Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011???

Go down 
+3
AliKat
sue
mapmar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
qwerty

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-01-03

So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011???   So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? EmptyThu 17 Feb 2011, 1:59 pm

I read this topic this morning before work and also the other one about not reaching goal. I am two years out, started out at 165Kg, got down to somewhere swinging between 109 and 114...and now I'm 119 and feel so damn unconfortable...yet i dont remember feeling this uncomfortable at my heighest weight.

I'be been uming and ahing since the start of the year, tried opti for a couple of days, then tried to exercise but everything I do lacks commitment.

It's late in the evening now but tomorrow I'm going to start a diary, check in daily here.

I knew I had to do something when I found myself trawling the wieght watchers site and considering light and easy full time. I've done both of these in the past with no success, or regain and I had the sleeve so I could avoid that life and now I find myself looking at them So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? 595690

I'm not exactly sure what I will do, probably the transitional optifast stage which is 2 shakes, 2 fruit, a meal and a dairy serve.

I'll look at it all carefully tomorrow, set a goal for a 4 week period ect and start a diary too.

I feel so uncomfortable..thats probably a good thing.

Oh and work has brought in new uniforms which we were fitted for when I was about 113Kg and I got a "just fit" not loose so by end of March, if I dont do something now, I'll be going to work naked. So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? 878453
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011???   So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? EmptyFri 11 Feb 2011, 2:04 pm

Hi all
Well, I have been on Optifast for this past week - failed to keep to the 4 meals a day regime, but had 2 meals a day, then careful choice for lunch, but buggered it up nearly every night with snacks, especially chocolate and cheese, then cake at the end of the week. No exercise either.
However - I have lost 800g - finally got below that 102.4 on the scales that have been peering back at me for the past three weeks!!!
Here's to a better week next week - I am doing 4 weeks of optifast - 1 week supposed to be all Opti, then three weeks of 2 opti meals and a normal meal and a snack.
We will get there!!

Thanks for this thread - we can do it.
Loz
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011???   So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? EmptyWed 09 Feb 2011, 4:59 am

Can't believe what I am having for lunch today - ham wraps minus the wrap! LOL - with tomato, lettuce and onion - wrapped up in the ham! HEHEHHEHE
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: Re: So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011???   So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? EmptyMon 07 Feb 2011, 12:39 am

Well week 1 of sureslim - 500gms lost! I am sort of happy with that as I was not a perfect week with regards the program by any means! It is the most I have lost in months in 1 weeks, so very happy with the result.... BRING ON WEEK 2! Hopefully it will be a better week... less coffee, ummm, well I will try! LOL

How is everyone else going! Not slacking off I hope.... If I can do this... so can you!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011???   So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? EmptyThu 03 Feb 2011, 4:32 am

Just manage what you can. You would still be on clear liquids no doubt. You have the not-so-clear liquid phase, then the mushy phase, then you start to add "real" food. Should take about 6 weeks or so.

I was 100% back to normal within a couple of months I think - but really can't remember.
Back to top Go down
mumof4
mumof4

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011???   So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? EmptyThu 03 Feb 2011, 4:26 am

good to hear, the first day after being sleeved I vomited all day and honestly wished I didn't have it done. now though day 3 I am home and feeling a lot better just tired and not knowing if I am drinking and eating enough as I have no appetite.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011???   So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? EmptyThu 03 Feb 2011, 1:34 am

It takes a few weeks - till you're back on normal food. But the time will be a distant memory I promise you.
Back to top Go down
mumof4
mumof4

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: just sleeved   So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? EmptyThu 03 Feb 2011, 12:50 am

hi there everyone, I am new to this so forgive me. I was sleeved 31st Jan 2011. came home last night. I wonder when u start feeling a little normal.

Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011???   So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 2:48 am

Well done!!! I'm sure it will work.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: Re: So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011???   So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 2:17 am

Well today is day 2 of sureslim.... yesterday was certainly an eye opener with regards the amount of food I use to eat on sureslim and what I can fit in now after the sleeve! I can say it was just and I mean JUST managable. I was so stuffed after eating dinner last night.. 1 piece of steak with 120gms mushrooms and then an apple... well I could only eat 1/2 - 3/4 of the apple before I went NO MORE FOOD!
I still had the "head" hunger last night and told myself to shut up and stop thinking that I needed to snack on something at 10pm at night!
So just to be stupid I jumped on the scales after 1 day and have lost 450gms.... I know it is too early to tell if sureslim will work this time... but am hoping and crossing fingers and toes!
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011???   So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 5:27 am

I'm back there but with a bit of a difference for me.

I am doing protein drinks 2-3 days a week for two meals and one food meal and 4-5 days a week one protein drink and two food meals. I am only working part time at the moment and I found that I tend to overeat after work. I seem to get super hungry and then do nothing but graze as soon as I get home. I have put it down to being more active and being out and about where people are eating lunch and so on. So I have decided for the three days I work I will have a protein drink for breakfast and then lunch and dinner - well balanced and nutritious of course. The two days I don't work I will do two drinks and one meal - I seem to handle the hunger and the snacking so much better during the day at home that I do at work.

I'd rather give this a go than see myself on another Friday ditching the protein drink and then having lunch and then grazing for the rest of the day. As for weekends, I'll stick to the protein drink for breakfast and just take the rest of the day as it comes.

Of course - I simply need to exercise! Can anyone do anything about the heat and humidity though ... I have been bombarded with migraines - I simply can't get enough fluid into me, I try but still struggle with 1 - 1.5 litres a day! It's probably closer to only one litre a day. Even when I sip, sip, sip ... this weather just slams the lid on exercise and I think NSW is a bit milder than some other states at the moment!

I'm just folding the washing, inside in front of a fan and I am sweating up a storm. Hmmmm maybe the local pool and Aqua Aerobics is the go but still, anyone out there who can flick the switch on the weather?!!??!

Good luck everyone ... time for more fluid!

So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? 308167
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011???   So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? EmptySun 30 Jan 2011, 1:35 pm

Well im in as you already know

hugs sue
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011???   So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? EmptySun 30 Jan 2011, 12:27 pm

I am starting my sureslim program again tomorrow - 31st January!
Who is going to join me in restarting the weightloss to finally reach goal!.....
come on and lets make a difference supporting each other through this..... however you want to do it... diet, opti, exercise, whichever way you want....
good luck everyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011???   So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011??? Empty

Back to top Go down

So who is starting off anew tomorrow - 31st Jan 2011???
Page 1 of 1