AuthorMessage
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Not enough salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not enough salt   Not enough salt EmptyWed 23 Feb 2011, 4:27 am

Check with your GP first, but I find if I cramp or tear muscles it is due to a lack of magnesium. If I cramp and take a magnesium tablet then within a few minutes cramp is gone. You loose a lot of salts and magnesium when you exercise. My partner who is a brickie so very physical, cramps and likewise takes magnesium to help.
Back to top Go down
soulcatcher
Part of the furniture
soulcatcher

Female
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-09-16

Not enough salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not enough salt   Not enough salt EmptyWed 23 Feb 2011, 2:15 am

What about sugar free gatorade or powerade. . . Has electrolytes, but no glucose. I agree that you should check back with your GP - maybe you have strained yourself and you lost muscle mass along with fat.
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Not enough salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not enough salt   Not enough salt EmptyWed 23 Feb 2011, 12:35 am

Protein is the most important thing for your muscles and their repair, particularly if you're exercising. I wouldn't have any more salt until I'd discussed it with my GP.
Back to top Go down
tank

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Not enough salt Empty
PostSubject: Not enough salt   Not enough salt EmptyTue 22 Feb 2011, 10:56 am

I am playing football,and my muscles are tearing and ripping to shreds ( feels like ) . I feel that I'm not getting enough salt in my system. Any tips ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not enough salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not enough salt   Not enough salt Empty

Back to top Go down

Not enough salt
Page 1 of 1