AuthorMessage
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Hi from Salt Lake City, UT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Salt Lake City, UT   Hi from Salt Lake City, UT EmptyMon 27 Apr 2009, 7:26 am

Hi Winatthin, welcome to the forum.
There are quite a few members of the website who have had complications with their lapbands and been sleeved. Generally sleeve= end of problems, so I hope that is the case with you.
Are you Mormon?- you probably get sick of people assuming that because you live in Utah you are one.
My family are all Mormons. I was raised a member but haven't been to church in years. Woops, I lie, my nephew left for a mission 2 weeks ago and I went to his "setting apart" and farewell. Usually takes a wedding or funural or something like that. I'm sure my family are all praying for me.
Enough waffling from me- welcome!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Salt Lake City, UT   Hi from Salt Lake City, UT EmptyMon 27 Apr 2009, 4:22 am

Hi there

I love Utah! I used to work for a company based there and have visited many times. Also my daughter worked as a ski instructor at Deer Valley and we've skied there several times.

It is a beautiful part of the world!

Welcome
Caz
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Salt Lake City, UT   Hi from Salt Lake City, UT EmptyMon 27 Apr 2009, 3:59 am

Hi and welcome aboard.
We accept everyone onto our forum so feel free to look around and ask any questions.
There is also a thread at the bottom of the main page for your country. You might meet up with someone who lives close to you.
I'm a ex bandster waiting to be sleeved too.
Though I have a lot further to go than you. Great idea to get sleeved before the pounds start piling on again. Very clever.

Keep us updated on how you are doing.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Salt Lake City, UT   Hi from Salt Lake City, UT EmptyMon 27 Apr 2009, 2:18 am

Welcome! I am in Brisbane, glad you liked our little town!!

I am only 1 week post-op and I am feeling ok. I am a bit sore today but thats from over doing the house work yesterday!!

I have lost 8.6kg in 17 days, so you'll be at goal in no time!!!

Welcome, have a look around there is so much information to be found in here!
Back to top Go down
winatthin

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Hi from Salt Lake City, UT   Hi from Salt Lake City, UT EmptyMon 27 Apr 2009, 2:05 am

Hi! So glad to have found this forum. I have already found the information useful. I hope it's alright for a Uthan to join. My husband and I lived in Brisbane for 6 months about 10 years ago. My husband is a veterinarian and worked for a surgeon there, while we got to experience your wonderful country. We traveled extensively around a lot of Australia. What a great place! At any rate, I currently have a lapband. I have lost 120 pounds, but unfortunately my band has slipped. This is the second time my band has slipped, the first time it was removed and replaced. The doc says that I am not a good canidate for a third band and recommended that I get the sleeve. I am only 15 pounds from my goal weight. I have gone back and forth about what to do, but I have decided that I am going to go ahead with the sleeve. I was very frightened about the surgery but I'm feeling better about it. I guess I would like some reassurance that life eventaully will be fairly normal again. I've read about some of the complications that people have had and of course it makes me absolutely nervous, since supposedly only 2% of people's lapbands slip and I was one of them. Anyway, glad to know there is forum that I can learn from! Any suggestions or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Salt Lake City, UT   Hi from Salt Lake City, UT Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Salt Lake City, UT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: