AuthorMessage
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

junk foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: junk foods   junk foods EmptyMon 31 Oct 2011, 11:26 am

Im only 3 weeks post op, so still on the post op diet.....but I certainly dont plan on depriving myself. Its all about balance and moderation, and the sleeve is a great tool to help us with eating in moderation. Whilst I hope the majority of my eating will be healthy, and protein focussed, etc, if I am at a social occasion and would like to have a piece of cake, I will :) I dont feel there is anything wrong with the occasional treat.
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

junk foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: junk foods   junk foods EmptyMon 31 Oct 2011, 7:25 am

Im just under 7 weeks post op and for about the last 3 weeks have permitted myself 3 cadbury buttons a day. Its only 51 calories in total and allows me my little indulgence without sitting there, craving it and binging on it. The only other "junk food" that ive given into was cc's...and yes they did go down quite difficulty but god they were soooo good! Had about a handful one night. Ive been amongst friends/partner where they have eaten mc donalds and kfc in front of me and my mouth is watering, but i havent given in yet. I want to lose at least 30-40kgs before i indulge in a lil bit of junk food. I keep saying to my friends, ill be happy to lose my weight and get to a point where i can have a bit of junk food once a week, say mc donalds on a fri night etc. Until my weight loss is more regular, im trying my best and sometimes its soooo hard!! In saying that, ive not had a bad reaction to anything ive eaten so far so im pretty sure a nie hamburger would go down quite easily...!
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

junk foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: junk foods   junk foods EmptyMon 31 Oct 2011, 4:54 am

LittleMissCee wrote:
Sad to say, but I eat junk food all the time.

Albeit, I only eat tiny amounts now. I've seen a lot of ppl on here say that the sugar & fat makes them incredibly ill, but unfortunately I haven't had that issue!! I do try to make healthy choices majority of the time, but if I feel like it, I will eat it.

I'm still losing weight, and not my sanity by allowing myself this.

me too,although my weight has stabilised but I havent gained any,I know if I want to loose the last 8kg I need

to exercise and eat totally healthy but as long as Im not putting it on Im happy.

for the first 6 months or more i didnt eat ANY junk -protien was my main thing i focused on as it is important

shelly
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

junk foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: junk foods   junk foods EmptyMon 31 Oct 2011, 4:45 am

I haven't tried any cake yet (I'm 8 weeks post-op) but have tried a little square of chocolate... and also had about 3 chips (like, from a packet - crisps) the other day because they had a vegemite flavour and I wanted to know what it tasted like. These go down fine for me, and haven't had any real impact on me - I still lose weight.

The whole reason I chose the sleeve was because I wanted to be able to still eat whatever I damn well pleased... I love food, that's how I got to the size I am. There's no way on earth I am giving up all the yummy foods I enjoy for all eternity... I just liked that it meant that instead of eating the whole cake (and seriously, pre-op I would eat the entire cake if it was sitting in my fridge), I can only have a small piece. (that's when I actually try cake that is... lol).

I've had a bite of a cheeseburger before too... but it wasn't so nice. My tastes must have changed because I just didn't like it.

I find that really oily foods tend to make me feel sick... so I can't do sausages except for some tiny "extra lean" ones they sell at Woolies for quite a bit. All other types, even other lean ones, make me want to spew.
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

junk foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: junk foods   junk foods EmptyMon 31 Oct 2011, 2:07 am

Sad to say, but I eat junk food all the time.

Albeit, I only eat tiny amounts now. I've seen a lot of ppl on here say that the sugar & fat makes them incredibly ill, but unfortunately I haven't had that issue!! I do try to make healthy choices majority of the time, but if I feel like it, I will eat it.

I'm still losing weight, and not my sanity by allowing myself this.
Back to top Go down
Ryjackmama
Part of the furniture
Ryjackmama

Female
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2011-02-01

junk foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: junk foods   junk foods EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 11:54 pm

I am 5 weeks out, and I have indulged in a couple of tiny mouthfuls of wedding cake. Other than that, I feel as though I would rather eat something with protein than junk......However if I feel like a chocolate frog I will probably have one. I didn't have the sleeve to cut out all the bad foods, I had it so I couldn't eat as much and to get rid of the hunger I always felt pre-sleeve. I think we shouldn't deny ourselves a treat, but obviously a small one and not every day!
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

junk foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: junk foods   junk foods EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 8:22 pm

One of the reasons I went with my surgeon is that he said after the sleeve, we should be able to eat ALL foods, just in very small amounts.
I don't have anywhere near the amount of junk food as I did pre-sleeve, but I am human and do have it occasionally. It is a good feeling to have it now and again, otherwise it'd be like me going on diets pre-sleeve, banning all sorts of foods and just craving them more, then I'd eat a truck load of them.
It is your decision, I know lots of sleevers give up junk food and soft drink permanently and don't miss them. I am not one of them, I enjoy a little bit of all food.
Good luck on the soft food part of your recovery, not long now til 'real' food!!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

junk foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: junk foods   junk foods EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 1:36 pm

I am only 10 weeks out tomorrow so maybe things will change for me I really don't know, but at present I couldn't think of anything worse than eating junk food. I did have 2 chicken nuggets when there was absolutely no alternative when out and it made me feel sick for hours. Again this is just my personal opinion and everyone is different but the way I see it is that we can put such a small amount in our tummies I'm making sure I eat the best quality food I can. I can only hope that the cravings for chips and chocolate, that were a such a huge part of my life pre sleeve, stay away for good.
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

junk foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: junk foods   junk foods EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 6:14 am

I was in the same boat with work morning teas, and I had told everyone I was on a diet so they didn't find it odd when I said no to goodies. I did have a tiny slice here and there of devils food cake (literally a tiny slice, more of a sliver and no icing cos I'm not so into icing) and I just had no interest in eating the other stuff so I didn't.

Sadly for me, things have changed and the old sweet cravings have come back and I can eat more...
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

junk foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: junk foods   junk foods EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 6:05 am

I never touched it for months after surgery, but that was just me.
Now, if I go out for coffee with friends I will often have a piece of cake or slice.
You are right, its all about being normal.

I had dessert the other night along with everyone else out to dinner, knew there was no way I was going to eat it all, but why not! I had my son with me, he soon polished off the rest. It was chocolate cheesecake and yummy!!
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-26

junk foods Empty
PostSubject: junk foods   junk foods EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 5:57 am

Hi I am a month post-op and basically starting on soft foods - completely jumped the pureed stage from liquids so am trying to work out what is appropriate.

When I was re-admitted to hospital after my op my surgeon said that to try and keep fluids up I should try lemonade in the short term which is a godsend flat and I am drinking about a can a day (a bit less) as well as water and resource drinks. This will obviously stop once I can tolerate other foods.

It has got me thinking about other "junk" foods. I know that junk food is a no-no, but I think for piece of mind I need to know that if I want a piece of chocolate or a bit of cake (it is a massive month for birthday cakes at work) that I can have one and it would make me feel more normal with the people who don't know I have had this done IYKWIM.

Has anyone else tested the junk component or have an opinion? I am well aware that's why I needed the surgery in the first place but I just thought I would ask. Am I the only weak one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

junk foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: junk foods   junk foods Empty

Back to top Go down

junk foods
Page 1 of 1