chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Handy hints for getting the "Best" from your scales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handy hints for getting the "Best" from your scales   Handy hints for getting the "Best" from your scales EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 1:20 am

ROFL - I must admit to trying some of the less adventurous of these moves myself!
Back to top Go down
crazy_ma64
Part of the furniture
crazy_ma64

Female
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Handy hints for getting the "Best" from your scales   Handy hints for getting the "Best" from your scales EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 12:56 am

hahahahhahha LOve Love Love it!!!!

Juls
Back to top Go down
Kati
Sponsor
Kati

Female
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Handy hints for getting the "Best" from your scales   Handy hints for getting the "Best" from your scales EmptyTue 03 May 2011, 2:05 pm

Hilarous!
Bloody scales...
Back to top Go down
rowdy
Part of the furniture
rowdy

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Handy hints for getting the "Best" from your scales   Handy hints for getting the "Best" from your scales EmptyTue 03 May 2011, 12:03 pm

that is hysterical, who here amongst us (be honest!!) has NOT done the dance on the scales and sucking breath in and out...I have certainly used a hand basin or towel rack to ease the truth...LOL
My scales are digital and go up to 180kg's...thank god they don't read red...lets hear it for blue or green numbers psychologically it is much more respectful and less offensive...Thanx Carrie for putting the article on forum...love it
Marg
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Handy hints for getting the "Best" from your scales   Handy hints for getting the "Best" from your scales EmptyTue 03 May 2011, 5:29 am

I just had to share this piece from todays Sydney Morning Herald:

Quote :
Scaling back on the truth May 3, 2011. (Link to original article)

THIS year's Easter extravaganza involved what could only be termed lashings of chocolate and wine, to the extent that when I donned a wetsuit and took to the waves for an attempt at surfing in a vain effort to burn calories, the overall impression was of a Teletubby let loose from its burrow for a spot of water therapy.

More chocolate and wine consumed while gazing admiringly at the breathtakingly slim Middleton sisters parading up the aisle has not helped the situation, so I decided it was time to face the truth and stand on the scales.

Accuracy is something I require only in moderation from bathroom scales. A more important attribute is my ability to influence the numbers through the performance of basic bathroom gymnastic movements, including my personal favourite, the dance of the dying swan, which involves my standing on one leg with the majority of my body weight suspended over the floor tiles.

A useful variation includes balancing the upper body on one finger artlessly outstretched to the basin.

Holding my breath and then exhaling sharply is something that I have also found works well. Its success is possibly related to the upward jump I include on the exhalation.

When all three movements are performed simultaneously, provided I haven't managed to skid across the bathroom floor and give myself a nasty injury, in the past I could be almost guaranteed to have the needle ricocheting in the right direction, particularly once I placed the scales on a downward slope, and I could leave the bathroom a happy, if deluded, woman.

Repeated manoeuvres of this type unfortunately had such a detrimental effect on my old-fashioned scales that it was possible to get readings that differed by at least three kilograms within five minutes. My husband, who, in a typical male fashion, prizes accuracy over an acceptable number, bought a pair of whiz-bang digital scales designed to flash the horrid truth in large red numbers. I find the reading does oscillate a bit, to be sure, but unlike my previous trusty scales, only in an upward direction.

I don't require ''the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth'' from my bathroom scales; let's keep that for the scales of justice. I certainly don't need to be presented with what must be an obviously incorrect figure flashing in red for danger - surely blue or green would be a more soothing way to present the grim news? In the meantime, given the new scales are impervious to my gymnastics routine, I've had to include a new musical element comprising shrieks of disbelieving horror.

Catriona Ling

I have to confess to having tried a couple of these moves myself :-) :-) :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handy hints for getting the "Best" from your scales   Handy hints for getting the "Best" from your scales Empty

Back to top Go down

Handy hints for getting the "Best" from your scales
Page 1 of 1