ellbee
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ellbee

Male
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-10-14

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010, 12:23 am

Thanks EmilyG , you are right . After the little disaster I had yeasterday with the pureed soup I have decided I need to slow down a bit as I think I am pushing myself too quickly. Having had many knee operations as I have got older I have come to realise I am a bit of a slow healer , so I expect this is the same case.

Thanks again for your feedback.
Laurie
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010, 11:47 pm

Just FYI but spag bol was one of the things I was craving, and when I tried it after a couple of weeks it was disaster - many people can't tolerate meat for 4-6 weeks postop or more. Just make sure it's super thin if you try it!
Back to top Go down
ellbee

Male

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010, 8:09 am

Sounds like you are going well (I'm a bit jealous lol). I can't get through 200ml of optifast at one time but I can manage about 100ml ok ( I do make mine with 300mls of water though as I found 200ml too thick).

The pain is a lot better today as I have really backed off how quickly I have been drinking and this has helped a lot. I am about to try a veg & lentil soup the dietician gave me , smelt nice cooking it let's hope it tastes as good. Oh well all being well this time next week we should be on the verge of being able to "TRY" some minced food , never realised how I would look forward to a couple of tablespoons of spag bol ha ha.

Keep well mate & talk soon.
Regards
Laurie
Back to top Go down
Paul Jenkins

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-07-16

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010, 6:31 am

I am doing OK with the wind but my wife will tell you it Pains her no end.

As far as consuming liquid I am doing OK. I am finishing the normal 200 ml of optifast in about 20 minutes. I am a little surprised that it doesn't take me longer but I am certainly not going to complain.

Colleen has been pureeing up a storm so its 2 x Optifast of a day and a Puree delight for dinner.
I certainly look forward to a different flavor by days end.

Look after yourself my friend.
Back to top Go down
ellbee

Male

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyMon 27 Dec 2010, 11:27 am

Too right Paul. Are you having any issues with "Wind" pain as I seem to be still experiencing some. It may however be I was drinking too fast & too much , I have reduced the amount each time to 100ml & taken it a bit slower & that seems to help. My son will be back at his Mothers tomorrow so I will not have to go through the agony of cooking food for him lol.

Must say the thought does pop into my head from time to time of "Missing" food but I'm sure this is only because I am on a liquid diet & as time passes this will hopefully diminish.

How are you going on consuming 1500mls of liquid per day. I seem to manage it ok just have to remember to drink regularly.
Keep up the good work mate , talk soon.
Back to top Go down
Paul Jenkins

Male

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptySun 26 Dec 2010, 10:02 pm

Good news all round it seems. Discretion took precedence over valor and I am staying away from the kitchen when any cooking is taking place for a couple of days.I have been very fortunate and not required any pain relief once off he Morphine.

I am really happy with everything else though.

It is still the best decision you and I have made for quite a long time.
Back to top Go down
ellbee

Male

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptySun 26 Dec 2010, 6:09 am

Good to hear Paul, Yeah I found the Morphine made me feel a bit nauseous but since it has stopped that has gone away. Had a bit of a concern regarding constant discomfort/pain under my ribcage so sent a text to my surgeon who said it was not uncommon & just keep up with panadol & make sure I am drinking plenty.

Have to say I cooked some snags on the barbie for my son last night & man did they smell good , cant wait for the next 2-3 weeks to pass to be able to put something solid into my mouth.

Good luck
Regards
Laurie
Back to top Go down
Paul Jenkins

Male

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Feeling Great   Now I'm nervous EmptySun 26 Dec 2010, 5:10 am

Sorry it took me so long to respond sir.

I am feeling great now. had a little trouble with the Morphine making me feel sick but I got home about 11.30 yesterday and feel great now.Once John took me off the Morphine I felt better every minute.

When i started Optifast I was 130, I weighed myself today and i am 120. It

looks like we are both headed in the correct direction.

GOOD TIMES AHEAD MY FRIEND.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptySat 25 Dec 2010, 2:39 pm

I ate quite a lot of Degas for at least a week postop. You can also get pain if you're drinking water - doesn't go down well for most people early on - add some cordial or something to it. I found cuppa soups with chucks strained out were awesome postop - the warmth was relaxing on my tummy and the taste made you feel like it was more "food" than drink..
Back to top Go down
ellbee

Male

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptySat 25 Dec 2010, 8:26 am

Thanks Realme hope you have a Merry Chrissy as well.
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptySat 25 Dec 2010, 6:19 am

yay your home!!! what a great chrissy pressie. Great to hear you are doing well. Hope you have a relaxing day. Merry Christmas xxx
Back to top Go down
ellbee

Male

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptySat 25 Dec 2010, 3:22 am

Hi all, Just got home feeling good , a little sore but pretty good none the less. Feeling very happy with the decision to be sleeved & I have already lost another 3kg (down to 125.9).
Just one question did others find the discomfort from "Trapped air" hang around for long as I am still getting a bit of pain when I drink or is this more about the stomach being very tender.
Paul , how did it all go mate hope you are well & on the road to revovery.
Thank you to everyone who responded to my questions & helped me overcome my fears you were all an enormous help.
Regards, Laurie
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 7:14 pm

All the best Elle, you will be ok.

Rest up and its a good thing youre feeling calm- means youre ready!
Back to top Go down
ellbee

Male

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 6:50 pm

Well this is it waiting to be picked up to go to hospital. Feel quite calm about it now all will be good hopefully. See you all on the other side LOL
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 12:35 am

I'm nervous too (op next month) but the way I figure it, we'll be eating like models (eg Elle MacPherson, etc) as they would never over eat! And look how exciting their lives are! Ha! We may not end up looking like them, but at least we'll have something in common with them!
All the very best to you,
Kris.
Now I'm nervous 65317
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 10:37 pm

yes absolutely i was scared beyond belief - it was my first surgery (except for a caesarian and that was only a spinal block)

but... coming out the other side and 25kg down, size 24 - 16 in 4 months
was it worth it?

HELLS YEAH!
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 10:20 pm

When I woke up the morning of the surgery I was nervous, the first time since I had made the decision but as soon as I got to the hospital the nerves disappeared in an instant and I was back to excited and calm.

Just go with the flow when it comes to your feelings ... everything will be fine.

Lots of hugs!
Back to top Go down
ellbee

Male

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 9:59 pm

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I'm sure I will be fine.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 8:50 pm

Wishing you well with your surgery Ellbee.
Don't be nervous, be excited. Now I'm nervous 217555
Back to top Go down
Paul Jenkins

Male

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Together   Now I'm nervous EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 8:48 pm

Big day for us both tomorrow.
Ill touch base in a couple of days and compare.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 3:02 pm

It will be a big change. Almost all the changes will be for the better, especially after you get past the 3 month mark. And, you will have solved one of the problems you have been dealing with for so long.

Zoe
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 1:59 pm

Its normal to feel a bit scared i freaked out wen i went into the theatre was fine till then bawled my eyes out so they put me out quick was just nerves have neva regreted my decision to be sleeved really

Sometimes i think i want to eat more but hey get over that quick and you will be fine and im sure yu will help others out once you have been sleeved and can give your feedback on your journey and wat a journey it is

Good luck im sure everything will be fine

hugs sue
Back to top Go down
ellbee

Male

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 12:45 pm

Thanks Realme , I know you are right just the self doubt demons looming larger & larger at the back of my brain. The support other sleevers show on this website is fantastic and I hope I can show the same support to others in the months & years to come. Thanks again for your reply.
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 11:38 am

ellbee, remember why you are doing this, and all the things you will gain not lose.
Your life will be different, positive, and healthier in so many ways!
You will be stronger physically, mentally and emotionally. hang in there mate you are a stronger person than what you are giving yourself credit for. You can do this, you are doing it!!!
Back to top Go down
ellbee

Male

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 11:06 am

Ok feeling seriously nervous now as I get sleeved on Wednesday. Just had a nice dinner at my Sisters & couldnt help feeling sad that it has come to this. I'm sure it is for the best & I will look back this time next year & wonder why I was so stressed but cant help feeling this way anyway. Did others get last minuite "Jitters" like this & if so how did you overcome them to stop yourself from backing out (not that that is an option I am seroiusly thinking about).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Now I'm nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now I'm nervous   Now I'm nervous Empty

Back to top Go down

Now I'm nervous
Page 1 of 1