AuthorMessage
friskybean
Part of the furniture
friskybean

Female
Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Reshuffling of organs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 8:21 am

All the best sweetsleever! You will be fine but it is quite normal to have questions, I know I sure did and this is definately the place to get some of those answers!
GAS! Oh boy did that give me greif for weeks! I really started to wonder if it was more than that but the umcomfortable painful feeling eventually disappeared. I remember night after night waking up in tears and just not knowing what to do to get rid of it (apart from painkillers). I really think walking was good for this, to get things moving and settling things down again. Although I never got the shoulder tip pain that people talk about. And now, all that is a distant memory!!!!
BEST OF LUCK AND I HOPE YOU HAVE A SPEEDY RECOVERY!
Back to top Go down
sweetsleever
sweetsleever

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 7:59 am

Thanks guys... I'm not to worried about that... but am getting way nervous as only 2 more sleeps, unfortuantely, I am not first cab of the rank but am doing well with weight loss... mind I think that is because Im having trouble with the opti bars, shakes and vegies now... but I as I said 2 sleeps to go.
Sx
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 7:49 am

Apparently there is gas trapped under your rib cage. When they remove your stomach they pump you full of gas and your organs 'float' making them easier to move out of the way for the surgeon. That gas can take a few weeks to dissipate.

It can cause pain for some people, mostly at your shoulder tip (Because the stomach is connected somehow to that nerve) and/or under your ribs. I myself never had either pain.

Apparently you can go to the chemist and buy 'De-Gas' tablets to help remove the post operative build up of gas.
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 4:05 am

Hi Helens,

It takes a few weeks for all the gasses in your abdomen to dissipate, it the meantime they can give quite sharp pain in various places, (upper right, upper left, shoulder etc) usually goes away in a few days. Gentle walking helps. Eventually you will realise that it just doesn't happen any more.
cheers
sassysmum
Back to top Go down
helens
helens

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 3:15 am

Hi All,

Just wondering if any body has had a pain in the upper left side, just under the ribs since the op?

I have only just started getting this pain, feels ok if I stand or sit "at ease" but as soon as I take a big breath in, it kills me??

Just wondering...........
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 1:23 pm

Tash wrote:
Hi Sweets I had a sore tummy for a little while but not stuff moving around. I like to sleep on my side and is took a few days to be able to. I was more comfortable on my right side first of all.
Don't worry. I think you will find it very different from your childhood experience.
hugs Tash xxx Reshuffling of organs 217555
I was the same, it hurt to lie on my side and it also hurt to lie flat, so while I was in hospital I had the bed on an incline. I also found it easier to sleep on my right side than my left, not sure why.

I haven't felt anything moving around in there, although every now and then if I move a certain way I will feel it "pull". It's hard to describe but it just feels like pulling apart a scar, which is probably exactly what it is. Try not to do that though.

You'll be fine, try not to stress about it.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 12:29 pm

Organs don't really move. The spaces fill up with fluid mostly.
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 8:31 am

The only discomfort I had in term of internals was that I was uncomfortable sleeping on my left side for a few days. I was OK on my right side. The left side is the side of the stomach is removed and the one with the rows of staples etc. It is not surprising there is some tenderness, but it passes quickly. I think one of the other posters said something similar.
cheers
sassysmum
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   Reshuffling of organs EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 8:29 am

That must have been a stange feeling. I have not experienced that with any of my ops. If you are really worried about it speak to your surgeon.

Good luck with the op and your journey.
Back to top Go down
lililinks
lililinks

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2011-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 7:00 am

I haven't had my surgery yet, but I imagine it would be much like having a baby - when the baby is in the womb all your organs get pushed out of the way and when the baby is out your organs settle back into place, but you don't feel that happening. So I don't imagine you would feel it in this case either :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.leebirdphotography.com.au
rowdy
Part of the furniture
rowdy

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 3:06 am

moving of organs should not happen like u describe cos they are kept in place with ligaments, nerves, blood vessels and muscles...as GTR said it may have been the open surgery and muscles healing that gave that sensation...but as u said still not a pleasant feeling...you will be fine post op don't worry...will be best decsion u have made
good luck
rowdy xx
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 9:12 pm

I used bio oil religiously and I can barely see my scars now and have been using it on my tummy tuck scar for the past 6 months, working a treat. Its so smooth I can't even feel where the scar is on my tummy, can only see it.

I have a not so pretty scar from my gall bladder 25 years ago, wish bio oil was around then.
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 12:45 pm

Oh gosh! that would be weird! Nope, my organs stayed put after my surgery.

Hey Gottarhyme, you say about your scars being invisible now... how is everyone finding their sleeve scars? I always get that stupid awful thick keloid scarring and it has happened even with my 6 little wee scars from my sleeve op. grrrrrr
Back to top Go down
sweetsleever
sweetsleever

Female

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 12:26 pm

Cool, I am convinced all will be good... :-)

Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 12:22 pm

I had my gall bladder out nearly 26 years ago and also have a 6 inch long scar.
I never experienced anything like you describe, nor anything with my sleeve.

Back to top Go down
sweetsleever
sweetsleever

Female

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 12:17 pm

Thanks girls, I had surgery 23 years ago and my scar is probably 6inches long... the surgeon told me what it was that is why I asked. It was are bizarre feeling and I was so young I couldn't work it out, it left its mark on me... so if it happened again I wouldn't freak as much ha ha... was just curious...
Thanks again...
Sx
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm

No, that does not happen. There doesn't seem to be any feeling inside at all that I recall...

I had my gall bladder out a few years ago too, and I NEVER had the feeling you described! All I can imagine is that the cutting they did to get at your gall bladder must have cut through muscle, creating that sensation.

How long ago did that happen to you? I had gallbladder keyhole surgery in 2004! I can't even see the scars anymore...
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 12:10 pm

Hi Sweets I had a sore tummy for a little while but not stuff moving around. I like to sleep on my side and is took a few days to be able to. I was more comfortable on my right side first of all.
Don't worry. I think you will find it very different from your childhood experience.
hugs Tash xxx Reshuffling of organs 217555
Back to top Go down
sweetsleever
sweetsleever

Female

PostSubject: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 12:06 pm

Hiya all

I have a serious question...

Already sleeved ones... can you please tell me, once you had surgery and they removed a large part of your stomach, did you feel your organs move and fill the space of your now shrunken stomach... Sounds grose I know, but the reason I ask is I want to prepare myself as when I had my gall bladder removed about 20 years ago (no keyhole surgery back then) I was only young and in my teens, and when I was able to lie on my side I had the most strangest feeling, scared me, and was yucky... and frightening for me as a kid.... but apparently it was my organs filling up the hole of where my gall bladder was.

It was a very bizarre feeling and I remember it vividly and it freaked me out...

So anyone?????

Cheers
Sx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reshuffling of organs   Reshuffling of organs Empty

Back to top Go down

Reshuffling of organs
Page 1 of 1