AuthorMessage
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

First Appointment on Dec 1st Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Appointment on Dec 1st   First Appointment on Dec 1st EmptyMon 22 Nov 2010, 8:01 am

Hi Mer,

Firstly I am so sorry for your loss, it can't have been easy on you.
Secondly this is such a wonderful decision that you have made. Can I suggest that if you suffer anxiety, get everything pre planned in advance and that will help a lot. I did that and got ready really early and dealt with the hospital etc in advance. Then all I had to do was show up on the day and go to my room to get into the hospital gown. I always find that I panic if I don't know what is coming but am fine if I am fully aware of what is coming next.

If you need someone to talk to sing out.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: First Appointment on Dec 1st   First Appointment on Dec 1st EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 6:41 pm

Hi Mer and welcome to the forum.

Wishing you well with your first appointment and journey.

Cheers Jan

First Appointment on Dec 1st 217555
Back to top Go down
Mer

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: First Appointment on Dec 1st   First Appointment on Dec 1st EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 12:21 pm

Thank you so much everyone for such a warm welcome.. First Appointment on Dec 1st 217555

I suffer from Anxiety Disorder so I am hoping I can keep myself in check throughout the whole pre op process.. I am not too worried about the op itself, just the MASSIVE life change I am about to embark on.. Although I am worried about it all, I am sooo excited and soooo ready to start my new journey..

I have only told my family and a 2 of my closest friends...One of which is not that supportive but the rest are MORE than supportive so I feel very comfortable about my decision.. and it is JUST that! MY decision.. I am doing this for my health and so I can be around longer for my beautiful kids.. My sister passed away from cancer at the age of 38 (my current age) leaving behind 4 wonderful children.. I have seen what they have had to go through over the last 6 years and I don't want my own kids to experience what they have..

Thanks again for your kind words..

Cheers
Meredith
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: hello from spoggy   First Appointment on Dec 1st EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 11:55 am

Hello Mer, welcome. It is exciting to have your appointment on the first of December. There is a lot to take in but just take your time. I started off wanting a band then after seeing the doc decided on a sleeve. My sleeve is 5 weeks old now. I am very glad I had it done.
Congratulations on doing something about your health. Don't let anyone tell you that you are ding the incorrect thing. Just for their support. First Appointment on Dec 1st 446871 You are being proactive. Well done. Look forward to see you on the chat section. First Appointment on Dec 1st 63412
It can be daunting the thought of surgery but these days they have it down pat and you are extending your life. That is important. I was excited and scared, but knew that there was going to be a new me emerging. Exciting for you too.
Back to top Go down
Bezza
Bezza

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: First Appointment on Dec 1st   First Appointment on Dec 1st EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 10:29 am

Hi Mer and congratulations on making the decision to have the surgery. First Appointment on Dec 1st 446871

I too have never had surgery as an adult and have little idea what to expect other than what i have read about here or watched on youtube. The whole going to hospital, dong paperwork, worrying about what to take, then worying about the surgery itself is quite natural. Your not alone by any means.

as the others said there is lots of info here on the forums, ive found it quite usfull in preparing for my surgery which is next week. Ironically i am more worried about the my admission into hospital than anything else. lol. But i go to a pre-admission this Friday where lots of stuff gets sorted out before the big day. If your worried about the logistic side of things you might want to see if you can do a pre-admission.

I am sure you are in the best of hands.

Good luck & Welcome

Cheers

Bezza

Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: First Appointment on Dec 1st   First Appointment on Dec 1st EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 9:20 am

Hi Mer

Welcome and congratulations of organising the sleeve! You will love it!
Just thought I would also let you know about the get together we are having this Saturday night... you are most welcome to join us. There are heaps of us who have had the sleeve over different lengths of time...... you can come and ask heaps of questions if you like....
Let me know if you would like to come as i will PM you all of the details!

Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: First Appointment on Dec 1st   First Appointment on Dec 1st EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 7:50 am

Hi Mer and welcome to the site,

Congratulations on your decision to have a sleeve, I had mine in Feb this year and am still blown away with the changes it is helping me bring to my life. Good luck with your appt on the 1st, here is a link to a thread in the "Pre-op" section: Questions for the surgeon which will give you some suggestions.

Have a good look around the site, there is a lot of great information here to help you along the way. Here are some links to get you started: The Diaries are a fantastic resource, and the Pre-op & Post-op sections will be helpful too.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works, and if you want to put a ticker in your signature the instructions are there.

If you can't find answers to your questions, ask away :-) there is sure to be someone about to do their best to help and support you.

Cheers - Carrie :-)
Back to top Go down
Mer

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: First Appointment on Dec 1st   First Appointment on Dec 1st EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 7:06 am

Hi everyone..
I have my first appointment with my surgeon on Dec 1st.. I am super excited but also terribly scared.. Other than my wisdom teeth, I have never had surgery before...
I am booked in with Dr Harsha and have been told by many that he is wonderful.. I know I need this surgery as I have been battling obesity for almost 20 years now and I no longer have that kind of fight in me.. :(

If anyone has any tips or things I should ask my surgeon, it would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Appointment on Dec 1st   First Appointment on Dec 1st Empty

Back to top Go down

First Appointment on Dec 1st
Page 1 of 1