Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

Annoyed by GP's attitude Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annoyed by GP's attitude   Annoyed by GP's attitude EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 7:15 am

Good Luck PriscillasMum. My GP was supportive and suggested I find some online groups to find out more and that's how I found this group from her suggestion. I don't think she knew a great deal about it but is finding out more and right on with the support.
Hope you find a new GP you like Gottarhyme
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Annoyed by GP's attitude   Annoyed by GP's attitude EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 4:06 pm

ROFL - good plan!!!
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Annoyed by GP's attitude   Annoyed by GP's attitude EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 9:30 am

Chrisbychic, I am going to frame it and give it to her when I get to goal!

Janette, can you PM me the name of your Doctor? I am without my regular GP, Dr, Shama Amir anymore as she moved to the South Coast. She was brilliant. She gave me the referral to Doctor Harrison, I really miss her.

At the moment, I just go to any old Doc who can fit me in at KRS Health.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Annoyed by GP's attitude   Annoyed by GP's attitude EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 9:21 am

My GP wanted me to have the band - she'd brought it up a couple of times, and I'd said no, but I decided to check it out ... and so the story goes.
Glad you got your referral, PriscillaMum - you've really got to stick to your guns, don't you? My advice in a situation like that - then give me a referral to the surgeon so that I can get a second opinion!
Gottarhyme - you didn't say so, but I really hope you took that old "prescription" with you and showed it to her!!!
Annoyed by GP's attitude 314562
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Annoyed by GP's attitude   Annoyed by GP's attitude EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 8:21 am

Hi and welcome.

I was the opposite, my GP brought up the subject on WLS, after telling me I needed to do something about my weight!

Pleased you have your referrral, and I wish you well with your appointment.

Annoyed by GP's attitude 217555 Annoyed by GP's attitude 217555
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Annoyed by GP's attitude   Annoyed by GP's attitude EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 8:10 am

I had a GP that did that to me. I took her written prescription, it actually said, 'Eat less and exercise' on the paper, and after crying for about an hour, I threw it in a drawer.

I went to the same GP a few weeks back, for something totally unrelated,and she commented that I looked good. I told her I had a sleeve gastrectomy, and she said without missing a beat, 'Oh good! You will never put the weight on again, it is very successful'.

Burned a smile in her back as she turned away, I can tell you!

Nuts
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Annoyed by GP's attitude   Annoyed by GP's attitude EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 4:47 am

Great to hear you received the referral you needed Priscillasmum.

I look forward to watching your adventure unfold.

Best wishes ...
Back to top Go down
ExBigBoy
ExBigBoy

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Annoyed by GP's attitude   Annoyed by GP's attitude EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 2:07 am

Priscillasmum wrote:
Hi, Great site, I'm so pleased I found it! I've been contemplating having bariatric surgery for some time, but didn't quite fit the criteria as my BMI is 33, however I've now been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and am meds for it, as well as meds for BP & cholesterol. I now fit the criteria! So I asked my GP for a referral to a surgeon to have a sleeve gastrectomy and she was very, very, very against it, and told me all I needed to do was eat less, exercise more and I would loose weight. Very frustrated with this response, so I told her, I had been trying to loose weight for the last 20 years, with now permanent success! She felt having the surgery was a bit drastic, I replied that not having it was drastic and that if I had cancer she wouldn't hesitate! Anyway, I now have my referral and have my apt with my surgeon next Tuesday, so I hope all goes well and he agrees to sleeve me.

Hope you get the outcome you want....... as for the GP, most seem to be against such 'drastic' measures. And it *really* pisses me off whenever some dufus says "Oh, just eat less and exercise more"..... I used to eat bugger all, and exercise was not an option as I had an almost fatal parachute accident which has me in chronic pain from just walking around the house.
Sometimes you just feel like grabbing those "eat less exercise more" morons and smacking some sense into them Annoyed by GP's attitude 833762

Good luck with the appointment.
Back to top Go down
Priscillasmum

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-04-27

PostSubject: Annoyed by GP's attitude   Annoyed by GP's attitude EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 1:50 am

Hi, Great site, I'm so pleased I found it! I've been contemplating having bariatric surgery for some time, but didn't quite fit the criteria as my BMI is 33, however I've now been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and am on meds for it, as well as meds for high blood pressure & high cholesterol. I now fit the criteria! So I asked my GP for a referral to a surgeon to have a sleeve gastrectomy and she was very, very, very against it, and told me all I needed to do was eat less, exercise more and I would loose weight. Very frustrated with this response, so I told her, I had been trying to loose weight for the last 20 years, with no permanent success! She felt having the surgery was a bit drastic, I replied that not having it was drastic and that if I had cancer she wouldn't hesitate! Anyway, I now have my referral and have my apt with my surgeon next Tuesday, so I hope all goes well and he agrees to sleeve me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annoyed by GP's attitude   Annoyed by GP's attitude Empty

Back to top Go down

Annoyed by GP's attitude
Page 1 of 1