8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sanj
Sanj

Female
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-01-11

Stitch pain 5 weeks post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain 5 weeks post op   Stitch pain 5 weeks post op EmptyFri 10 Feb 2012, 6:01 am

I just spoke to my surgeon today about the 'stitch' pain just under the left breast bone, he said its bruising from the entry point (which he called port) for the camera and tools used in surgery.. the discomfort will continue till the bruising/tummy heals. I'm only 11 days post so a long way to go for me!
Back to top Go down
mamaraptor
Part of the furniture
mamaraptor

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2011-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain 5 weeks post op   Stitch pain 5 weeks post op EmptyTue 31 Jan 2012, 8:36 am

Thank you Rose!! I'm hoping mine says the same!!! Luv ya girl xx
Back to top Go down
Rosencrantz
Rosencrantz

Female
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain 5 weeks post op   Stitch pain 5 weeks post op EmptyTue 31 Jan 2012, 3:51 am

Hey Mamaraptor

I saw my surgeon today and asked about the pain under my ribs. He didn't seem very concerned and thought it might be a muscle spasm from where they were poking around in the surgery. I haven't had it again. Hope you haven't either.

cheers
Back to top Go down
mamaraptor
Part of the furniture
mamaraptor

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain 5 weeks post op   Stitch pain 5 weeks post op EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 1:45 am

Thanks J! I'm a bull at a gate sometimes!
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain 5 weeks post op   Stitch pain 5 weeks post op EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 10:23 pm

From what I've read of others on here you'll soon know about it if its anything even remotely sleeve related..

I had wind pain that felt like seriously bad indigestion for what seemed like a month.. was probably only just over a week but when it's something you're constantly stuck with it seems like forever.

Just try take it easy you're still very delicate on the inside.

Back to top Go down
mamaraptor
Part of the furniture
mamaraptor

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain 5 weeks post op   Stitch pain 5 weeks post op EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 10:14 pm

Sounds exactly the same as what I am having Rose! I don't see the surgeon again until the 9th so if you could please let me know that would be lovely! Pretty sure its just our body healing and adjusting (as I've read other sleevers talking about this before) but it's always nice to get confirmation

xxooxxoooxoo
Back to top Go down
Rosencrantz
Rosencrantz

Female
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain 5 weeks post op   Stitch pain 5 weeks post op EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 9:30 pm

Mamaraptor, I got that the other night too and I am at 5/6 weeks. Left side just under the ribs - sharpish like a stitch from exercise. Hurt to stretch out, but it faded after about 10-15 mins. I keep getting other milder twinges around the general left stomach area too which I presume are stitches and healing pains. I am having my first check up with my Doc next week so i will confirm it all then.

I agree... it's amazing that it can be around 3 months before the healing is fully done.
Back to top Go down
mamaraptor
Part of the furniture
mamaraptor

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain 5 weeks post op   Stitch pain 5 weeks post op EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 9:23 pm

Nope, apparently it is our bodies still healing! Freaks me out to think that it takes up to 13 weeks to be fully in the clear! I'm only at week 5!! I so want to go back to the gym, zumba etc but am too scared to bust any stitches!
Back to top Go down
mackie
mackie

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain 5 weeks post op   Stitch pain 5 weeks post op EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 8:32 am

I wondered if that was my tummy saying...slow down Maxine...gimme a rest...my getting full ?
Back to top Go down
zero4242

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain 5 weeks post op   Stitch pain 5 weeks post op EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 8:03 am

I have been told that the rib pain is associated with bruising from the camera the surgeon uses.
Back to top Go down
DammitJanet
DammitJanet

Female
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain 5 weeks post op   Stitch pain 5 weeks post op EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 6:25 am

I am almost 2 weeks post op and I have that left sided rib "stitch" pain. Man it's annoying. I haven't had a chance to read everyone's diaries...but this seems like it's normal????? I mentioned it to my dietician on friday (and the left shoulder tip pain) and she just said it was referred pain and wasn't worried about it at all...

If its normal I can handle it - but is anyone taking pain relief for it? Sometimes I think it's also when I do too much. It's hard to rest with an almost 3 year old and a 4 month old!

Any ideas guys?????
Back to top Go down
mammabear25
Part of the furniture
mammabear25

Female
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain 5 weeks post op   Stitch pain 5 weeks post op EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 6:10 am

For me i used to get pain every now and again, near and around my incisions...my left side was a little more tender, but i just put in down to my insides moving around, and my tummy healing, but always check it out my your doctor, i had a slight bump on my incision which was a small scar that had developed but its gone now:)
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain 5 weeks post op   Stitch pain 5 weeks post op EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 4:51 am

I'd say it's just wind pain..

If your worried about it call your surgeon, I did get nerve pain at my right hand side port at about the 3-5 month mark but that went away as I healed up fully.

Back to top Go down
mamaraptor
Part of the furniture
mamaraptor

Female

PostSubject: Stitch pain 5 weeks post op   Stitch pain 5 weeks post op EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 3:46 am

Hi lovely ones!

Well, today I am 5 weeks post op and i've been one of the "lucky" ones who never got any shoulder tip pain or stitch pain...until a week ago! I've started getting a deep stitch on my left hand side where I imagine the tummy is somewhere, just under my left breast/near middle of the ribs. I've heard you guys talk about this a lot and I know its normal, it's just super weird that I'm only getting it now, not right from the start!

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain 5 weeks post op   Stitch pain 5 weeks post op Empty

Back to top Go down

Stitch pain 5 weeks post op
Page 1 of 1