gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

Stuff tastes weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff tastes weird   Stuff tastes weird EmptySun 07 Aug 2011, 1:21 am

I used to LOVE baked sweet potato, now it makes me throw up.

Chicken is the same, unless it is dark meat, and THEN only a little. I can't eat bread at all, but I can eat cake! Go figure!
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Stuff tastes weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff tastes weird   Stuff tastes weird EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 7:07 am

The surgeon said to me that I may not love some foods any more, and I may not love food full stop. But we are not meant to love food, it's fuel, it does a job. Eat it because it's fresh and good (those still taste good to me) and eat for wellbeing - see it as a task, not a pleasure. There are other things to take pleasure in life :)

If you think of it that way, you may not mourn certain food, but simply use it for getting on with life. A much freer way to live - don't stress it! Stuff tastes weird 217555
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
kellyjmiddlebrook
kellyjmiddlebrook

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Stuff tastes weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff tastes weird   Stuff tastes weird EmptyThu 04 Aug 2011, 12:36 am

YES ME TOO!!

My taste buds have completely changed and trying to work out what I like now is bewildering! As a coffee addict for 15 years I came out of the op a green tea and milo drinker. I hated orange juice and now love it and I love the taste of lamb and I haven't eaten it since I was 7 and watched my pop slaughter the lambs on his farm. I don't have any idea what I like anymore, but am trying to make it a bit of a novelty by trying new things and indulging my once stubborn taste buds.

My only advice is experiment! You are exploring the new you, see what you can indulge in now and what tastes you can create. Take it as a novelty, otherwise you might go a little batty like I felt for the first few days!

Good Luck!! Stuff tastes weird 542174
Back to top Go down
kimmykat30

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-08-03

Stuff tastes weird Empty
PostSubject: thanks   Stuff tastes weird EmptyWed 03 Aug 2011, 11:09 pm

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully this will go away soon. :-)
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Stuff tastes weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff tastes weird   Stuff tastes weird EmptyWed 03 Aug 2011, 10:41 pm

Everything tasted very sweet when I was first sleeved, but that didn't last long...LOL!!

I have no problems, can eat and drink anything.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Stuff tastes weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff tastes weird   Stuff tastes weird EmptyWed 03 Aug 2011, 10:21 pm

Yep Ihad the same problem. I no longer have that issue.
Back to top Go down
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

Stuff tastes weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff tastes weird   Stuff tastes weird EmptyWed 03 Aug 2011, 9:38 pm

Hi

Yes - I do, too. I find most things have a sweet taste - even savoury. Sweet shakes are the worst - they taste like syrup.
Back to top Go down
kimmykat30

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-08-03

Stuff tastes weird Empty
PostSubject: Stuff tastes weird   Stuff tastes weird EmptyWed 03 Aug 2011, 6:32 pm

Hi All,

4 weeks post op, started stage 3 diet last week, soft foods, etc. I am discovering food and water tastes really weird to me. I used to love water and drank a gallon a day, room temp, ice cold, didn't matter. Now I am having trouble getting 30 - 40 oz in a day. Tastes off to me, even filtered water.

I used to love juice and fresh pineapple, now both burn like crazy, even diluted. I know they are acidic but this seems over.

I feel like I am living on sugar free popsicles, egg whites, and lean deli chicken. A lot of my favorite foods taste off to me. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it "normal"? Will it go away?

My husband had his sleeve done last year and he is eating almost everything he had before and has lost 110 pounds. He never had these issues.

Thanks,

Kim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stuff tastes weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff tastes weird   Stuff tastes weird Empty

Back to top Go down

Stuff tastes weird
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: