Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Barefoot
Barefoot

Female
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2013-08-09

Anyone else doing the C25K? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyThu 01 May 2014, 8:56 am

I tried this once before. But hubby put the kibosh on that when he wasn't happy with the area we lived in. We have since moved and I think I am ready to start again. I am going to wait a week or so as I still don't feel 100% after surgery yet. Maybe next week.
Back to top Go down
Lexiswan
Lexiswan

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2013-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014, 9:16 am

Yeah Bumbles, cross trainers are just as hard as running I think! but kinder on the knees and ankles. I think you would need to pick an intensity for the 'running' bit, and less intensity for the 'walking' bit.

I am thinking about doing the C25K....I don't want to use the excuse of waiting until I'm lighter, because I know in myself that I would just delay and delay and delay...

I've always liked the idea of running (the romantic jog...not blue in the face, stitch in the side, sweating like a pig jog I imagine will be my attempt). But haven't done any running since those cross country fun runs in school.

I have a lot of self-doubt and fear when it comes to exercise :/ But...I surprised myself in overcoming my doubts and fear to get the sleeve, so who knows! Maybe I am a runner lol :)
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014, 6:57 am

I like the look of this for when Im a few months the other side, but I have a crosstrainer, not a treadmill - should still be the same concept?
Back to top Go down
shoeberry

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2013-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014, 5:56 am

I started this program this morning. Let me just start by saying I have never been a runner. Ever. 
Walking, not a problem, I can go for miles. Running? No, just no. 

To me, the definition of an oxymoron is the term 'fun run'.

So, someone on the sleevers monthly thread mentioned this program, and I thought I would give it a go (she says with much trepidation). I am on holidays at the moment. Monday, nah, can't be bothered. Tuesday, same. Woke up a 6.45am this morning, and actually felt like getting up and doing it. I am soooo not a morning person, so this worried me. I probably should have checked for fever and hallucinations, and gone back to bed. 

But I got up, dressed in gym gear, threatened hubby not to laugh at me, and got on the treadmill with the C25k phone app. 

5 minute warm up walk  - all good. 

60 second jog. 30 seconds in, going well. 40 seconds in, not so good, last 10 seconds, stumbling, wobbly legs, going to die. Slow down to walk. Thank God. Repeat. 

Managed 15 minutes of this. Day 1 is supposed to be 20 minutes. Who are they kidding? 

I do not expect to complete this program in the 8 weeks. I think I will need two weeks for each week of the program. 

But I will keep going.......and use this thread as a bit of a diary for it if that's ok. Feel free to ignore my ramblings.
Back to top Go down
Graceful

Female
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2014-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014, 12:58 am

I have been thinking about starting it for weeks! Must get back into exercise- one week away and it's hard to go back to routine.
Back to top Go down
Graceful

Female
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2014-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014, 12:58 am

I have been thinking about starting it for weeks! Must get back into exercise- one week away and it's hard to go back to routine.
Back to top Go down
scaredycat93

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2013-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014, 11:04 pm

Well, I have evidence that the smaller you are, the easier C25K is... I used to have massive trouble with day 1 week 1. I would have to walk in the running part. Started yesterday again and stayed on track. Really want to continue as I would love to be running 5km by the end of it!!!
Back to top Go down
scaredycat93

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2013-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014, 10:15 am

I've been inspired to start this again... I started it ages ago and gave up. Definitely going to go clean off the treadmill and give it a go. Anyone interested in joining me and updating on this forum. Will start tomorrow as I need to clear things off the treadmill after the little one goes to sleep.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptySat 01 Feb 2014, 7:11 am

Hiya Waiting,

I have been toying with the idea of the C25K FOREVER but continue to only toy with the idea.
I'm totally scared of the pain (I am soooooo sedentary) and of being the fat lady waddling down the road and that I'd probably fail at it.

But somewhere deep inside of me I REALLY want to run !

Where abouts in Brissy are ya ??
Eeeeeeek just imagine if we were close enough to train together !!!!!!!!!!

I'm in Bowen Hills area.

Tara
Back to top Go down
Waiting4mymoment
Waiting4mymoment

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014, 10:51 am

Just an overdue *bump* to this topic.

Anyone been doing C25k lately??

Would really like to start the process with someone as a movement buddy! :)
Back to top Go down
Curvychick71
Curvychick71

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2012-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptySat 02 Feb 2013, 2:15 am

Redoing week one. All on the treadmill. Nearly killing me but loving it. Hoping to do Week one twice then Week two twice then progress to week three. Don't really want to rush it. Have also started a fitness program on the Wii. Is quite good. Would love to have a personal trainer but can't afford that and don't like going to the gym. How is everyone else going with with their C25K?
Back to top Go down
Curvychick71
Curvychick71

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2012-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptySat 26 Jan 2013, 3:07 am

Hi Demi,

I started the C25K today. How are you going with yours. I had to go out and buy a new sports bra first as I have inherited my grandmothers size DD's. So I strapped those puppies down and off I went. Was fantastic.

#thisfatgirlcanrun
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyTue 08 Jan 2013, 6:36 am

Starting c25k on Saturday. Does anyone want to join me?
Anyone else doing the C25K? 369315
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 2:01 pm

Wow Pocketrocket that info is really helpful. I just downloaded the app on my phone today ready to give it another Burl. You have given me hope that by being less heavy I might have a better chance. Now I just have to read the instructions clearly and commit to completing it.

All the very best for the run tomorrow!!
Ozzieloz
Back to top Go down
PocketRocket

Male
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: C25K - just completed it two weeks ago, well worth doing!   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 10:46 am

Hello everyone

I have just completed the couch25K about three weeks ago and the feeling of completing it is amazing!

I have tried over many years to give it ago, but as I was so heavy I would only last the first week and then hurt myself as it was too much pressure on my joints.

From my own experience it really helped me shift some weight, but I wouldn't recommend starting it until you are a few months out of your operation. I started it around about the 5th to 6th month and it really helped the weight to shift as a lot of people say your weightloss slows down around about this time. I did however do a lot of fitness work such as going down to the gym doing spinning and doing lots of walking to prepare and build up some muscles to prevent injuries.

I believe that by starting at a lower weight so there was a lot less stress on my joints really helped me complete the program. It has been one of the best things I have done for my fitness, but it was tough at the beginning and don't try and rush it at the start. Go slow and you might have to repeat a week or two, but who cares as eventually you will do it and I look forward to hearing your good news when you complete your C25K!

I followed this plan which was designed for the treadmill and you can print it out and I used to tick off each session until I finally completed it. Here is the link to the 'treadmill version' of the C25K
http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

Go for it :-)

PocketRocket

PS. Doing my first ever 10K tomorrow morning at 6am and it's only been three weeks since I completed the C25K!
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyThu 02 Jun 2011, 2:00 am

LOL

I started this again. I'm finished week 2, and will start week 3 on Saturday. It's amazing how quickly we can train our bodies!

I've given myself a goal of August 14th to be able to run 5kms (or at least most of it) there is a fun run near me then, I will give it a shot!
Back to top Go down
LJohn

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011, 2:48 pm

Hi guys,

I've been doing the C25K for a few weeks now off the ol' handy iPhone app (not really necessary but pretty handy for chucking on music and getting dings and dongs telling me when to run / walk and track my pacing / distance).

Initially I couldn't even come close to completing the week 1 runs without breaks but I stuck to them and slowly reduced the amount of breaks I had until I could do all 3 in a week with no breaks (and then I moved up).

I'm at 80kg now and feeling fairly fit but I'm still only on week 3! It's a tough program but don't be disheartened if the supposedly "9 week" program turns into a longer goal. I've got to the point now where I enjoy running and even look forward to it (maybe not near the end of the 20 minute workout but everything up to that point haha) and I'm in no rush to push myself up the weeks (especially since I do weight lifting in between which makes me sore and tired for the consecutive running days).

I really love the C25K program because the progress you make week to week is immediately apparent. Even early on where I would notice the difference week to week on having to have a break after 4 runs to having to have one after 6 -- it's awesome to know you're getting results.

Good luck with it!
Back to top Go down
footprints

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011, 12:14 pm

I'd love to do the C25K, I've had the info bookmarked in my browser for ages. However, I'm going to need to invest in a new sports bra before I do any jogging! :-P
Back to top Go down
roadtripmama

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyTue 23 Nov 2010, 6:52 am

Hi all,

I'm starting (again) too!

I got to week 3 last time before I found excuses to stop...my own worst enemy.

Anyway for anyone here that is a beginner too I found this site invaluable:

http://www.coolrunning.com.au/forums/index.php?s=a5196fa4a761c521dfc4247d741f7869&showforum=33

I cant ever see myself being as obsessed as some of these people but you never know...my SIL who got me started is now doing triathlons! She started me off by competing in a 5k race that had a family oriented 2k section that I did with my son.

LOVED IT!! My son took off, the little blighter but I just did my walk/run C25K thing with the aim of just finishing....this led to a 5k fun run, again walk/jog, and again I loved it. I came in the middle of the pack for my age group and as Ive never ever been a sports oriented girl I was stoked.

I will be looking for another 5k fun run I think. Helps keep me motivated.

I go for a job with my son and we both love it as its our special time, and he enjoys being part of getting me healthy.

Deb
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 9:57 am

Hi all
Glad to report that I HAVE started - tonight. Walked 30 mins not 20 but at a brisk pace, tried the 60sec jog, 90 sec walk, but gave up on the jogging bit after the second try - will improve with time I am sure.
All the best
Ozzieloz
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 6:35 am

Well, I still haven't started - too late home from work last night to go out on my own - so today it is!
And, it is only because I got on here that I feel compelled to getting started - so thank you all.

FNM - good on you - wk 2 already - I better catch up.
Meghan - hope you are feeling better soon. Hope to be able to tell you how well I am going really soon!

And FNM, I would willingly travel over that way to go for a walk or something one weekend if that suited. Just let me know!!

Here's to the January walk!
Loz
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 12:31 am

Im in caroline Springs...soooo way over the other side of town..imagine some people actually run that far..silly people....lol...

did wk2 day 1 last night..so run for 90 sec,then walk for 2min etc...Im feeling ok today..not sore at all..it does take it out of you when your doing it though..and Im still stalling on the weight..damn it....back at 94.7 grrrrrr not happy! lol

Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptySun 07 Nov 2010, 9:41 pm

Hi Fnm & Meghan
the Jan event might be a goer but I have never been a runner. A quick walk is more my style!! We can contact each other for motivation too and perhaps meet for the 1000 steps one weekend?? Thanks for the encouragement. I think I might even find a young friend to join in. Hubby works arvo shift so not around to join me after work. Where are you fnm? Meghan already answered that for us. Should try to catch up but def will on here. Start today!!! Let's go!!!
Loz
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptySun 07 Nov 2010, 8:35 pm

LOL I'm still feeling icky, but I will try and get out there tonight. I may have to restart though, so I'd be looking at the mid January point before I could get to 5 kms. Of course, that's if I stick to it too LOL

I'm in Botanic Ridge, Cranbourne South and Loz is in Dandenong North.
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? EmptySun 07 Nov 2010, 3:46 am

Ozzieloz.... you will love it..but can I suggest if your anything like me..get someone to do it with you!! obviously you have to pick the right person but if I was doing this alone I would have already cheated..lol..how bad is that!! lol.. I am the motivator to get us out there (as my friend would find any social excuse in the world why she couldnt do it) and once we are out there and I am dying that she keeps me going..... it also is more fun and the time goes quicker..oh and safer at night if your running then...

my friend and I are "thinking" about doing the 5km city to bay in January in St kilda...a bit of a goal to get to...and we want to do the 1000 steps aswell..not sure I want to run them though..walking will be enough..lol...

Meghan..get better and get running! your in Melb too..where are you all living?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else doing the C25K?   Anyone else doing the C25K? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else doing the C25K?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next