AuthorMessage
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Hi there from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Sydney   Hi there from Sydney EmptyWed 07 Apr 2010, 1:25 pm

Congratulations Marcia,

You won't look back.
I too was Sleeved by Dr Talbot.

I will be sure to keep watching your posts as I do with all Dr Talbot's patients.

All the best on your journey
Max
Back to top Go down
bristlenose52
bristlenose52

Female
Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: My first appointment   Hi there from Sydney EmptyWed 07 Apr 2010, 11:50 am

Hi all
Yes, I went for my first appointment today. I have detailed my travels in my diary which I just started a few days ago. But, basically, with a BMI of 50.5 the doc said I definitely qualify for whatever surgery I felt was right for me. I now have an appointment for the surgeon on 19 April for some detailed discussion. Also will be slated in for the psych and the nutritionist. I'm on the way!
I appreciate all your wonderful support
Marcia
Back to top Go down
bristlenose52
bristlenose52

Female

PostSubject: never too old   Hi there from Sydney EmptyTue 06 Apr 2010, 12:16 am

Thank you all for your encouragement. So I won't worry about that anymore.
I will post again after my Wednesday appointment.
cheers
Marcia
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Sydney   Hi there from Sydney EmptyMon 05 Apr 2010, 10:09 pm

I had my sleeve done just before I turned 60 - just over a year ago - and am now below the goal I set.

Never too late!!!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Sydney   Hi there from Sydney EmptyMon 05 Apr 2010, 8:29 pm

Hi Marcia

Never too late to be sleeved, I turn 57 this year.

I was sleeved because of my health, like you arthritis everywhere, pain 24/7 in my back, hips, knees and feet and I could no longer work full time. I needed Wednesdays off work to get over Monday and Tuesday, so I could go back and work Thursday and Friday.......OMG I can't believe ones life can get so out of control. Hi there from Sydney 595690

From the beginning of the school year, I went back working full time, plus I am nearly pain free (off all my pain meds) and I am walking an hour 6 mornings a week. Who would have thought I would be doing this!!

You can see my stats below. I am so happy and I LOVE MY SLEEVE.

Good luck with your appointment and journey.

Check Shannon's Rollercoaster page 2 of the dairies, she was sleeved to same time as me and Dr Talbot was her surgeon.
Back to top Go down
bristlenose52
bristlenose52

Female

PostSubject: Surgeons   Hi there from Sydney EmptyMon 05 Apr 2010, 1:13 pm

Thanks, Carrie and Vicki
I did read the diaries and found lots of supportive posts about Dr Talbot and St George Private. That has made me feel relieved about my doubts for my Wednesday appointment.
Marcia
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Sydney   Hi there from Sydney EmptyMon 05 Apr 2010, 12:38 pm

Hi again,

Quite a few of the Sydney folk have had Dr Talbot and I have only heard good things about him. Have a look at the Diaries, you'll probably find more.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
newlifestyle888
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Sydney   Hi there from Sydney EmptyMon 05 Apr 2010, 11:32 am

Hi and welcome I have heard lots of good things about Dr Talbot and St George Private is a fantastic hospital. I had my op at that hospital done by the super competent Dr Jon Jorgensen.

Vicky
Back to top Go down
bristlenose52
bristlenose52

Female

PostSubject: surgeons   Hi there from Sydney EmptyMon 05 Apr 2010, 11:22 am

Thanks all for your reply. I am most concerned about choosing the best surgeon for me. In an earlier incarnation, I was a nurse and am aware of the wide diversity of skills and talent out there. I have an appointment with one of Dr Talbot's team on
Wednesday. He is at St George Private Hospital. Does anyone know anything about this team?
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Sydney   Hi there from Sydney EmptyMon 05 Apr 2010, 4:25 am

Hello and Welcome Bristlenose,

No, it's definately not too late :-) If you look around this great site you will meet a lot of us who around your age or older. The changes that the sleeve will bring to your health and life will knock years off how you feel too. I only had my op in February but am already feeling so, so much happier and healthier.

Like you, I could never feel comfortable with the idea of the band, but from the moment I heard about the sleeve I knew it was the right thing for me, and so far it certainly has been.

I had my op done by Dr David Martin at Concord Hospital and can't recommend either more highly. Who are you seeing?

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
OLD Mark
Sponsor
OLD Mark

Male
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Sydney   Hi there from Sydney EmptyMon 05 Apr 2010, 4:14 am

Welcome to you both....please dont be afraid to ask us anything, we are in the same
boat as you....and most of us did our "homework" before having the op done. Do just that...talk to as many
of us (those that have had it done) as you can...it is a big (positive) life changing decision.

There is one factor (for me) that has been a real head spinner....I now never think about food & I am never hungry...
I can see & smell food but do not crave it...however, when I put it in my mouth it still tastes great...it is just that I am
full soooo much quicker.

OLD Mark
Back to top Go down
http://www.livingwithgrief.info
bristlenose52
bristlenose52

Female

PostSubject: Hi from inner western Sydney   Hi there from Sydney EmptyMon 05 Apr 2010, 3:38 am

Hi all
I am keen to find out all I can about the gastric sleeve too! I am 58 this year and hoping it's not too late to get this done. I am going for my first appointment this Wednesday and hope the doctor is amenable to the sleeve. I don't want to be banded; I have read too much bad stuff, and I don't want the restriction of having to have the fills. I also want something permanent. I am keen to find out who people are going to in Sydney to have the sleeve done. I am around 130kg (heaviest ever) and can't exercise much anymore due to arthritis in my feet and hip problem.
Bristlenose52
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Sydney   Hi there from Sydney EmptyWed 31 Mar 2010, 12:11 pm

Hello and welcome.

Your no orphan on putting on weight after the removal of a band. I put on 10 kilos over a 7 month period. Read as much as you can on here, its a fantastic site full of great information. Check out the gallery of photos for even more inspiration.

Hi there from Sydney 217555
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Sydney   Hi there from Sydney EmptyWed 31 Mar 2010, 11:27 am

Hi and Welcome Ummaleah,

You should be able to find a lot of info to help you with your decision. I have found the help and advice I have been offered by other members invaluable.
I had my sleeve op on Feb 12 this year and couldn't be happier with how it is going so far.

Don't be afraid to ask anything, there will always be someone who can help.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
ummaleah

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Hi there from Sydney   Hi there from Sydney EmptyWed 31 Mar 2010, 11:02 am

Hi,

I am an x banderess after horrendous problems over a 2 year period.

I am looking at the gastric sleeve and bypass as the next step in my weight loss journey.

I lsot 50 kilos with the band had band removed last October and since then have put on 20 kilos.

It seems to have simply slipped on no matter what I have eaten very scarey.

I have come to this forum to investigate the sleev and its benefits and disadvantages.

My private insurance kicks in 3rd November 2010 and thats when i have to make my decision.

Thank you for this forum and I will be around.

regards
UmmAleah Hi there from Sydney 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi there from Sydney   Hi there from Sydney Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi there from Sydney
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: