13 posters
AuthorMessage
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

St George Private Hospital Sydney  Empty
PostSubject: St George Private Hospital Sydney    St George Private Hospital Sydney  EmptyThu 08 Sep 2011, 3:39 pm

What a gorgeous hospital ........... with great Views ...........and Great chef's Food 5 star .........

Loved it ............ Nice and wonderful very helpful staff ..........

Cheers lovely
Back to top Go down
didles
Part of the furniture
didles

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: St George Private Hospital Sydney    St George Private Hospital Sydney  EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 2:50 am

Agree with you on that one, my neurosurgeon is there and I enjoy my stay. No, that sounds weird it makes it bearable. The food is a million times better than St George public I spent two weeks there in June and begged to transfer but I had one of those superbugs and couldn't go. I think it is more like a hotel.
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture
Frangipani Girl

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: St George Private Hospital Sydney    St George Private Hospital Sydney  EmptyFri 30 Sep 2011, 3:57 am

I totally agree with the others.

You are made to feel like a real person that has needs. At no time did I feel that I was being rushed out of there nor mistreated or judged to why I had the surgery.

It was also great to see other nurses who work there (both pre-op & post-op) that have also had the surgery and they shared their experiences with you.

The other great thing is that they also ok to accomodate visitors (within reason) outside of the normal visiting hours - as long as you are up to it.
Back to top Go down
Chris36
Chris36

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: St George Private Hospital Sydney    St George Private Hospital Sydney  EmptyThu 20 Oct 2011, 11:35 am

I have to agree! St George Private was fantastic!

All the nurses there were so accomodating. My IV and pain relief machine kept going off beeping ever couple of hrs, and I had to keep calling them in, and I felt so bad, but they never were rude or kept me waiting for ages. Always came quickly.

Very helpful getting you up for showers, and moving around especially whilst still hooked up.

I didn't have much food! lol, broth and custard, but the custard was yummo! Even the nice lady in the room with me was treated very well.

So I couldn't recommend it highly enough. Oh, and of course Dr Jorgensen! What a fantastic Doctor!.
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: St George Private Hospital Sydney    St George Private Hospital Sydney  EmptyWed 23 Nov 2011, 12:57 am

jeez love what food did you get i only got crappy jelly! LOL
Back to top Go down
DBFiveGirl
DBFiveGirl

Female
Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: St George Private Hospital Sydney    St George Private Hospital Sydney  EmptyWed 23 Nov 2011, 8:05 am

The nursing staff were fantastic. Unfortunately it was a tea lady who let the place down during my stay.

Also didn't appreciate sharing a room. Over a three night stay I had three different room mates in a two bed room. And the last one in particular came with about a half dozen family members. It certainly wasn't private or peaceful sharing a room with her. So I rate them down for that.
Back to top Go down
http://absolutelygutless.blogspot.com/
bigrockinguy
Part of the furniture
bigrockinguy

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: St George Private Hospital Sydney    St George Private Hospital Sydney  EmptyWed 29 Feb 2012, 12:54 pm

Had my sleeve done there through Dr Talbot.Great hospital and staff were great from admissions to nurses.Going into pre-op was made so at ease.The nurses both sexes were great,special thanks go out to Wayne,Desiree and Gia.I had a single room overlooking the Princess Hwy,Botany Bay and the airport so was no down time persay.Actually stayed one extra night(told my lift not to come so i couldnt go home).
Back to top Go down
cosmic1
Part of the furniture
cosmic1

Female
Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-12-09

PostSubject: Re: St George Private Hospital Sydney    St George Private Hospital Sydney  EmptyThu 29 Mar 2012, 12:42 pm

I go home tomorrow and my lovely stay here has felt like I've been in a day spa :) Everyone is awesome and very helpful, caring with great senses of humour - they work hard and i appreciated them all. I had a room on my own overlooking Botany Bay and the airport so that view helped too :)

I enjoyed the soups but especially loved the custard OMG!!!! Didn't fancy the jelly but it's not like I needed it anyhow :) I have had a dream run with my surgery and recovery. Thanks to all the staff who made it all possible!

Last edited by cosmic1 on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: St George Private Hospital Sydney    St George Private Hospital Sydney  EmptyThu 29 Mar 2012, 10:46 pm

oh i forgot about that jelly - how vile was it! my little son wouldn't even touch it LOL
Back to top Go down
myboobook

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-03-11

PostSubject: St George Private   St George Private Hospital Sydney  EmptyFri 20 Apr 2012, 11:55 pm

I had a gastric sleeve done on Tuesday, and was discharged on Friday morning. Feeling excellent.

The staff at St George Private were without exception fantastic - and I mean all the staff, from cleaners, porters, nurses and other people.

Food? bleh. The worst jelly I've ever tasted -how can you make jelly that's claggy? Custard OK. Broth OK

Dr Loi did my surgery, fixed up a hiatus hernia while he was there - and I didn't even know I had one.

Only negative comment - the disposable undies, hospital gown, and pressure stockings didn't fit me - too small. Which seems silly that they didn't have big ones for us biguns.
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: St George Private Hospital Sydney    St George Private Hospital Sydney  EmptyTue 15 May 2012, 11:51 am

haha i was sleeved here - the jelly is quite atrocious isnt it! i found the custard to be awesome!! and the broth was quite fine too! all staff were great as soon as i walked thru the doors :) 2 of my nurses at been sleeved themselves which was great for the nerves!
Back to top Go down
raniroo
raniroo

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: St George Private Hospital Sydney    St George Private Hospital Sydney  EmptyTue 14 Aug 2012, 4:06 am

Apart from the food, which is pretty good compared to most hospitals (except for the jelly) the WIFI was great.

If you don't know about it....you are entitled to a free wifi pass (valid for 3 days). You can get a passcard from reception with the passwords on it. (It's included in your $25 ADMIN fee).

Also there is a button on your remote thingy that switches the TV over to Foxtel channels.

A friend (who is on these forums too) told me about them...she saved me from boredom....
Back to top Go down
chrissy1987
chrissy1987

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2012-07-29

PostSubject: Re: St George Private Hospital Sydney    St George Private Hospital Sydney  EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 7:54 am

I was there earlier this month..... FANTASTIC... I didnt even taste the jelly :P i only really had the yogurt and a few little spoons on broth... I had DR loi do my op and I never thought id day this but it was a nice little retrete..
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female
Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: St George Private Hospital Sydney    St George Private Hospital Sydney  EmptyTue 19 Mar 2013, 2:41 am

Anyone used STGeorge Private....??? How was your experience?

Sara
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female
Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: St George Private Hospital Sydney    St George Private Hospital Sydney  EmptySat 30 Mar 2013, 10:51 am

What an amazing hospital......great rooms, lovely nurse staff and views out to the sea.....

It was such a lovely place to spend the first three days of my sleeved life......

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St George Private Hospital Sydney    St George Private Hospital Sydney  Empty

Back to top Go down

St George Private Hospital Sydney
Page 1 of 1