AuthorMessage
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-09

KAL GIRL ... all systems go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyMon 20 Oct 2008, 12:54 pm

thankyou for the congratulations

we'll both be november buddies!

oops, no, you're a late october buddy!
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male
Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyMon 20 Oct 2008, 12:19 pm

Congrats on getting a date so soon, less than a month to go.

Peter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cpapestore.com
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyMon 20 Oct 2008, 10:34 am

thanks jelle

i've just been given my operation date as November 12th at SJOG.

and i now have major ants in my pants! not nervous jelle, they're ants!!!
maybe butterflies!

i want to go pack my suitcase NOW!!

i guess i'll be posting all my comments over to the Diary thread now that i have a date.

and pretty soon we'll both be signed, sealed and stapled members of the GSV club!!
Back to top Go down
Jelle
Jelle

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 3:20 pm

Hey Kal,
Im having my surgery at murdoch too - begning of dec - but with a different Dr.
Whens your surgery?! - sounds like you got everything moving really fast! - I think you know pretty quickly if this kind of surgery is right for you :)
Hope everything goes well!
You'll have to let me know how they treat you! lol - im a little nervous!
x
Back to top Go down
http://www.ellehobson.com
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 2:05 pm

did you know you can claim PATS if you choose to fly there and back, even if it's not medically necessary?

you'll just receive the equivalent of the road trip at 13c per km.

$156 for new clothes lol
Back to top Go down
tracefromspace
Part of the furniture
tracefromspace

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 1:48 pm

Hey there

I was in Laverton for the first time last week - certainly an interesting place.

I am lucky that I am going to Perth for work the day before my op so that things dont have to wait two weeks until I get back. I am happy I get to fly I HATE that damn drive and I fly more than I drive now so the drives seem worse! So I wont claim PATS although some people think I should.

I will go and talk to my GP about a care plan, thanks for the information!

Trace
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 1:43 pm

hey trace

good to have you back...

i actually live in Laverton, but Kal will always be home.

hopefully my careplan explanation gave you enough of an idea of what is involved.

are you accessing PATS? you can apply thru your GP and lodge the papers at the hospital.
Back to top Go down
tracefromspace
Part of the furniture
tracefromspace

Female

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 1:36 pm

I am with you Kalgirl, although Kalgoorlie actually has the highest take up (per capita) of Foxtel of any place in Australia. That tells you heeps about the crap reception on free to air TV.

I havent gotten into survior for a while, I will be in hospital next week so I will have to watch!

Trace
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 12:56 pm

ok, you mob can stop it now...here we only have ABC, GWN and WIN...SBS reception is just a mess of dodgy static.
when we have a power outage, we lose all reception until someone from the shire resets everything which can take a day or so.
everynow and then we lose one station for weeks. last year GWN went down for thirteen weeks and the home and away girls
were getting phone updates each night...sad but true

so you all know what you can do with your digital perth stations and your TiVo and your foxtel don't you? Ranting
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 10:19 am

so that means I can not tell you that I am what 3 eps ahead with amazing race then hehehehe

applesauce
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 9:44 am

lol guys...i love survivor as well....but i must admit i havent got around to watching this weeks episode this week....but i now no who went...lol hehehe ( and no i dont go to bed with fatcat either....just dont stay up that late..lol
What about amazing race that starts tonight also....i cant wait...i love it

Nicole
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 5:32 pm

oh yes we download and watch the US shows, tivo and watch the aussie shows and IQ the foxtel stuff and watch that. live tv whats that never heard of it around here hehehehe

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 3:51 pm

We have a bunch of TiVo's recording our shows FTA & PayTV, so we never need to sit through all the ads.

Never need to watch live TV any more, everything is on our schedule not the TV Stations.

I'm a Fat Cat rebel, I don't listen to his instructions. It would be rare for me to be in bed before 3am most nights ;)

Peter.

PS we're also committed, we even sat though the entire Australian version. We should get a prize for surviving that Survivor!
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 2:22 pm

i bow down and genuflect in front of the saucy one...for she is a true believer lol
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 2:08 pm

oh commitmit is downloading it and watching it before it airs here that is this house hehehehehe

applesauce
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 1:01 pm

sorry pete, but i have very little sympathy if you're not prepared to commit heart and soul to survivor and stay up late lol

now that i know that you go to bed with fatcat i'll try and be a little more discrete next week...

BUT...sould preying mantis chicky get the boot, then i probably won't be able to contain my excitement!

can i pencil you and applesauce in to update me when i go to hopspital?
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 12:47 pm

Hey a spoiler warning would be nice, haven't watched it yet...
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 12:41 pm

your man got shafted apple...i'm struggling to find a favourite now...i want that skinny bug eyed tart to go so badly!

and it's not because she's a scawny little thing...god forbid i'm accused of being 'fatist'

preying mantis' have always given me the creeps, and she reminds me of one in a bikini !!
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyTue 14 Oct 2008, 3:17 pm

oh survivor is a never miss show in this house as well, the daughter and I glue our butts to the seat and watch hehehehe
I want the old bow tie guy to win :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyTue 14 Oct 2008, 1:38 pm

trace,

i was advised by applesauce (when i met up with her and a group of sleevers/bandits during the school holidays just gone)
to get my GP to devise a care plan for my external therapies, and i was able to see her (GP) before my surgeons appointment.

Dr Ahmad has a dietician and a sports physiologist that he likes his patients to see before and after their op. My GP also popped on
the physio in her surgery as an added good measure...just in case

by going on a care plan these extra therapies are covered under medicare, otherwise they would have cost me, without any money back from
medicare, or SGIO health (even tho i have top cover in all areas)

the care plan consisted of my GP filling out what seemed to be a standard form, that listed my morbid obesity, and outlined the goals
i wished to achieve with the dietician, physio and sporto. the GP consult took about 45 minutes, and was bulk billed at $175 straight to medicare by my GP,
even tho she is in a non bulk billing surgery. I have heard that some people had to pay extra on top on top of this when their care plan was devised.
(I might have been lucky,) and then claim the $175 thru medicare.

some people have been knocked back by their GP for a care plan; it helps if you have (if help is the right word) diabetes, sleep apnea
or other complications in conjunction with your obesity. I had none of these, just an extremely sympathetic and kind GP,
who was only too happy to help me in any way she could.

I also took in PATS forms for her to fill out (country patient rebates for travel and accomadation) it's not much back, only 13c per km, but it all helps.

this has been my experience, but no doubt others will be able to advise you of how they got their care plan.

if you want to give me a call to speak personally about any of this, pm me and i'll give you my mobile number. i'm up late tonight cos i just lurve Survivor!
(I thinks it's seeing them all waste away over 39 days lol)

i used to say i just needed to go on survivor, or contract a good dose of dysentry, but then i discovered gastric sleeving!
Back to top Go down
tracefromspace
Part of the furniture
tracefromspace

Female

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyTue 14 Oct 2008, 1:12 pm

Hi All,

This might be a silly question, but what is a care plan?

My out of pocket expenses will also be over $5000 - wish I had read about the no gap surgeons a while ago! Anyway happy with the decision, just have to have a "lean" Christmas this year!

Trace
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptyTue 14 Oct 2008, 1:07 pm

hey chris and pete

thanks for the howdy, i'm loving this site and everyones' friendly outlook.

the optifast has begun, but i'm not feeling the pain yet. good news here in my little town, the chef at the pub quit this morning,
so that means no more meals for anyone, and much less temptation for me! Yay chef!
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptySun 12 Oct 2008, 7:54 pm

Wow that is all happening really quickly.

I'm jealous about not having to pay a gap. I'm on top cover with HIF and I still have pay over $6,000 just for the operation and pre-op assessments with Dr Cohen.

I'm seeing my GP this week, and plan to ask if the post-op dietician can be added to my care plan. But not sure if this is possible as I already am using a careplan for other services.

Peter.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptySat 11 Oct 2008, 7:01 pm

Hi Kalgirl and welcome to the forum
It certainly does seem that everything is going well for you, and I hope that it continues that way.
Best wishes
Chris
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! EmptySat 11 Oct 2008, 12:17 pm

hi apple, shadowmumma and liquefied stars!

thanks all for the welcome notes.

lest you all think i'm a big overexaggerater...i have 183 sick days up my sleeve.

do you think dr ahmad will sign off on a 4 week recuperation holiday in phuket? lol

just when i thought the bloke couldn't be any nicer!

i want his to happen YESTERDAY!!!

i only wish i'd found you all sooner (like 5 years ago) but since i made the initial search 2 weeks ago, it's gone faster than i
could ever have hoped! which is good, cos i find waiting for anything a complete PITA!

it's just meant to be ! YAY, YIPPEE and YAHOO!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KAL GIRL ... all systems go!   KAL GIRL ... all systems go! Empty

Back to top Go down

KAL GIRL ... all systems go!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next