Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
queenbee
queenbee

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Eating too much? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Eating too much?   Eating too much? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 10:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Im in my 4th week and eating purees. I feel hungry within the hour of eating and it's actually stomach hunger!

Is this normal? I feel like im eating too much and sometimes think did i really get sleeved?

I think im one of those 'hungry' sleevers! Eating too much? - Page 2 595690

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
whirlingdolphin

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Eating too much?   Eating too much? - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 2:21 am

queenbee wrote:

Im in my 4th week and eating purees. I feel hungry within the hour of eating and it's actually stomach hunger!

Is this normal? I feel like im eating too much and sometimes think did i really get sleeved?

I have just finished my 4th week and OMG i hear you, i was hungry ALL the time and i felt like i was eating alot.
in 4 weeks i have lost 14 liko's, so the start of my 5th week i weigh myself and i have put on .4.... i was absolutely gutted, but i know it was because i was eating to much because i was hungry all the time. i didnt think it was possible to eat to much... boy was i wrong. so i dont have a solution to your problem i just wanted to let you know your not the only one. Is it normal? who knows... im on the 3rd day of my 5th week and im still hungry, but what i can tell you is that i have cut out all the snacks and i only eat 3 meals which has helped alot because alot of my hunger was not drinking enough water so now that i dont have snacks i just drink, but i also gave up smoking 9 weeks ago ( woohoo to me ) so i suck suger free eclipse mints all day every day i think they have like 18kj or something like that sucking them helps my hunger maybe you could try something like that and i also found that if you are really really hungry even just a bite of something is enough to make the hunger go away.
Dont worry i think " did i really get sleeved" all the time as i had no internal pain at all when i ate.

this is what i ate yesterday
breakfast -single serve of porridge.. probably ate about 3/4 of it maybe less
lunch- a rice cake with spreadable tuna and a slice of cheese
dinner - mashed roast vegies... ate about 3/4 to 1 cup
and water water water every few days i might have a flavoured water ( alot of sugar i know.. about 20gms per bottle, naughty ) and some times i have a diet cordial i also have half a coffee with 1 equal and skim milk i only have half because it usually goes cold and i have to tip it out. I dont know if this is to much or not enough, but as long as i drink water im not getting to hungry.

I know this is probably not going to help you much, but atleast you know your not the only one that is hungry all the time. LOL
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Eating too much?   Eating too much? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 11:10 pm

Looking at what you have eaten for the day, besides the Up & Go and yoghurt there isn't much protein in anything else you are eating.
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Eating too much?   Eating too much? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 10:19 pm

I agree Applesouace, try purreed chicken or cottage cheese, worked a treat for me, I still find , 10 weeks out that if I eat the heavier foods, like meat, cheese etc I fill up quickly but can snack easily on cruskits, yogurt etc so I always try and have a meal - all be it a little one!

Good luck!

Janelou x
Back to top Go down
queenbee
queenbee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Eating too much?   Eating too much? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 1:05 pm

Will try your advise!

Similiar experience to you and your husband; my brother got it done 2 weeks before me and he is easily full with only half the amount of what im having!

Thank you so much applesauce!

Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Eating too much?   Eating too much? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 1:00 pm

Those amounts are on the larger side but not on the oooooooo there is something wrong. When you go to more substational mushies the amounts will go down considerably.

You can try a simple thing to see if you actually are hungry and it is not just reflux which usally shows itself as hunger about an hour after you have eaten. when you feel that hunger try chewing a couple of chewable quick ease wait a couple of minutes and see if you are still hungry. If the hunger has gone then you need to see your GP or surgeon for reflux meds. BTW the quick ease will probably only make the hunger feeling go away for a VERY short time as it is an extremely low dose kind of reflux meds unlike the kind your GP or surgeon would give you.

If the quick ease has no effect at all I still would not be concerned until you where moving out of the mushie stage as that is when stuff stays in your stomach. You are still on puree which is very liquid and some people can just let that move though with ease. My husband was like that could consume a hell of a lot but when he went to very solid mushies he went so far backwards to such tiny little amounts. He was infact eating less than me by a mile until about 12 months then he again caught up to me. I was sleeved 2 weeks in front of him.

Even now he can down an iced coffee 3 years out and me GAH a few sips and I am full. Just how liquids work for some.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
queenbee
queenbee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Eating too much?   Eating too much? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 12:41 pm

Im not taking any medication.

This is what I had today..

Breakfast: Up and Go
Morning tea: Single serve of berry yoghurt, then about 30 min later had a mug of cup a soup.
Lunch: Mug of red curry soup
About 1 hr later had another single serving of berry yoghurt
Afternoon tea: had a regular chai latte
Dinner: Cup of pumpkin and vegetable soup
Then had a glass of mango juice
And now i feel hungry again!

Has anyone else been on similiar amounts of food in week 4? Or is this just normal
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Eating too much?   Eating too much? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 12:01 pm

saying you are eating to much cant get you any helpful advise,
things you need to say is exactly how much and what it is your eating say for 24 hours include drinks in that. you also need to state what if any reflux meds you are taking how long you have taken them and if you take them properly as in every day without fail.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
SaraG

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Eating too much?   Eating too much? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 11:47 am

I too get the same. I'm worried that I eat too much too :(
Back to top Go down
queenbee
queenbee

Female

PostSubject: Eating too much?   Eating too much? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Oct 2010, 10:19 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eating too much?   Eating too much? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Eating too much?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: