AuthorMessage
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

Surgery cost if not in a health fund Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyFri 23 Nov 2012, 6:32 am

Hi Nadine

Another Greenslade girl here.

I just posted some prices under Surgeons for Justin. PLEASE DO NOT HAVE THE BAND

Hope it helps

Val
Back to top Go down
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyWed 21 Nov 2012, 12:53 pm

Hi Val, loving your new profile pic! Woo-hoo!

Good news on my band front...doc is taking it out on the 8th of January. Can't wait :)

debs
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyWed 21 Nov 2012, 3:02 am

dooben

When I first did my Homework for prices I was absolutely shocked. I think I went with cheapest Surgeon in Brissy.

When are you having your Band out. (Hope its before Xmas)

Val
Back to top Go down
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyThu 15 Nov 2012, 4:50 am

I am shocked at the different hospital/surgery costings...how can they be so different! Thankgod i have PHI....just need to convince my doc to take my band out now.
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyThu 15 Nov 2012, 3:28 am

hi jupiterbite there is another thread all about the endocrinologist for concord if you have a geeze.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptySun 04 Nov 2012, 4:07 am

With oclinic, self funding you pay $9033 all up,thats if done at concord public as a private patient,if complications happen its reverts back to medicare to cover anything.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter
Jupiter

Female
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2012-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyFri 02 Nov 2012, 8:22 am

Mine is costing me 14000. It's with Dr Fadil Khaleal in Holroyd hospital. I'm wondering whether I should look at Craig Taylor now though! So much cheaper. What's involved when it comes to getting approved by an endocrinologist?
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyFri 02 Nov 2012, 6:46 am

deany123 wrote:
Hi, Im looking at getting a Sleeve with Dr Daoud at Greenslopes in Brisbane. My appointment isnt for another 2 weeks and i was wanting to try to find out the cost involved?

i had an appointment with Dr Adib at the wesley and he recomended the Band which im REALLY not wanting. the cost of the band was going to be just over $20,000.

Any info would be appreciated.

thanks Nadine

Hi Nadine,

Make some enquiries with Dr Greenslade at Greenslopes.
AWESOME surgeon, super helpful & knowledgeable receptionist and reasonable prices.

Dr Greenslade - 3324-0015

I don't think the 2 surgeons you have mentioned are all that affordable with their costings.

Cheers
Tara
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyThu 01 Nov 2012, 11:53 pm

Glenmaree - not good about lawyers :(

Nadine - if you are going through a private hsopital and have complications it will cost alot more than $20k. If it is a public hospital you won't spend more. I got PHI because of this, wanting the extra yr goes by very quickly anyway and an opportubnity to work on preparations
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyThu 01 Nov 2012, 10:48 pm

Hi Nadine

Costs vary according to the hospital, surgeon, gas man and length of stay - your surgoen wll have some ideas and you can contact the hospital direct for their cost.

G
Back to top Go down
deany123
deany123

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyThu 01 Nov 2012, 10:04 pm

Hi, Im looking at getting a Sleeve with Dr Daoud at Greenslopes in Brisbane. My appointment isnt for another 2 weeks and i was wanting to try to find out the cost involved?

i had an appointment with Dr Adib at the wesley and he recomended the Band which im REALLY not wanting. the cost of the band was going to be just over $20,000.

Any info would be appreciated.

thanks Nadine
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female

PostSubject: not hijacking   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyTue 18 Sep 2012, 8:55 am

Hi in

Thanks for the compliment - just wanted to let you know also that I went to the law firm you recommended and they wouldn't touch the case as all the complications I had/have are listed as possible side effects. Goddamn stinks because he could do it to someone again!!

G
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyTue 18 Sep 2012, 8:49 am

Chelsea - I'm keeping my phi as I'll be nipping and tucking. i dont you have to keep phi after surgery. just make sure the bills are paid.

Glenmaree - how hot are you? You seem to be smoking the scrren, absolutely gorgeous
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female

PostSubject: $174.000   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyTue 18 Sep 2012, 8:37 am

Under no circumstances would I undertake this kind of surgery without private health unless you are approved by the public health system to have it done . My complications including ICU and extended hospital tay cost my health fund $174,000. My out of pocket close to $10,000 and I am about to have another go with a bypass. Self fundng is fine and dandy so long as you have text book experience.

G
Back to top Go down
Chelsea.88
Chelsea.88

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyTue 18 Sep 2012, 6:07 am

I have a bit of a weird question, Has anyone cancelled their private health insurance after having the sleeve? just curious. or does your PHI required that you stay a member for a number of years before canceling membership. would be interesting to know.

Cheers =)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/chelio.c88
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 8:57 am

just remember if you are self-funding and you have any complications your bill will increase significantly. It is worth waiting the yr and getting PHI. It also helps get you into a great mindset
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 7:56 am

crap thats alot
Back to top Go down
katie B
katie B

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 4:16 am

Christinajg87,
Your pricing sounds great. this is a break down of mine in Townsville at the Mater Hospital I have no idea of Medicare rebate yet.

Dr Sam Baker $7,700.00
Anaesthic $1,624.00
Hospital $15,00.00 3night + a night in ICU if needed

Gastroscopy $178.00
Anesthetic $375.00
Hospital $405.00

Dietitian $80.00
Sleep study $55.00 with medicare rebate ($285.00)
Psychologist $120.00

Total $25,537.00

And im not sure if there will be anything else
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 1:31 am

Hi Katie B,

Mine is only costing me $9033. Luckily Dr Craig Taylor has a discounted procedure through concord hospital, its a longer processed where by you have to be approved by an external endocrinologist at the hospital, but that is not too difficult.

Costs for patients without private health insurance for the Gastric Sleeve:

Program Fee: $7094 (Surgeon, assistant surgeon, 8 dietitian visits, 2 psychology visits, lifelong follow up)

Anesthetist: $1000 ($250 rebate from Medicare)

Concord Hospital: $939 (as a self-funded private patient in Concord hospital based on a 3 night stay)

Total Cost: $9033
Back to top Go down
katie B
katie B

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 12:50 am

im booked in to have mine in sept 2021

Gee prices must have gone up a hell of a lot..
i dont have PHI and with all the quotes back its going to cost me just over $25,500.00

hmmmm is it worth it? YES i think it is.. still a heck of a lot.
Back to top Go down
Rosey_W
Rosey_W

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyThu 06 Oct 2011, 12:48 pm

My surgery quote is $4,500 plus $1,000 anethetist (*spelling) and $12,000 hospital. Lucky I have PHI that covers most of the hospital (I have a small excess). I will get just of $800 back from Medicare and PHI. Not bad really.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptySun 25 Sep 2011, 12:13 am

overit wrote:
Hi all,

Im not in a health fund and i will be requesting early release of super.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me how muchthe Sleeve op is approxiamtly if not in a health fund??

Hi i am going for my first appointment on wednesday with Dr taylor and i don't have insurance as yet,so i will be paying to have it done myself,its costing $9033 hope that helps thats at Concord hospital
Back to top Go down
alice.r
alice.r

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyFri 23 Sep 2011, 2:52 am

Hiya, I'm due to be sleeved in November this year (2011). I have no private health insurance. Not sure what the go is through medicare but I do know mine is costing around $9000 out of pocket to get it done privately. It's worth noting that the hospital is a public one doing a deal, and this has subsidised the rate substantially, usally it is a lot more I believe. We could never have afforded this sort of money, however I have gotten it released from my super so I'm almost $0 out of pocket.

A lot of red tape, but if you have super then it might be worth looking at. I could not have afforded the surgery without the super money.
Back to top Go down
fat_blaster

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyThu 22 Sep 2011, 8:44 am

hi,
im considering having lap band or lap sleeve but my only concern is cost...im 24 and 120kg with multiple issues such as epilepsy, lumbar spine scoliosis and idiopathic intracranial hypertension (being blamed on being overweight) now my meds for epilepsy don't help as a major side effect is weight gain and i've been one the same med for 21yrs.

im also not in a private health fund as i am unemployed and can't afford it.
my family and i think i would benefit more from lap band or lap sleeve than regular diets like weight watchers and lite and easy.

i do karate weekly, do aquarobics weekly as well so i try to exercise but i'd be more enclined to go for a walk if i could not end up with such a sore back or knees.

is there anyway medicare can cover the surgery or a massive portion of it at least??
Back to top Go down
kamerungagirl

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-09-21

PostSubject: Cost of surgury   Surgery cost if not in a health fund EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 6:41 am

Hi, I am new to this site, but have had my surgury about 3 years ago. A friend of mine is now looking at having it, and can anyone let me know what it costs to have it done. Maybe a price with medibank private and if you dont have insurance at all. She lives in Cairns too, and finding it hard to find a surgeon as well. Can anyone help me please Surgery cost if not in a health fund 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surgery cost if not in a health fund   Surgery cost if not in a health fund Empty

Back to top Go down

Surgery cost if not in a health fund
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Medicare Assistance-
Jump to: