BingoButt
12 posters
AuthorMessage
BingoButt

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-11-02

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE BEGINS AT 40   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 EmptyFri 06 Nov 2009, 12:08 pm

Hi Everyone

Made it to my first appointment whewwwwwww what a relief, saw Dr Michell's assitant who gave me lots of forms to fill in about my history and family history of illness's and being overweight...

I always find those questions kinda funny well some of them, there was a particular one today where the question was aimed at diciphering whether the candidate had problems with ulcers and reflux..the question was "Do you have troublle swallowing" Could'nt help myself could I so the answer they got was " I wouldnt be in this mess if I did" HEHEHEHEEHEH

My daughter and I had to have a laugh and find the lighter side of things, but the questionaire was great and really helps them see an overall picture I guess.

So my next appointment is Dec 8th, in the meantime they have given me some fasting blood works to do (we all love those don't we)

So once I get those done and see Dr Michell on the 8th he will give me the appontments to the dietician,respitory physician and pyshc - Bet I'll give him a run for his money ahhahhaah...

Am hoping I'll get all this over in December and be ready for surgery January..The assistant told me I had to do 2 weeks optifast before the surgery which is good..and YES I did be brutally honest and admit to smoking a pack a day.

I weighed in at 130 kilo's today, I figure if I can lose at least 10 of them before surgery it be really good.

I think I'm going to start off with Mini Goals even though I would like to end up at atleast 65 kilos this time next year....I'm probably asking a bit to much but that's me...

(( HUGS ))
BingoButt
Back to top Go down
Donski

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-08-30

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE BEGINS AT 40   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 EmptyFri 06 Nov 2009, 4:37 am

It was 3 months from my initial appt to my surgery. I think I was a little unfortunate though in that he went away for a month in that time and I had to wait til he got back. You will most likely be done sooner. Mr. Michelle does mostly bands obviously and was a tad hesitant to sleeve me (not 45 mins worth though - don't worry). His main point was that the research after 10 years is scarce. But he was happy to be guided by me and I REALLY wanted the sleeve over the band or the bypass. Good luck, keep us informed.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE BEGINS AT 40   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 8:43 pm

Good luck with your appointment today BingoButt. LIFE BEGINS AT 40 217555

OMG yes, I would have thrown something at the GP.
My GP referred me for a lapband, but after the seminar and another visit to her, told her my decision to be sleeved, and she was so supportive.

WTG Allie no machine or snoring.........

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 446871
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE BEGINS AT 40   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 8:32 pm

Hi Bingobutt

I also turned 40 this year and was sleeved 3 months ago. I have lost 31 kgs and I feel great (I still have a lot to lose).

I found out I had severe sleep apnea 1 month before my sugrery and required a CPAP machine. I am happy to report that i no longer need the machine and I no longer snore.

I had my first appointment at the end of May and surgery in first week of August so was lucky I only needed to wait two months. The time goes very quick.

Let us know your appointment goes
Back to top Go down
BingoButt

Female

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE BEGINS AT 40   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 1:30 pm

Hi Again Everyone and Thanks you for the Warm Welcome!!

It's just after midnight and I'm real excited as I get to see the surgeon today for my very first appointment to see if I'm a candidate for the surgery.

Yesterday I popped into my local GP to get the referall to Ian Michell and my doc actaully pissed me off a tad to be honest. I sat there for nearly 45 minutes while he kept saying why do you prefer to have your stomach cut out than the lap band, and I'm like "I really want something thats set and done,don't want objects and tubes in my bellly and worries on fills and this or that"

Then after 45 minutes he's like well I really don't know anything about this surgery, I felt like taking my shoe off and hitting him over the head with it.

Fancy sitting there trying to convince me to have lap band when you have no idea about other options,quite bloody annooying if you ask me.

Anyway after all that and alot of eye rolling from my daughter who was like "is he gonna shut the **** up or what. We finally left with the referal thank god.

So, I'm still up hoping Mr Ian Michell has a really nice sleep tonight so when he see's me later today he says "right how bout surgery next week" LOLS

That's how keen I am and want to stay that way...

OH to top it offf my daughter's 17th birthday is on Monday so we went shopping today and brought a whole heap of beautful clothes.... She made my day when she said "well mummy think of it this way.....in 12 months yu be able to wear these so I wont have to throw anything out no more".....Cheeky but she's made a valid point and I can only dream of it coming true at this stage.

Don- hope your doing well after your surgery with Mr Michell, Can you let me know how long you waited from your first appointment to your actual surgery date...I am such an impatient person once I make my mind up about something...

((HUGS))
BingoButt
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE BEGINS AT 40   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 9:17 am

Welcome Bingobutt... Love it!!! You have found the most fabulous site..... in the world!!!! Also the most fabulous procedure you will ever have.... I haven't had it yet and I can say it as there are soooo many happy people on here who have had the sleeve and done so well afterwards..... bring it on I say.... looking forward to hearing how you go after seeing the surgeon!
Back to top Go down
Donski

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-08-30

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE BEGINS AT 40   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 8:57 am

Hi Bingobutt. I was sleeved by Ian Michelle 2 weeks ago now at the Epworth. The first week wasn't that flash, not so much from the pain of the op, but the anaesthetic and pain meds made me feel quite woozy.

Now I feel great physically and have lost 7kgs since the operation. I'm able to eat some mushies but really don't have much hunger most of the time.

No complaints about Ian thus far and no complications with the op. Good luck with it. Let us know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE BEGINS AT 40   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 8:02 am

Hi BB,
Welcome to the site.
I am almost 10 weeks post op and have yet to find a down side.
The weight just keeps coming off bit by bit, the energy just keeps picking up (actually if I go any faster I am gonna leave skid marks), the pain in my knees has all but gone. In my opinion I am looking pretty good in jeans already AND I have just started to throw out the tents that I used to call shirts because they are so big now that they are falling off my shoulders and I can't keep them on anymore.

Oh almost forgot, my feet don't hurt all the time anymore.
In closing (sounds like a meeting ha) I hope that you get the date for surgery really fast because all the above and probably more is just over the horizon for you.

Big hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE BEGINS AT 40   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 2:55 am

BingoButt.....love the name,
The 40's are a great decade to be in I personally think 44 is a wonderful age!
But age aside , having the sleeve, even if you have a few side effects or slow recovery is a fabulous thing, would've been nice to have a few years earlier but hey I didnt look into it till now so obviously wasn't ready yet. I too haven't had to take any diabetes meds since my operation day!!
Cheers and good luck Friday with your appointment!
Linda :)
Back to top Go down
mum23

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-10-23

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: life begins at forty   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 9:12 pm

welcome welcome, you have just entered this best place for info, to meet and greet others whom either have started or just begining their journey ........ its SO SO exciting, yeh ha bring it on LIFE BEGINS AT 40 542174
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE BEGINS AT 40   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 7:51 pm

Hi Bingobutt and welcome to the forum.
Like you, I also wanted surgery yesterday LOL.

Unfortunately its a bit of a waiting game.

I have already started on my journey, while I wait for surgery.
Making lots of lifestyle changes, like exercising, eating healthy smaller meals, getting a head start with my weight loss. Just knowing that I am having the surgery has me so pumped. LIFE BEGINS AT 40 314541

Enjoy all the fantastic reading in the forum.
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE BEGINS AT 40   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 1:29 pm

Hi Bingobutt (gotta love your username!!)

Although the most exciting part of this journey has been shopping for new clothes & trying on old ones again; the most rewarding part has been the improvement to my health - less snoring, walking up stairs without clutching my chest or the railing, not falling into a coma after work every day. Its the increased energy that really makes this worthwhile.

I'm 18 mths off 40 and I look forward to a new healthier decade ahead.

Good luck with your journey, I look forward to reading about you finding a date and taking the next step, cheers, Kat
LIFE BEGINS AT 40 217555
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE BEGINS AT 40   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 12:32 pm

Hi and Welcome Bingobutt,

Hopefully you will get a date soon for your op , I had type 2 borderline insulin diabetes havent had a pill since the day after my op my bloods are fantastic no more sleep apena or snoring no more high cholestral im very happy my health is so much better
Hope you have the same results as me wen you have your op I will enjoy reading your diary and following your journey

Cheers Sue LIFE BEGINS AT 40 63412
Back to top Go down
leah
leah

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-09-16

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE BEGINS AT 40   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 12:06 pm

Hi

goodluck with your appt, In regards to your medical conditions the surgery can only help improve these, I am also 40 and having my surgery tomorrow 03/11 - I am so excited now and I am really looking for to the "life begins at 40" lol. LIFE BEGINS AT 40 542174

If you know that you are ready and have done your research then you should have your Doctors support all the way.

Goodluck and I am looking forward to reading more of your journey

warm wishes
Back to top Go down
Fatboyslim
Fatboyslim

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-10-29

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: Life begins at 40   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 10:29 am

Hi,

I had the sleeve a week ago. Nothing had prepared me for how FANTASTIC this experience is. (mind you - I only found this site several days ago - I believe that these guys would have prepared me!!)

I too have apnea (I believe I will overcome this in time) and ditch the machine!! I have other medical conditions which will improve. (some are improving already)

we paid for it. Believe me, it was hard parting with the cash, but BLOODY WORTH IT, All my family have noticed a difference - not just weight loss, but my mood has improved, my outlook has improved.

Bingobutt - Don't delay - GO FOR IT. Your doctor will tell you the risks, thats his job. but all of the good things that will happen will out weigh the risks!

Don't be frightened. This WILL change your life.

Best of luck
Fatboyslim
X
Back to top Go down
BingoButt

Female

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: LIFE BEGINS AT 40   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 9:57 am

Hi Everyone

I thought i'd introduce myself , I been looking around the site for aabout a week now reading all the fantastic and inspirational stories. It has certainly made me lean towards the more positive side of having the surgery.

I am 40 I'm from Melbourne and I guess my journey has begun somewhat. I have my first appointment to see the surgeon Ian Michell on Friday, I am kinda nervous but more scared of actually telling the doctor everything else thats wrong with me, and even more scared he's going to say I can't have the surgery.

I am 5'1 weigh 128 Kilos - I' a type 2 diabetic, sleep apnea, heart problems, and alot of fluid retention in my legs due to the fact I am on the pc working about 10-14 hours a day.

I really hope this happens fast for me as mentally I know I am ready, after reading and reading for the last 3 years about weight loss surgeries.

I will be self funded as I have no insurance, so i am actaully hoping the doc will 1. approve me to have the surgery and 2. have it done yesterday....

Look forward to sharing and recieving any words of wisdom from you alll

Hello
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE BEGINS AT 40   LIFE BEGINS AT 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

LIFE BEGINS AT 40
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: