AuthorMessage
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

The first surgery of my life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The first surgery of my life   The first surgery of my life EmptyMon 22 Nov 2010, 8:08 am

Hi and welcome,

Most of us find that it isn't a terribly painful surgery at all.
I had a little gas pain that you get from the anesthetic but was sleeping on my stomach in a week and on my side pretty much straight away. Can't be too bad if you are doing that.

Have some degas with you it never hurts and because the gas builds up in the shoulders I walked pretty much as soon as I woke up and rolled my shoulders. If you have an other half a little shoulder massage helps and even if it doesn't it feels good LOL

Good luck.
Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Sweetbee703
Part of the furniture
Sweetbee703

Female
Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: The first surgery of my life   The first surgery of my life EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 11:36 am

Welcome to the GSS and congratulations on starting this amazing journey viralamazon

As myeverest said it really does'nt feel like i had a major abdominal surgery just over two weeks ago! I am back at work and everything is feeling just so normal except that i am eating very very less and it is kind of awkward still for me as i am only new to my new tummy!

As for getting some insight into the others stage wise, its a good idea to look at sleevers monthly section and i suggest you look at people's progress starting from october sleevers so you will have feedback from someone who is one week out (novembers) to upto 8 weeks out (octobers) and you will have a vague idea of where you might be at each stage! You can track these guys(from monthly) in the diary section to get a deeper idea of where each sleever is if the monthly did'nt have much about all of them.

You are very young and i believe it should be much much easier for you (i mean the recovery!).

Anyhow all the best and keep us posted on how you go!

Last edited by Sweetbee703 on Tue 16 Nov 2010, 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammatical errors!)
Back to top Go down
viralamazon
viralamazon

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The first surgery of my life   The first surgery of my life EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 11:02 am

Thanks Julie,

Thanks for adding me to the November list. And I'll check out everything I can on the site. Now it's just a waiting game. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you too.
Back to top Go down
JulieM
JulieM

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: The first surgery of my life   The first surgery of my life EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 10:53 am

Hi Viralamazon,
welcome to the support group , You are having surgery the same day as me so I have taken the liberty to add you to the sleevers monthly section for November.
There is lots of info in the post op section to though have a good look around as I haven't found a question that I couldn't get the answers from on this site.
Good luck
Back to top Go down
myeverest
Part of the furniture
myeverest

Female
Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The first surgery of my life   The first surgery of my life EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 10:24 am

Hi viralamazon,
welcome to the site and congrats on your decision to be sleeved.
I was sleeved just over 2 weeks ago and life pretty much has returned to normal with the exception of how much I can eat now.
As for waking up after the op, its not so much pain that I felt but rather it was uncomfortable. Also they keep up the pain relief pretty well during those first 24 hours.
but the pain for me anyhow was bearable and was up and moving around within the 24 hours afterwards.
Its not the greatest feeling in the world but the discomfit does go away rather quickly. Honestly for me I can't beleive that i've even had an operation.
Anyhow, thats my experience.
I wish you all the best....not too long to go now.
Back to top Go down
viralamazon
viralamazon

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: The first surgery of my life   The first surgery of my life EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 9:48 am

Hi,

I was trawling through the web, looking for information and a support group, and this wonderful site seems like both rolled into one. I have never had surgery for anything, ever and I am anxious about this upcoming 'event' in my life.

I'm scheduled for a lap sleeve on the 23rd of this month. I've been asking all the relevant questions, but I would just like to know, how does it feel after waking up from the procedure? Is the pain bearable? I have a substantial threshold of pain, but I was still wondering. And also, how soon can I resume my life? If anyone can provide insights into these questions, I'll be very grateful.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first surgery of my life   The first surgery of my life Empty

Back to top Go down

The first surgery of my life
Page 1 of 1