5 posters
AuthorMessage
Heidihillier
Heidihillier

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-05-04

St. George's Hospital Sydney  Empty
PostSubject: St. George's Hospital Sydney    St. George's Hospital Sydney  EmptySun 18 May 2014, 6:04 am

Hello people,

Just a quick question regarding St. George's Hospital.... as a rule I get my husband to remove all my valuables, like Ipad, phone etc before surgery but as I am going interstate to NSW and my husband will be in WA are there lockable lockers at all.?. a silly question but I guess quite valid! 

Thank you guys.

Heidi x
Back to top Go down
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w5LMiqU/weight.png
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: St. George's Hospital Sydney    St. George's Hospital Sydney  EmptySun 18 May 2014, 9:34 am

Yes there are a safe if I remember but the only problem is that I didn't go to my room until after the operation but I am sure if you explain that you will be coming from interstate they will be able to safely store those things whilst you are in surgery.  It is quite a nice hospital and has some nice modern equipment so I am sure a simple locker in the admission area can be found if not they may allow you to go the room pre op to put your bags and equipment in before the op especially if you are an afternoon op.  I was in the waiting area for several hours before my op as the person before turned out to be more complicated then expected so plenty of time to visit ward.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Heidihillier
Heidihillier

Female

PostSubject: Re: St. George's Hospital Sydney    St. George's Hospital Sydney  EmptySun 18 May 2014, 10:28 am

bluebags wrote:
Yes there are a safe if I remember but the only problem is that I didn't go to my room until after the operation but I am sure if you explain that you will be coming from interstate they will be able to safely store those things whilst you are in surgery.  It is quite a nice hospital and has some nice modern equipment so I am sure a simple locker in the admission area can be found if not they may allow you to go the room pre op to put your bags and equipment in before the op especially if you are an afternoon op.  I was in the waiting area for several hours before my op as the person before turned out to be more complicated then expected so plenty of time to visit ward.

Good luck
Thank you so much Bluebags for your answer.  Very much appreciated.
I think some very hard spells at gardening are in order to keep my mind off the most trivial of things.

Thank you!

Heidi x
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: St. George's Hospital Sydney    St. George's Hospital Sydney  EmptySun 18 May 2014, 1:27 pm

Its not trivial its a fair question for someone coming from Interstate who couldn't possibly know what the hospital offers. 

In the final weeks it is normal to feel apprehensive or even plain scared your mad if you don't. Its a big decision but always keep in mind that for 999 people nothing goes wrong and even the 1 that it does the problems are a wide variety of problems and most of them can be resolved fairly quickly.  The St George Hosp has very good reputation especially for Bariatrics they have won awards so you have picked a good establishment to have your op especially away from home.

Just remember when you are there to ask any questions about what worries you they are trained well to answer you will also see the hospital physio and a dietitian before leaving so ask away there also.

Again good luck
Back to top Go down
Heidihillier
Heidihillier

Female

PostSubject: Re: St. George's Hospital Sydney    St. George's Hospital Sydney  EmptySun 18 May 2014, 9:09 pm

bluebags wrote:
Its not trivial its a fair question for someone coming from Interstate who couldn't possibly know what the hospital offers. 

In the final weeks it is normal to feel apprehensive or even plain scared your mad if you don't. Its a big decision but always keep in mind that for 999 people nothing goes wrong and even the 1 that it does the problems are a wide variety of problems and most of them can be resolved fairly quickly.  The St George Hosp has very good reputation especially for Bariatrics they have won awards so you have picked a good establishment to have your op especially away from home.

Just remember when you are there to ask any questions about what worries you they are trained well to answer you will also see the hospital physio and a dietitian before leaving so ask away there also.

Again good luck
Thanks Bluebags,
and you are quite right, these final weeks have got my brain working on overdrive.

Many many thanks, I do appreciate it

Heidi x
Back to top Go down
nattles

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-05-22

PostSubject: Re: St. George's Hospital Sydney    St. George's Hospital Sydney  EmptyThu 22 May 2014, 9:02 am

Heidihillier wrote:
Hello people,

Just a quick question regarding St. George's Hospital.... as a rule I get my husband to remove all my valuables, like Ipad, phone etc before surgery but as I am going interstate to NSW and my husband will be in WA are there lockable lockers at all.?. a silly question but I guess quite valid! 

Thank you guys.

Heidi x
I am having my surgery there on June 2nd. Ill let you know what is like :)
Back to top Go down
mezza123
mezza123

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-05-03

PostSubject: Re: St. George's Hospital Sydney    St. George's Hospital Sydney  EmptyWed 18 Jun 2014, 2:51 am

Hi Heidi,
Not a silly question at all.  The hospital admission notes give you conflicting info.  I was recently (20/05/14) sleeved at St George Private, Kogarah.. I presume you mean the private hospital.  I too was 'on my own' pre-surgery.  I took my suitcase with a combination lock (you can get them from k-mart or bunnings).  Just a small lock to put through the zipper holes on your suitcase).  Once I'd finished with my phone, iPad etc. clothing, shoes etc.,  I locked it all in my suitcase (remembering the combination!!).  The wardsmen took care of it from the pre-theatre area and it was there in my room post-op.  All intact.  Just a tip for you.  Insist that you have a bed in the bariatric ward - I was put in to cardiac ward post-op and I wasn't impressed!!
Back to top Go down
Lexiswan
Lexiswan

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2013-01-10

PostSubject: Re: St. George's Hospital Sydney    St. George's Hospital Sydney  EmptyWed 18 Jun 2014, 3:58 am

That is a great idea about the bag with a combination lock!

Also, once you are in the ward there are draws with locks. Fingers crossed you get your own room!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St. George's Hospital Sydney    St. George's Hospital Sydney  Empty

Back to top Go down

St. George's Hospital Sydney
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Hospitals-
Jump to: