May, I just gotta go make sure I am covered through my mbf policy and start saving the dosh.. well i have some, but not it all..:(
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 11:39 pm

Lana

fair question - what sizes dropped does 20kg get ya lol

i bet its an in between size lol
Back to top Go down
curvylana
Part of the furniture
curvylana

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 11:35 pm

Hi Sugar, who was your dr and how old are you in June, we are pretty much the same starting weight and I just can NOT wait to get ths ball on the roll but I gotta wait til i get back from thailand. Cheeky question but what size does a 20 kg weight loss put ya in,... I just wanna get it on the go now and patience is NOT my best quality, in fat i have NONE. xx Lana
Back to top Go down
Gretchen
Part of the furniture
Gretchen

Female
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 9:55 pm

Hi Curvylana!!
I'm also from QLD and was sleeved 1st december last year =]
It's a fantastic experience and I can't wait to hear about your journey!!
Hope you start your diary soon and enjoy your trip!
Gretchen.
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptyThu 08 Mar 2012, 11:14 am

lol yes took me ages to find how to do the ticker lol
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptyThu 08 Mar 2012, 11:14 am

lol yes took me ages to find how to do the ticker lol
Back to top Go down
curvylana
Part of the furniture
curvylana

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptyThu 08 Mar 2012, 3:18 am

I've learnt not to put the front half of my sentence in the post title bit... lol

that picy was taken today, was telling someone about my skin and thought, i'll just shove a picy up there..:D

Bells spit shined and waiting.. te hehehehe
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptyThu 08 Mar 2012, 3:15 am

lol Lana i think i was tired when i wrote that

wow look at your - very nice pic.

ouch re your leg - hope that its all healed now.

lol time to bring the bell out of retirement
Back to top Go down
curvylana
Part of the furniture
curvylana

Female

PostSubject: I just loook at them like   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptyWed 07 Mar 2012, 10:44 am

what ARE you talking about? I know i do have a very pronounced tum, but as i said, unless i see a baby crowning , I will never be one to ask that question...

Boys suck and i find unless we tell them exactly what we need and almost a map on where to find what we need and then a map back, they claim ignorance that they just didn't get us. Half the time i actually believe the poor dull souls, lol.

I have just broke my leg in oct and was on 8 wks bedrest so he did get a prelude into how to do everything for me.. it was marvellous.... I bought a bell ( jokes- I was given one)
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptyWed 07 Mar 2012, 10:19 am

Lana

lol they certainly do lol

what? pregnant gawd - i guess i am so big they know i am nto pregnant...

i hope u said - about the same time as yours i would expect lol

they cant say but i am not pregnant - uh huh now watch their light bulb click
Back to top Go down
curvylana
Part of the furniture
curvylana

Female

PostSubject: Hi angel   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptyWed 07 Mar 2012, 4:50 am

If all else fails, chant this mantra "boys suck".. lol. How shallow is that but if we have everything for everyone else all our lives, they are not at all fabulous when we decide and choose to finaly put ourselves first.

I can cheer you up, i got asked when i was due again today... its happening almost weekly now. :(
Lol
Lana
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptyWed 07 Mar 2012, 4:06 am

Lana

so glad you have ur appointment booked, time will fly. Yes enjoy your rest and break, you deserve it :)

I am doing ok - started driving again, which is good but cant over do it.

Went to dr yesterday for all clear back to work - half days at the moment. As a contractor i need income. Sitting at a desk shouldnt be that hard really lol.

My friend made me some yummy soup but its quite thick, i think i will freeze and save for mushy stage lol, as was hard to get 1/4 cup down. Didnt lose weight today, but 5 kg this week, so ok with that.

things are a bit hard at home, not getting support i had hoped for so feeling a bit flat. But i suppose if you dont do it yaself it wont get done right
Back to top Go down
curvylana
Part of the furniture
curvylana

Female

PostSubject: WAHOOOO   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptyWed 07 Mar 2012, 12:14 am

intial appt booked now for wed and sleeve date is currently the 16th may this year.. I am STOKED.
Can't wait!

and a great time to sleep, rest, massage and sho[p in the middle with our time overseas.. Loving it!

Angel, how are you doing?
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptySun 04 Mar 2012, 11:58 pm

Lana

Sounds like you have a very supportive partner - and yes I would leave my shopping spree to when u can try them on! omg your skinny friends? sweety they are friends only if they support you and are there for you now during AND after - who on earth would say stupid shit like ur face will be saggy!... I am sorry but the face has the LEAST amount of fat on there!

I have a friend who is a model (yes a real paid one) and she is SUPERB person, her support and love for me no matter what is amazing, she doesnt make me feel big or anything than who i am on the inside. she has her own issues (skin condition) so she knows that there is no such thing as perfection.

Be happy on the inside, enjoy your life and where your headed adn we look forward to seeing pics of your holidays (mm thought here - FB page for sleevers to share pics etc?)

andyes those ticker things are tricky lol
Back to top Go down
Hey Lady
Hey Lady

Female
Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2012-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptySun 04 Mar 2012, 4:08 am

Lana re your trip, do you need anyone to carry your bags, just putting the offer out there. The trip sounds awesome. Have a great time!

secondly as far lose skin on your face, you probably wont even notice the difference coz you will be SMILING Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld 65317 Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld 120705 so much with happiness about the brave choice you have made to change your life that there will not be lose skin to be seen.
Back to top Go down
curvylana
Part of the furniture
curvylana

Female

PostSubject: I DO have alot to ask more so than say   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld EmptySun 04 Mar 2012, 4:01 am

but alot of silly things on my mind and things I really look forward to doing like throwing away my SPANX and control top knickers!! I speak thai and end up there about once a year but this year i am the heaviest I have ever been and it seemed a bit daunting for me, however after a big long convo with husband today, we have decided to forgo going to wear i know i can buy plus sized clothing over there and enjoy buying smaller things in my treasure chest for after the sleeve. With high Heel shoes!!! Feel like i've put most of the things I enjoy on hold and it feels like I've got hope and deteremination now that this sleeve is definately in the cards.

We have decided bout the trip to eat, drink, be massaged to the edge of our being, island hop and generally make this trip relaxing and quiet rather than a shopping hectic fest. I can get to go back and do all that when i FIT more stuff, te hehehhee. Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld 314562

Thought about all the things skinny people said to me about what would happen when i got skinny last night, like i would get all wrinkly when i lost the fat out of my face.. guess I'll just have to wait and see. Hope yoiur all having a wonderful sunday and I'll be sure to keep you up to date with when my appt is to get sleeved and do one of those ticker thingymebobs.:D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld   Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld Empty

Back to top Go down

Another fresh fresh newbie from Qld
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: