AuthorMessage
Magic Princess
Part of the furniture
Magic Princess

Female
Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyFri 05 Dec 2008, 8:57 am

Hoping it all went well for you Miss K, can't wait to hear about it all.
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyFri 05 Dec 2008, 5:05 am

Goodluck and swag loads of best wishes Miss Kax !

So hope to see you back on here soon so you can tell us all about it..

Hugs :))
Bella
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyFri 05 Dec 2008, 3:32 am

Well today is the big day! I'm waiting to be admitted to The Mount. I am nervous of course but can't wait to begin my brand new sleeved and skinny life! See you on the other side and best of luck to those who are being operated on this week! Kax Newbie From Perth 65317
Back to top Go down
purplehaze
purplehaze

Female
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptySun 30 Nov 2008, 7:55 am

Trace, thanks so much for the article, it is really brilliant. Newbie From Perth 120705
Back to top Go down
Magic Princess
Part of the furniture
Magic Princess

Female

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptySun 30 Nov 2008, 12:11 am

Glad to hear you're doing ok Crissy. It's wonderful isn't it?
Back to top Go down
crissy91603
crissy91603

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: hi girl   Newbie From Perth EmptyFri 28 Nov 2008, 10:47 am

I too was so nervous scared, and oh so much more I got a date of nov 24. A day after you will be going through what they told me I would. Is that it? It really isnt that bad. Now it isnt a walk in the park. It is scary but it is a new life afterwards bc you DO NOT FEEL HUNGRY! I feel head hungry but never body hungry. Also try and walk as soon as possible because gas pain hurts so bad and it will help it alot. As soon as I got pain I would take med and walk and by the time I got back It would lessen enough I could go to sleep. Youll be fine and i am keeping you in my prayers girl good luck. YOu will experience different emotions each day you get closer. Deal with them and move forward because this moment in time of your surgery will change you forever. (for the good) I am already enjoying life and I had my surgery 4 days ago. take care
crissy
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyThu 27 Nov 2008, 10:30 am

Hey everyone! Thanks for the messages. Trace, that article is brilliant. I'm definitely going to send it to my family. Maybe it will help them understand. But this forum is fantastic, it is so great to talk to people who understand, makes me feel not so alone in all this.
Back to top Go down
charmaz
charmaz

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyThu 27 Nov 2008, 3:35 am

hey there! just wanted to say hi and congratulations on your achievements!
Back to top Go down
tracefromspace
Part of the furniture
tracefromspace

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 9:49 am

Hi MissKax,

I find this really helpful:

http://xantias-jouney.piczo.com/yourulemyworld-bydrfielding?cr=7&linkvar=000044

Credit to it to Xantias, but it is a brilliant article and hey if this guy thought he couldnt loose weight without surgery then we had no hope. I printed it and gave it to people who were doubters and no internet access.

Trace
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 8:24 am

MissKax wrote:
Thanks so much for the support you guys. It is really nice because I haven't anyone really and although I have a fabulous husband, my sister and dad are really struggling with it. They think I've rushed into it and that there must be another way. They keep saying it's just willpower (which I know it isn't!). But I can't get them to understand. I know they're worried but it's still upsetting the things they're saying. I will bloody show them though, 6-12 mths time, they'll eat their words!!!

Congrats on moving up the list!!

I know what you mean about not having any support, my identical twin sister thinks that I am making the wrong decision, but I know (just like you know) that it is the right decision for me.
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 7:51 am

congratulations on your bump up the ladder Miss Kax!

hopefully your family members will come to terms with your decision. encourage them to get on the net and do some research,
or perhaps have your sister with you for the next surgeons appointment. then she will have an opportunity to ask any questions
she has, and perhaps have her fears put to rest.

when they see how happy, healthy and slim your choice has made you, they'll have to see the benefits.

take comfort in the fact that they love and worry about you
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 6:31 am

Thanks so much for the support you guys. It is really nice because I haven't anyone really and although I have a fabulous husband, my sister and dad are really struggling with it. They think I've rushed into it and that there must be another way. They keep saying it's just willpower (which I know it isn't!). But I can't get them to understand. I know they're worried but it's still upsetting the things they're saying. I will bloody show them though, 6-12 mths time, they'll eat their words!!!
Back to top Go down
Magic Princess
Part of the furniture
Magic Princess

Female

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 5:14 am

Hey Miss Kax, good news about the surgery. How exciting. I hope it all goes well for you.
Back to top Go down
chook00
Part of the furniture
chook00

Female
Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 12:40 am

Thats a good omen if I have ever seen one!! Just think at christmas you will have already shed a few kilos and everyone will be to busy to notice that you are going easy on the food!
Good luck!!
Chook
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 12:34 am

hey kax....great news chicky!!!

how exciting for you (and scary all at the same time)...xmas will be a breeze for you i am sure...mentally you know that you are on your way to permanent success!!!
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyTue 25 Nov 2008, 10:22 pm

Well.....
I had my follow up yesterday morning. And what a full on day.
I am booked for next Friday the 5th of Dec?! He had a cancellation. I'm so excited and terrified at the same time, I just was expecting Jan, and now it's only 9 days away!!
I think I'm still in shock, but it is so fantastic my new life will begin really soon.
Worried about Christmas day though! I'm not telling very many people at all, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
Kax
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyThu 13 Nov 2008, 11:18 pm

Cool. I'll be in Jan too - we'll be Jan buddies! My BMI is 38 now and I'm hoping to get to 65kg eventually.
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyThu 13 Nov 2008, 10:42 pm

I havent been done yet, hoping for Mid December, although it's more likely going to be January, I am seeing Mr Ahmad at Murdoch
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyThu 13 Nov 2008, 10:38 pm

Hi Pink!
Did you have yours done at Mercy? How have you been going?
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyThu 13 Nov 2008, 10:31 pm

Welcome to the forum, I am another Perth girl (and can I just say that it seems like half our state is on here - just goes to show that we are very lucky in terms of having a few doctors who are willing to preform the sleeve).
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyThu 13 Nov 2008, 9:13 am

Applesauce, that's a really interesting comment, definitely worth thinking about!
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyThu 13 Nov 2008, 8:09 am

when the realities of a lapband vs a sleeve are fully explained most choose the sleeve. It just means a normal life within a few months of surgery rather than one of constant fills and unfills with the constand threat of further surgery over your head if or when something goes wrong with the band. I am yet to hear a single sleever say they wish they had choosen the band but quiet a few bandits who wish they had choosen the sleeve or at least been given that option to begin with so they could have taken it.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyThu 13 Nov 2008, 7:45 am

Thanks MP! This site is overwhelming - so much information! But great :)
Back to top Go down
Magic Princess
Part of the furniture
Magic Princess

Female

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyThu 13 Nov 2008, 6:00 am

Welcome Miss Kax please make yourself at home and feel free to ask any questions you may have. You'll find a lot of us here went in to talk to the surgeon about the band and came out thinking about the sleeve. I'm 2 weeks out and feeling great. Good luck on your journey.
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth EmptyThu 13 Nov 2008, 5:56 am

Hi everyone,
I am on the start of my WLS journey. Went and had my first appointment today, and going in wanted a lap band, but coming out I think the sleeve may be the way to go for me. I'll enjoy reading everyone's experiences on here, what a great forum!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie From Perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Perth   Newbie From Perth Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie From Perth
Page 1 of 1