Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A question for those who have self-funded...

Go down 
+17
bottom28
Andrea11
Bellamarina
overit
Samantha
Slaps
bubbles
cartay
melbell
antsinpants
wendy.stewart54
Keridwyn
Janette
Isis
nickif
kel3182
kmsbj
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-24

A question for those who have self-funded... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 6:04 am

the procedure number for the sleeve is 30518, and no not till next tax time, i know it sucks, but it should be around $1500 back :)
Back to top Go down
danstar
Part of the furniture
danstar

Female
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 5:29 am

Do you know the procedure numbers? I think ill call them too.
Back to top Go down
danstar
Part of the furniture
danstar

Female

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 5:27 am

Wow margd, great photo.
So i cant get a rebate for surgeon fee $8000 till tax time next year?
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 5:00 am

Thats exactly right christinajg87,thats it,thats what i got.
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 3:31 am

im self funded and can only claim $250 back from medicare for the anaethetist, and the rest you just claim on the net medical expenses on your tax return, you get back 20c to every dollar over $2060 or something.
Back to top Go down
danstar
Part of the furniture
danstar

Female

PostSubject: medicare question   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 2:38 am

danstar wrote:
Hi, I know I have read the answe here somewhere....
Anyhoo can any body tell me what I can claim and get back from Medicare? As I am self funding.
fart
Back to top Go down
danstar
Part of the furniture
danstar

Female

PostSubject: money back from medicare   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 2:35 am

Hi, I know I have read the answe here somewhere....
Anyhoo can any body tell me what I can claim and get back from Medicare? As I am self funding.
fart
Back to top Go down
Queenie
Queenie

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyWed 09 Feb 2011, 4:22 am

Wow almost worth flying to Sydney for!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bottom28

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 5:47 am

I can also reveal that I was quoted $9,003 (inclusive) by Oclinic, hence my attendance this evening at the info session. I also took the liberty of making an appointment for Thursday to meet Dr Taylor and suss it out. I understand that his diary is currently open in April if anyone is interested.

Very competitive pricing indeed.
Back to top Go down
Slaps
Part of the furniture
Slaps

Female
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2010-11-30

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 2:16 am

Whats included:

• Surgeon's fee
  • Assistant surgeon's fee
  • Anaesthetist's fee
  • all medical reviews for check-ups (every month for gastric band, every 3 months for sleeve gastrectomy) until you reach your goal weight, then annually for life
  • Free access for additional medical consultations at any time if problems arise.
  • 2 x psychologist consultations (before surgery and again at 6 months)
  • 8 x dietitian and nutritionist consultations
  • fortnightly psychologist-moderated support group access
  • full colour dietary handouts and brochures explaining everything you need to know including recipe tips
  • No out-of pocket costs if you ever need any corrective surgery for your gastric band (provided you maintain your health insurance)

It dose not say Hospital, but i paid $7094 to Dr and i have to pay $909 for hospital and $1000 to Anaesthetist

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SlapsSleeve
Andrea11
Part of the furniture
Andrea11

Female
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:15 am

Hi Bellamarina,

The $9.000.00 did that include the hospital as well?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Andrea
Back to top Go down
Bellamarina
Bellamarina

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptySun 30 Jan 2011, 11:51 pm

Hi

Mine cost just under $9000 and went with Dr David Martin at Strathfield Private

Cheers
Back to top Go down
kmsbj
kmsbj

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptySun 30 Jan 2011, 10:05 pm

WOW!!! Thanks folks. Will certainly be investigating that one a bit more. Cheers for the info. It is VERY much appreciated :)
Back to top Go down
overit

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptySun 30 Jan 2011, 12:31 pm

Hi all,

Im booked in for 11th Feb and used my hubbys super to pay the total amount which was $8615 with Dr. David Martin at Concord

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Slaps
Part of the furniture
Slaps

Female

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptySun 30 Jan 2011, 5:51 am

BMI for concord was over 39 :) FYI
Back to top Go down
Samantha
Part of the furniture
Samantha

Female
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2010-08-27

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptySun 30 Jan 2011, 5:23 am

HI,

I am also self funded through Oclinic. $9003 all up. sounds like we did get out of it cheapest! The main reason being we were self funded private patients in a public hospital. My husband is being done next week also self funded through the oclinic. Dont be fooled by the cheaper price, the service is 100% professional.

I do believe there is a minimum bmi to have surgery at concord, though i cant recall what it was as i was well above it lol

Sam
Back to top Go down
Slaps
Part of the furniture
Slaps

Female

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptySun 30 Jan 2011, 12:36 am

Holly Crap! (Sorry)

I did good than $9003 www.oclinic.com.au Dr Taylor great guy very nice can do it in two hospitals!

I have paid but hoping to get it out of my super!

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
bubbles
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-07-21

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyWed 26 Jan 2011, 11:39 pm

I self funded and had my op here in Hawkes Bay - cost about $17,000 all up.
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyTue 25 Jan 2011, 3:19 am

kmsbj wrote:
if anyone out there had it done heaps cheaper let me know will you, thanks.

On the off chance that you have friends/family in the Cairns area I know that my surgeon quoted about $16,000 - $17,000 when I originally enquired as to self-funded costings. I know he is significantly less expensive than many. Perhaps combining a holiday for you, and surgery for hubby ... just a thought :)
Back to top Go down
antsinpants
Part of the furniture
antsinpants

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyMon 24 Jan 2011, 10:47 pm

kmsbj wrote:
hey antsinpants,
we have considered that option but are unsure as to if they would cover him... he tried once many years ago to get private cover but because of pre-existing health issues they wouldnt cover him for everything and wanted alot for the small amount they would cover him for iykwim... will make some more enquiries but am pretty sure it wont be an option.
cheers

ahh.. that sucks kmsbj!
Good luck - I hope you can find something that will work for you!!!
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyMon 24 Jan 2011, 10:40 pm

hey kmsbj

just a thought i joined medibank private and i had alot of health issues but i dnt remember them asking any health problems that i had and i actually asked them do they cover the wls and they said yes ,so they knew i was planning on using it for that reason.

mel

Last edited by melbell on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmsbj
kmsbj

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyMon 24 Jan 2011, 8:46 pm

hey antsinpants,
we have considered that option but are unsure as to if they would cover him... he tried once many years ago to get private cover but because of pre-existing health issues they wouldnt cover him for everything and wanted alot for the small amount they would cover him for iykwim... will make some more enquiries but am pretty sure it wont be an option.
cheers
Back to top Go down
antsinpants
Part of the furniture
antsinpants

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyMon 24 Jan 2011, 11:55 am

kmsbj - would it not be cheaper to take out PHI for hubby??
I realise he would have to wait another 12months - but I think it would work out cheaper???

~$100/month = $1200 - plus the gap (say $5000) = ~$6200

Worth a thought?
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyMon 24 Jan 2011, 8:04 am

Wow, go Auckland! Waay cheaper up there... I should have done my research! I don't regret spending the money though, it's a good investment in my future.

Hi Keridwyn! If you're still in Chch and would like to catch up pm me :) It would be lovely to meet someone else who had the same surgery here.
Back to top Go down
wendy.stewart54

Female
Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... EmptyMon 24 Jan 2011, 7:46 am

Mine was self funded here in Auckland, New Zealand, and cost $17, 500 all up. Best money I have ever spent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question for those who have self-funded...   A question for those who have self-funded... Empty

Back to top Go down

A question for those who have self-funded...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: