28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
slimmer

Female
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Nights in hospital? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Nights in hospital?   Nights in hospital? - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 2:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

I know that this topic has been done before, but I can't find any recent information so thought i would ask again, (mods if I need a lesson in the search function, please tell me :) ) as I think as more surgeons get familar with the sleeve the nights in hospital turns around quicker.

I was wondering how long people were in hospital for? Is it three nights or two? I am not planning on telling anyone (apart from hubby) about my surgery and my family thinks it is to resolve a gastro problem I have had for ages, the only problem with that is that I think I can stretch it to two nights with "they found a hernia and repaired it as well" but a third would be harder to explain.

I don't see my surgeon for the final appointment for another three weeks so wanted to start doing some planning in advance.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Nights in hospital?   Nights in hospital? - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 8:14 am

You can give whatever lie you want (hiatus hernia is one I've heard as a good one to give), and if they question why it's for so many nights, you can say that you has some complications or your BP rose or you had a fever or whatever, so they kept you in longer to make sure you were alright. There was no way I'd have been allowed home when I was (I was there 3 nights) if my BP was like it was when I was in recovery.

My surgeon said 2-3 nights and yeah, I was in for 3. :)
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Nights in hospital?   Nights in hospital? - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 8:03 am

You could tell them it grew back! LOL!

Naaah...just tell them its for exploratory surgery...

If anyone asks me how I have lost so much weight, I tell them this:

My Doctor told me I would DIE if I didn't stop eating myself to death. My health was suffering, and my liver was dying by inches. I made up my mind to loose the weight and live.

Shuts them right up.

Of course, if a person in NEED of the surgery asks me, I tell them. There is no way I could perpetuate another's misery by pretending I did this without help!
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nights in hospital?   Nights in hospital? - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 7:40 am

Surgeon is Ian Michell, and unfortunately my gall bladder has already been removed or I would use that! Thinking more about it, I think stuff it, they can believe what they want.

I am hoping it is only two nights though as I will miss the kids too much. I don't want them to visit while I am there as they did when I had my gall bladder out a few years ago and it was a nightmare. Not scared of me in hospital, didn't want to go home and I could hear them all the way to the car park!
Back to top Go down
lisagraham
lisagraham

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Nights in hospital?   Nights in hospital? - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 2:02 am

I was only in for 2 nights.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Nights in hospital?   Nights in hospital? - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 12:45 am

I told people I had to have my gall bladder removed. The scars are the same, and it is keyhole surgery. You can say they discovered your gall bladder was diseased and they removed it.

I actually did have my gall bladder removed, and I was in for three nights in 2006.
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Nights in hospital?   Nights in hospital? - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 11:23 pm

ive not yet had my op, but my surgeon has told me it will be anywhere from 2 nights to 4 nights, depending on how things go.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Nights in hospital?   Nights in hospital? - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 10:28 pm

I had 3 nights in hospital and my excuse was repair of hiatus hernia for those I didn't want to tell.

Back to top Go down
smeggles
smeggles

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2011-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Nights in hospital?   Nights in hospital? - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 4:40 pm

HI When i was sleeved i was in next to a lady who had a Hiatus hernia and she was in for 3 nights too and only on nourishing fluids... so you should be fine to tell them it is a hernia op.

Best of luck :)
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Nights in hospital?   Nights in hospital? - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 3:03 pm

I think it all depends on your recovery & your surgeon.. My surgeon has you stay for 3 nights. Who is your surgeon?
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female

PostSubject: Nights in hospital?   Nights in hospital? - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 2:30 pm

I know that this topic has been done before, but I can't find any recent information so thought i would ask again, (mods if I need a lesson in the search function, please tell me :) ) as I think as more surgeons get familar with the sleeve the nights in hospital turns around quicker.

I was wondering how long people were in hospital for? Is it three nights or two? I am not planning on telling anyone (apart from hubby) about my surgery and my family thinks it is to resolve a gastro problem I have had for ages, the only problem with that is that I think I can stretch it to two nights with "they found a hernia and repaired it as well" but a third would be harder to explain.

I don't see my surgeon for the final appointment for another three weeks so wanted to start doing some planning in advance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nights in hospital?   Nights in hospital? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nights in hospital?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: