AuthorMessage
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets    Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets  EmptyMon 22 Nov 2010, 7:48 am

LOL Gary don't worry about the lasagna, you will get to it soon enough.
The funniest thing that I did after surgery while still on liquids and knowing that I couldn't have anything else was to lick a chop.
Sure I know that it isn't considered and icecream but seriously it was fantastic and gave all the girls on here a really really good laugh.

Keep going you will be fine, I have more energy and love for life at 51 than I have ever had in my life. It is well and truly worth it.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets    Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets  EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 7:53 pm

Hi Gary, welcome and congratulations on your decision.
As already shown in the responses here, you are now amongst friends, people who understand your struggle and your decision. I am only a newbie too, but already my life is improved so much, not only in weight dropping, but in getting off medications, in feeling more in control, in confidence in myself, and in enjoying MY life again.

All the best wishes for your recovery and your continued success.
Ozzieloz
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets    Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets  EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 5:55 am

Congrats Gary and welcome to this side...lol...you are right every day gets better and better until every day is the best.....
Nerida
Back to top Go down
Garry62
Garry62

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Zooming ahead :-)   Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets  EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 4:08 am

Yes everyday gets better.
112.5 KG today all the smells in the kitchen are pretty hard to take especially the
very very large lasagne my wife made today.
Made my Optifast a little less appetising.
I'm very pleased my my decision no going back.
Dr David Martin is highly recommended nice guy and a expert at what he does.
I appreciate all the nice words on this forum.
Cheers,
Garry
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets    Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets  EmptySat 20 Nov 2010, 9:45 pm

Congratulations Gary,

My sleeve was the best decision I ever made, they are 3 kilos you won't see again.

Good luck with the journey.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets    Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets  EmptySat 20 Nov 2010, 11:59 am

Congratulations Garry,

Great to hear you're doing well. Take it easy, even though you've only got little scars, you've had a major operation. Be gentle with yourself, rest and recuperate, and accept all the looking after you can get :-)

Cheers - Carrie :-)
Back to top Go down
Garry62
Garry62

Male

PostSubject: Re: Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets    Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets  EmptySat 20 Nov 2010, 6:12 am

I was done on Wed late afternoon.
Back home now and I feel pretty good.
No regrets!!
Down 3KG already :-)
Kindest Regards,
Garry
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets    Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets  EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 11:52 am

Welcome Garry,
Congrats on an awesome decision, you are going to love the sleeve......and yes sometimes people who have never struggled with their weight have no understanding of the effects it can have on you.... and if i had a dollar for every time someone has said to me (since i was a young teen) "you can do it with diet and excersise...it's easy" i would be swimming in the cash....but as i always say yes the losing weight is the easier part it's the keeping it off that is hard.....usually every kg comes back with it's best mate to continue their party..on your thighs, hips, butt, stomach etc etc......just smile and say mmmmm and then move ahead with your own decision.......good luck for wednesday and wishing you a speedy recovery....
Nerida
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets    Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets  EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 8:34 am

Hi Garry and welcome,

Congratulations on your decision to be sleeved and congratulations on choosing the best ever surgeon :-) David Martin did my sleeve op at Concord hosp in Feb this year (and repaired a hernia for me last Thursday at RPA). He really is fantastic. As I've said before on this site (and even to him, LOL) I'm sure he sprinkles a little bit of fairy dust before he seals us up 'cos the sleeve he gave me has made me so, so happy. I am more fit, healthier, happier, and a lot smaller... and the ride isn't over yet. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

Have a good look around the site, there's a lot of great info here to help you on your way. Here are some links to get you started: The Diaries are an excellent resource and the Pre-op & Post-op sections should both be useful too. Along with the November Sleevers section where you'll find other of members who are at the same stage as you.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works and if you want to set up a ticker in your signature, the instructions are there.

If you can't find answers to your questions, ask away :-) there is sure to be someone about to do their best to help and support you.

It's lovely to meet you, and I look forward to talking to you more around the site. All the best for Wednesday.

Cheers - Carrie :-)
Back to top Go down
Cazza
Cazza

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets    Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets  EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 7:56 am

Hi Garry,

I am only seven weeks out and at this stage I would definately do it again! I wish I had done it earlier. You are the only one who knows what it is like to try over and over again only to have the weight slowly creep back on, it is not a cop out it is a positive step to having a healthier life. Not many people know that I have had the sleeve as most of my friends have never been in my situation and would not understand how depressing it can get. I told the ones that will support me - not the ones that would give me grief. Good luck, hope all goes as well as mine has!
Back to top Go down
butterfly girl
Part of the furniture
butterfly girl

Female
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets    Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets  EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 7:45 am

hi Garry,

it is a personal decission. one that only you can make.

would i do it again?
you bet!!!

it is hard when family is not on your side. i would respond that it's my life, and i need to ba able to live it. not just exist.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets    Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets  EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 7:22 am

Have no regrets.... don't listen to other people, they do not understand what is like to go through what we go through with our weight... they all say - just diet and exercise..... yeah that is fine, but the problem we have is keeping it off....
Take care - you will love the sleeve - absolutely no regrets here and would do it again in a heart beat!
It definitely is not a cop out, you are taking the healthy option! Go for it!
Back to top Go down
Garry62
Garry62

Male

PostSubject: Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets    Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets  EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 7:15 am

Hi everyone,
Garry here in Sydney due to have the op in 2 days time.
Family member calling me telling me to go to the gym and that this is a cop out.
I'm 116Kg been going to the gym personal trainer 3 days a week weight has not moved too much although I'm much stronger for it.
My weight has gone up and down 3 times from 120Kg to 80kg and back up to 116kg in 10 years.
My wife can eat anything she likes and stays 50kg , just amazing!!
Do you have any regrets ?? Would you do this again?
Great to see this support forum.
Scheduled for 17th Nov 2010 at Strathfield private Hospital with Dr Martin.
Ive had a lot of problems sticking to the powered diet drink horrible stuff.
Thanks,
Garry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets    Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets  Empty

Back to top Go down

Keen to go ahead family is worried. Do you have any regrets
Page 1 of 1