Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
suzyhomemaker
suzyhomemaker

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-07-19

I'm devastated - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: I'm devastated   I'm devastated - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 2:33 am

First topic message reminder :

I rang APRA today, after the 10 days they advised, and they said that my application was declined this morning :-( I'm devastated. They said it's because they're not satisified that we couldn't pay for it ourselves - because we have 5K in savings and 1.7k of assets (home contents estimation). I honestly don't understand how they don't see that paying for it would clean us out. We declared what our monthly expenses were and it's obvious that we're paying ourselves and paying our bills month to month would just not be possible.

He said I need to write to them and ask them to reconsider and also provide a stat dec stating why we can't pay ourselves. He said in some circumstances, if we paid first, then they could reimburse us but there's no guarantee. That's not helpful!

Can anyone give me any advice?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: I'm devastated   I'm devastated - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 3:41 am

Oh, suzy, that sucks.

However, if you put a good case to them in the affadavit, they're good at reconsidering.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
suzyhomemaker
suzyhomemaker

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: I'm devastated   I'm devastated - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 2:33 am

I rang APRA today, after the 10 days they advised, and they said that my application was declined this morning :-( I'm devastated. They said it's because they're not satisified that we couldn't pay for it ourselves - because we have 5K in savings and 1.7k of assets (home contents estimation). I honestly don't understand how they don't see that paying for it would clean us out. We declared what our monthly expenses were and it's obvious that we're paying ourselves and paying our bills month to month would just not be possible.

He said I need to write to them and ask them to reconsider and also provide a stat dec stating why we can't pay ourselves. He said in some circumstances, if we paid first, then they could reimburse us but there's no guarantee. That's not helpful!

Can anyone give me any advice?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm devastated   I'm devastated - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm devastated
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2