AuthorMessage
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Would using a Belly wrap help after Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would using a Belly wrap help after Surgery   Would using a Belly wrap help after Surgery EmptyFri 22 Apr 2011, 7:04 am

Ummmmm..... long time since my children were babies, what a belly wrap?
sass
Back to top Go down
rowdy
Part of the furniture
rowdy

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Would using a Belly wrap help after Surgery   Would using a Belly wrap help after Surgery EmptyFri 22 Apr 2011, 6:33 am

it is nearly 3 weeks post op and I went and bought "spanx" (hope it is okay to mention brands here) pull in's...I needed the largest size but oh my god sooo comfortable once they are on hubby needs to help)...My abdominal flap is heavy at present while I am losing weight and the chiropractor recommeneded it to support my lower back + pelvis as I had been getting pain...
my wounds are nearly all healed so...hopefully it will support back and help with elasticity
cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would using a Belly wrap help after Surgery   Would using a Belly wrap help after Surgery EmptyThu 21 Apr 2011, 8:37 am

Yeah i thought about that with the tummy being so delicate afterwards that it might not be a good idea...
Ur right Gottarhyme probably at ur stage would be a good time to start... I will ask my Dr when I see him on the 10th of June before my op..

Thanks for the reply's ladies :)
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Would using a Belly wrap help after Surgery   Would using a Belly wrap help after Surgery EmptyThu 21 Apr 2011, 8:05 am

I don't think it would be a good idea. Your tummy needs to heal after surgery. I would not put pressure on the incisions as they might be stressed and they might open or get irritated.

However, I am 5 weeks out now, and I am seriously considering pull me in pants to give me a nicer shape while I shrink! I think a belly band NOW would be OK.
Back to top Go down
kaz

Female
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Would using a Belly wrap help after Surgery   Would using a Belly wrap help after Surgery EmptyThu 21 Apr 2011, 8:02 am

Hey Googster

After the birth of my daughter in October I looked at one of those then I got with it. This is me. Also I wasn't sure they made my size. L is like 14 -16

Using after an op like sleeving I would stay clear of them as your going to very swollen and sore and putting pressure on the site doesn't sound like a great idea.

But I could be wrong so ask the Dr he should be able to point you in the right direction.

You soon will see the weight coming off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Would using a Belly wrap help after Surgery   Would using a Belly wrap help after Surgery EmptyThu 21 Apr 2011, 7:31 am

I was wondering if anyone thought that using a Belly wrap would help after Surgery...
Help with the tummy shrinking stage??

Some women use them once they have given birth to help shrink things down.. I just wondered if it would have the same effect??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would using a Belly wrap help after Surgery   Would using a Belly wrap help after Surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

Would using a Belly wrap help after Surgery
Page 1 of 1