Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Timarumum

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-07-12

Annoyed with Southern Cross Health Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Annoyed with Southern Cross Health Insurance   Annoyed with Southern Cross Health Insurance EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013, 7:38 am

I am annoyed, but Southern Cross have denied my claim. I have a BMI of 39 and you have to have a BMI of 40 to qualify, and have a health problem. Gutted. In their eyes, I am too healthy? What?!
Back to top Go down
Jasmellea

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Annoyed with Southern Cross Health Insurance   Annoyed with Southern Cross Health Insurance EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013, 7:54 am

Have you already had the sleeve? and they are now not paying or were you checking if you were covered before you have the sleeve?

If you havn't had the sleeve, did you have a sleep study. It may be worth having one to see if you have sleep apnoea as that would give you a "medical problem" then it would just be a case of putting on a little extra weight to qualify.
Back to top Go down
Timarumum

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Annoyed with Southern Cross Health Insurance   Annoyed with Southern Cross Health Insurance EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013, 8:02 am

No, I just found out a few days ago prior to my admission form. I thought that it was all covered.  All booked in and not backing out.
Back to top Go down
Lioness82

Female
Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Annoyed with Southern Cross Health Insurance   Annoyed with Southern Cross Health Insurance EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013, 8:12 am

Hey, have you had a full medical check? Most overweight people have at least one medical problem
High blood pressure, cholesterol, PCOS, insulin resistance, chronic back or joint pain, sleep apnoea, and the list goes on. If you haven't been checked out properly it might be worth doing so. 

Also have you checked out any other phi? Some might be more lenient and most will wave the waiting period if you have fully served it with your current insurer.

I guess the other obvious thing to do although not something any of us want to do is.......fatten yourself up a bit more, maybe fluid load before a doc weighs you, wear heavy clothes, etc. I know it sound silly but it might all help to bump your recorded bmi up

Good luck I hope it all works out for you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annoyed with Southern Cross Health Insurance   Annoyed with Southern Cross Health Insurance Empty

Back to top Go down

Annoyed with Southern Cross Health Insurance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Private Health Insurance-
Jump to: