Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

New Year's Resolutions Empty
PostSubject: me   New Year's Resolutions EmptySun 01 Jan 2012, 6:32 am

this yr?

Work on issues that are associated with weight with the pysch.

eat less, move more to prepare for sleeve mid-year.

get this indigestion sorted

study a few more subjects
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions EmptySun 01 Jan 2012, 5:19 am

Wow, loving the variety of responses.... good luck everyone with working towards your resolutions.

Meeting new people is always a good one to have, I think. I have moved a lot in my 42 years, including to another country for 6 years. So you would think that I am used to putting myself out there... nope, it's always a challenge, but it is usually worth it!!

Melinda, think the 'part of the furniture' status kicks in around 200 posts.
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions EmptySun 01 Jan 2012, 1:49 am

How many post do you need to make to get 'part of the furniture' status?
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions EmptySat 31 Dec 2011, 9:37 am

1. Pure and simple: Have even more fun.

2. Attain 'Part of the furniture' status on here!!
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions EmptySat 31 Dec 2011, 9:00 am

I want to only get Distinctions at uni -no credits or passess lol!!

I want to lose the last 8kg- that I havent made an effort to shift and know I need to actually exercise to do it. Grrrr

I am going to enjoy my life to the fullest-as I have done this year too and havent looked back!!

wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2012

shellyxxx

New Year's Resolutions 217555 New Year's Resolutions 542174 New Year's Resolutions 63412 New Year's Resolutions 65317 New Year's Resolutions 120705
Back to top Go down
flick
flick

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-07-12

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions EmptySat 31 Dec 2011, 5:44 am

My resolutions are simple

1st Eat better, drink more water and get off my arse and exercise more

2nd Not give in so easily, grow some balls as my sister says

3rd By the end of the year become the sexy b hatch that my hubby deserves, not that I am not Hot right now but I could be better

4th Like gottarhyme, I am giong to get myself out there and meet some new people and make friends, I have moved to a new town and have really not made much of an effort

See not to hard really

Wishing everyone a wonderful 2012

Flick
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions EmptySat 31 Dec 2011, 4:28 am

1. Survive more health issues

2. Try to get more weight off. All ive done for the last month or so is eat like a sloth. Its not right. I will not allow my weight to go up. I cant!

Thats probably it. If 2011 has taught me anything, I cant control much, just have to deal with crap as its thrown my way as it continually is.
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions EmptySat 31 Dec 2011, 3:58 am

I'm the same with Chris- don't normally do resolutions but this year is very very different. I've come at a real crossroad with life. I'm now 38 and at that point that I need to do something or I'll be lost for ever.

My sleeve is booked in September so up to than as much as I know I probably won't lose weight I'm endeavoring to change my sugar addiction and my overall obsession with food.

Recovery will than be the priority after the sleeve. Leading into 2013.

I have three other issues. The first two tie in together and they are how are deal with my mother and my boys.

I've come to the conclusion my mother won't change. She will never accept she could be in the wrong. So that leaves me with how I deal & cope with her comments and manipulations. I resolve NOT to let her get to me and NOT allow myself to be hurt by her. I am strong so I need to thicken up my skin and broaden those shoulders.

As for the boys I resolve to be a more consistent firm but fun mummy!

One last resolution which as already begun is to improve my financial situation. We have joined a company called MyBudget and they are in the process of getting us back on our feet!

Sorry it's a little long winded:-)
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions EmptySat 31 Dec 2011, 12:47 am

Welcome to the forum Suzy Blue. I hope all your plans for the New Year come true for you. Good luck with your journey from band to sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions EmptySat 31 Dec 2011, 12:24 am

Hello everyone Newbie here. Just reading your New Years Resolution.

I currently have a Gastric Band, put in November 2010, but OMG after reading all these sucess stories, I have decided to have my Band out and replace it with the sleeve.

No more vomiting, eating mush, etc (actually I have lost 23 Kgs but I really think I just starved my way to weight loss) I lost that weight in the first 6-7 months and now for 5 months weight lost is at a absolute stop.

Xmas 2012 - Goal is to be 10 kgs lighter - if you guys can do it so can I. I look forward to be apart of this loverly forum

Val
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions EmptyFri 30 Dec 2011, 11:49 pm

I don't usually make a New Years Resolution, however I find myself wanting to do so this year. Actually, it's probably a multi-pronged resolution, which all adds up to treating myself better by:

• Consolidating my non-smoking
  • Getting back to a healthy relationship with food, and kicking the sugar addiction again
  • Exercising regularly, in ways I enjoy
  • Spending less time on the computer
  • Reconnecting with friends
  • Supporting my hubby through his difficulties
  • And picking up on my hobbies, especially learning Italian and making cards.

Okay, that seems like a lot, doesn't it? However it's not that I don't do any of them now, it's just that I want to improve the things I'm already doing, and re-start those I'm not.

2012 will be a better year!
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions EmptyFri 30 Dec 2011, 9:56 pm

I resolve to try to 'get out' more often.

I have over the years let close friendships pass by the wayside as my disgust with my fat self and my grief over losing my husband of 20 years to a younger woman, leaving me to raise four girls alone took over my life. Well, this year NEEDS to be my year! I want to do more enjoyable things for myself!

I want to join an art group and start painting and drawing again. I have started sketching lately, and I realise that I still have talent, so I want to develop that!

My last two children are embarking on their new adventures at University, and I no longer need to stay home.

Bring on 2012!

New Year's Resolutions 542174
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions EmptyFri 30 Dec 2011, 9:43 pm

I think it is normal to think about the year that has past and the one that is coming at this time of the year.

I know for lots of us, particularly those of us who were sleeved in 2011, this year has been a watershed year. So much personally has changed for me. My whole relationship with food is different. It still isn't perfect, but I am improving our relationship... making it more equal, not letting food be the dominant partner!

I have never been one for setting all encompassing New Year's Resolutions that were unachievable. Last year I said that I would like to get healthier in 2011. I started off by 'trying' to do 1/2 hour of physical activity a couple of times a week.... realised that it was taking me 3 days for my joints to recover from a 1/2 hour walk... holy moly!! This set in motion my thoughts of WLS.... and then here I am 12 months later, over 50kgs down and definately more healthy than this time last year!!

So, for 2012.... I want to continue on my road to better health and increased fitness. I am loving riding my retro bike and would love to participate in a 25km fun-bike ride.
I want to have breakfast more often, with this in mind, I think I will start having protein shakes/smoothies for breakfast, quick, healthy and filling.

What about you??? What would you like to focus on in 2012, and how will you do that?

Have a great New Year's Eve!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   New Year's Resolutions Empty

Back to top Go down

New Year's Resolutions
Page 1 of 1