AuthorMessage
Vronnie
Part of the furniture
Vronnie

Female
Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2011-02-14

Period + Exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period + Exercise   Period + Exercise EmptySun 04 Dec 2011, 3:52 am

Hi Jess

It looks as if you've lost a huge amount of weight in a very short timeframe. I suspect that what you're experiencing is some hormonal fluctuation due to that weight loss. Were you ever diagnosed with PCOS prior to the sleeve (symptoms like scant irregular periods & obesity)?

I would maybe give it a couple of months & see if things settle down...hormones such as eostrogen are stored in our fat so there's a chance that what you're experiencing is your body's response to major change...it is amajor change to lose so much weight so quickly you know. Certainly go & see your doctor if you're still feeling worried after having a read around the forum as Chris suggested.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Period + Exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period + Exercise   Period + Exercise EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 4:59 am

Hi Jess

While it's true that our body's rhythms can be upset by stress, including operations and anaesthetic, I don't see how the sleeve op can do this to you.

There is another thread on periods and stuff, and you might find some answers there. However, it could just be "one of those things"; if it's not continuing, I'd wait and see what the next one does, as then there will be more of a pattern to tell your doc about. But if you are concerned about it now, it doesn't hurt to check it out early.

Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
LittleJess
Part of the furniture
LittleJess

Female
Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Period + Exercise Empty
PostSubject: Period + Exercise   Period + Exercise EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 4:52 am

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a great time... here's my issue -

Well, on Sunday (today's Wednesday) I got my period very very lightly and it has been getting slightly heavier each day but still a very very light period.. then today.. I woke up flooding, through tampon and all... Although this has happened before on my first period days (before surgery), it has definitely never happened on day 4. My periods hardly went for 4 days.

Second part of this is that I went to go for my walk just before and got 5 minutes down the road and got struck by a massive stomach cramp... thought it would go away but it didn't so turned around and came home... it came and went for the 10mins it took me to walk very slowly back home.. as soon as I got home I had diarrhoea!! I have never had period pain before so this is all very new to me.

Is this normal? Should I not exercise on those real heavy days of my period?? Any advice is appreciated - even if it's a 'GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!'

Also, this is only my 2nd period since surgery, it was very late but my period's have always been on their own timeline, even when I was on the pill!!

Thanks, Jess xo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Period + Exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period + Exercise   Period + Exercise Empty

Back to top Go down

Period + Exercise
Page 1 of 1