AuthorMessage
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Alcohol tastes different!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alcohol tastes different!!!   Alcohol tastes different!!! EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 11:29 am

I've got no problem with fizzy drinks...

The alcohol I listed below - I mean sticking to one type for the night - I don't drink that whole lot in one night lol.

I can drink Diet Coke in a glass from the bottle, I haven't tried straight from a can or 600ml bottle because it tends to be fizzier than in a glass. I haven't actually tried any other soft drink TBH, as I never drank a lot of it pre-op anyway.

I would maybe try a couple sips of a fizzy drink before you go to see if you do okay with it... But even so, you should be alright as the spirits in the cocktail flatten most of the fizz.
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol tastes different!!!   Alcohol tastes different!!! EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 10:36 am

So you guys can stomach fizzy drinks? I've been too paranoid to try, but plan to go out in a few weeks and have a cocktail... but planned to avoid the fizzier options. Should I be okay to at least give a fizzier cocktail a go?
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol tastes different!!!   Alcohol tastes different!!! EmptyWed 26 Oct 2011, 9:09 am

When I first tried a glass of wine a couple weeks out from surgery I wasn't that keen either..

Now I can quite happily drink the entire bottle (over the night), can now stomach around 4 - 5 beers, and have no problem in drinking an entire bottle of spirits mixed with ice & diet coke...!
Back to top Go down
Jag
Jag

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol tastes different!!!   Alcohol tastes different!!! EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 10:02 pm

Loved my red wine but now its ghastly!Can drink a glass of savvy but takes an hour or so.Gin and diet lemonade tastes nice and refreshing.Maybe a good thing my alcohol taste has changed!!Over indulged in the previous life!LOL.
Back to top Go down
smeggles
smeggles

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2011-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol tastes different!!!   Alcohol tastes different!!! EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 8:45 am

Just coming back to update my experiences.. Alcohol (wine) is tasting better now it doesn't taste so much like vinegar anymore!! YAYAYAY
Now i can enjoy a small glass with friends. Funny though i don't have the same need for it now!! I sit on one glass for ages!!!!!

Fizzy drinks are just ok.. i don't indulge much and i usually only have a few sips before it is enough... Food is fine thankfully my sweet tooth has not returned!!

Back to top Go down
smeggles
smeggles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol tastes different!!!   Alcohol tastes different!!! EmptySun 02 Oct 2011, 3:25 am

Hmm so it does effect some peoples tastes.... OMG i love asparagus too haven't actually had any recently might have to try it and see...

Apart form the alcohol, my taste for coffee has diminished... i can drink it but only occasionally i certainly do not crave it anymore.....
fizzy drinks don't work for me yet either....

i will keep track of my changing taste buds...
Back to top Go down
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol tastes different!!!   Alcohol tastes different!!! EmptySat 01 Oct 2011, 4:14 pm

Don't drink (don't like the taste or effects), so cannot comment on that. However, I have completely gone off avocados and asparagus! Used to love both; now they taste like sh*t.
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol tastes different!!!   Alcohol tastes different!!! EmptySat 01 Oct 2011, 1:53 pm

certainly cant stand anything ive tried yet, not wine but other things
Back to top Go down
smeggles
smeggles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol tastes different!!!   Alcohol tastes different!!! EmptySat 01 Oct 2011, 1:42 pm

hi i am opening up this discussion again.....

i am recently sleeved 5 weeks now. Went out with my husband who just returned from an overseas business trip.
We decided to go out and celebrate anniversary/birthday and of course my recent weightless....
The meal was fine but unfortunately our favourite bottle of wine just tasted terrible too me.. LIKE VINEGAR!!! my husband said it was beautiful but for me i just could not stomach it!

I tried a couple of sips and ono change at all....

Of those who said that red wine tasted like vinegar does your taste for it come back>???
It is my wine of choice and occasionally i drink gin and tonic but i really want to drink red wine again for those special occasions....
It really tasted terrible my husband enjoyed the wine and i just stuck to water... :(

Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol tastes different!!!   Alcohol tastes different!!! EmptySat 16 Oct 2010, 2:40 am

Hey Max, I know I don't need it, but nice to have a glass of wine now and then!!!

Kylie, I am craving salt, like popcorn- still like chocolate, but doesn't talk to me and if i eat crap, then I can't fit dinner in. Twiggy sticks are great for me - I am always on the go, and 1 of them fills me quick and they are good protein if a bit fatty!

Janeloux
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol tastes different!!!   Alcohol tastes different!!! EmptyFri 15 Oct 2010, 11:55 am

Ah, you don;t need it anyway!!!!

Max Alcohol tastes different!!! 217555
Back to top Go down
cocoloco
Part of the furniture
cocoloco

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol tastes different!!!   Alcohol tastes different!!! EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 12:44 pm

Hi Janelou :-)

Oh no that's terrible! LOL - I am a red wine drinker too and it still tastes the same to me.....maybe your taste for it will return?

Coco x
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Alcohol tastes different!!!   Alcohol tastes different!!! EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 10:01 am

Hi all,

I thought I would have a change in my tastes post -op, but nothing, it all still tastes good!!

Except for Alcohol!!! I was a red wine drinker and now it tastes like vinegar, and it's not the wine, because I have bought white wine, chilled Rose, and red wine, and all the bottles are sitting there half full!!! (3/4 actually!)

Has anyone else experienced this?

Janelou x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol tastes different!!!   Alcohol tastes different!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Alcohol tastes different!!!
Page 1 of 1