Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone have their period the day of the op?

Go down 
+5
Kyles
Eternlslady
ssteph2342
applesauce
NutMeg
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

Anyone have their period the day of the op? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone have their period the day of the op?   Anyone have their period the day of the op? EmptyWed 30 Jun 2010, 12:40 pm

Oh yeh 4 times,no dramas just go with the flow lol...
My surgeon thinks that I have them all the time... Anyone have their period the day of the op? 81722 Maybe when I have my hernia fixed I might surprise him, and not have them...Ahhh just another day,dont stress...

Sharon.
Back to top Go down
Eternlslady
Part of the furniture
Eternlslady

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have their period the day of the op?   Anyone have their period the day of the op? EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 9:36 am

Just for the record - I got mine before surgery.... that morning actually. After 2 days of my body trying to decide whether it would go ahead with it or not!

I didn't have a catheter at all so I just left my undies on when I changed to my gown. They were okay with me using a pad.
My only hint... black underwear, preferably that are low cut. I was wearing black high cut ones and they did get iodine on them. (Not that it matters)
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have their period the day of the op?   Anyone have their period the day of the op? EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 9:12 am

don't worry, mine were all over the shop after the surgery.....
Back to top Go down
vinnie82
vinnie82

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have their period the day of the op?   Anyone have their period the day of the op? EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 6:45 am

i got my periods when i had the operation but it has been 5 weeks and no periods? should i be worried? and (no im not pregnant) haha
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have their period the day of the op?   Anyone have their period the day of the op? EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:13 pm

You should be able to take the mini pill..... but to let you know anaesthetic does wonderful things... NOT....
When I had my first op I was on the pill.... 2 days after op got my period - WASN'T DUE FOR IT THOUGH!!!!
You could say 'go with the flow..... you never know'
Back to top Go down
Huggy Bear
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have their period the day of the op?   Anyone have their period the day of the op? EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 11:03 am

I had a question kinda in this vein.....

I am on the Pill and am not expecting my period during the operation or the following days but I am on a low dose pill which means if I skip 2 days of active pills then my period starts. Will I be able to take my tiny pill the day after the operations or will even that be difficult to get down as I'll still need a god sip or two of water to get it down.

I so don't want to have to deal with cramps, tampons etc whilst I am recovering from the operation - my periods are really painful and awful.

Any advice would be great,

xxHuggyBear
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have their period the day of the op?   Anyone have their period the day of the op? EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 8:06 am

No but my op seemed to bring mine on earlier..YAY :)

It is quite common and doesnt affect the operation at all...just let the nurses know and they will look after that part for you

Edit - oops I didnt read everyone elses responses...sorry for pretty much saying the same thing
Back to top Go down
Eternlslady
Part of the furniture
Eternlslady

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have their period the day of the op?   Anyone have their period the day of the op? EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 6:51 am

I am due 4 days before my operation. Oh joy. Wishing I was due NOW because that would look better when I stepped on the scales at the dieticians check up! I always pack on a kilo or so of fluid in preparation. Now I am going to be heavier than I should be at my pre-op check.

I read up on it too because it's common for any kind of stress to delay mine by a few days. I had to resign myself to the idea that I would have to ask the nurses about it when I go in on the day.

Que Sera, Sera
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have their period the day of the op?   Anyone have their period the day of the op? EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 6:39 am

Hi Meghan,

I finished my period a week before the surgery and thought fab I won't have to worrry about that now but got it again 3 days later. Apparently it's quite common.

steph
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have their period the day of the op?   Anyone have their period the day of the op? EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 5:53 am

even if you are not due it is pretty common to get them just after surgery. do not worry take your normal protection to hosptal with you and let the nurse know. you will be on some good drugs in those first few days after surgery so if period pain is a concern dont let it be.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Anyone have their period the day of the op?   Anyone have their period the day of the op? EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 5:29 am

Going through my diary, putting appointments etc., in I realise that I am due for my period the day before the op. Oh, joy.

From having a squizz on the net, it doesn't seem like it'll be a problem, but what did you do?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have their period the day of the op?   Anyone have their period the day of the op? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone have their period the day of the op?
Page 1 of 1